And it started with a kiss ...

And it started with a kiss ...

SnowWhite
Rock Star

17 Aug 2011, 07:53 #1

ZOMG it's been four years. That is ... crazymaking.

But this will ALWAYS hold a very special place in my heart. And to this day every time I watch this kiss I get butterflies. And the fact they did this in the first take -

I think that kinda sums up how amazing these boys were gonna be at this. They had it from the get and this is always going to be a beauitful reminder of that.

So, let's celebrate! Shiny pics and vids coming your way.

Nothing says Happy August 17th quite like boy!kissing. :wub:

with music!

without music!
Grumpy: Angel, ha! She's a female! And all females is poison! They're full of wicked wiles!
Bashful: What are wicked wiles?
Grumpy: I don't know, but I'm agin' 'em.

PJ3
Rock Star

17 Aug 2011, 13:04 #2

The chemistry still explodes on the screen. Happy kiss-aversary!

Thanks for the pretty photos Snow. Nothing starts a day like sexy hot boys

Barbara
Rock Star

17 Aug 2011, 13:06 #3

Oh Boys! :wub: I miss them so much! I can't believe it's been that long....

Thanks Steph for bringing us the pretty! And to quote the other Barbara "Happy kiss-aversary"!
Another one of Andy's proud minions.

They're very real with each other and VERY SWEET...
Jake 08

Richard
Rock Star

17 Aug 2011, 13:07 #4

Good lord, four years. Hard to believe! Thanks for the happy reminder, Steph.

daffyd12
Rock Star

17 Aug 2011, 13:57 #5

Yes!! Happy Kiss Anniversary! It still sells :wub:
And in conclusion: Luke and Noah are incredibly good at having sex In fact for Luke it is an out-of-body experience.

dynoguy88
Rock Star

17 Aug 2011, 14:03 #6

Four years. Wow. Where did the time go?

I watched the kiss live with the folks on VH.net. Ten minutes after uploading it, the video had over 3,000 hits and I was like, "What the hell?" Turns out Roger sent the link to that tool, Perez Hilton.

That will always be a special day. Probably the biggest ever Friday cliffhanger for our boys.
"Andy doesn't like Reid and the storyline. At all." ~ Van Hansis

"Thank you, Andy. I love you!" ~ Jake Silbermann

scalsch
Rock Star

17 Aug 2011, 19:22 #7

Awwwwwwww.
And in conclusion...

jb1183

17 Aug 2011, 22:58 #8

I could watch the clip over and over again and NEVER get tired of it. :wub: Happy kiss-aversary Luke and Noah! And many more! K)

Thannyr
Superstar

18 Aug 2011, 01:58 #9

Sometimes I think I'm kind of sad, for holding one of the pinnacle of fictional romances as these two guys' SOAP love affair.

UGH...I'm still in love with Nuke after all this time. C)

*sigh*
No love like Nuke Love!

Horizontal Nuke NOW!

Nuke wedding NOW!

Stop hiding Noah!

True Blue for Nuke!

SnowWhite
Rock Star

17 Aug 2012, 15:45 #10

Bumping this thread, bb. Because holy hell we have hit the FIVE YEAR MARK.

I can't even with that.

But this scene, and these boys, still get me in the gut. I literally can still watch this part over and over. Van and Jake just own this moment in time.

So, putting the kiss here AGAIN. Because it should be watched and enjoyed this fine anniversary.

I kinda love that for a little corner of us August 17 is always gonna hold a special place.

Grumpy: Angel, ha! She's a female! And all females is poison! They're full of wicked wiles!
Bashful: What are wicked wiles?
Grumpy: I don't know, but I'm agin' 'em.

Renata
Rock Star

17 Aug 2012, 17:50 #11

:wub:

Thanks for the reminder, Steph. I still remember where I was and what I was doing when I saw the preview of their kiss on an entertainment news show. Stopped me in my tracks. Still makes my stomach flutter after all these years. Happy anniversary!

scalsch
Rock Star

17 Aug 2012, 20:45 #12

I hadn't watched that in forever. Thanks Steph.

All those memories and feelings come right back.

:wub:
And in conclusion...

quaquaqua
Rock Star

18 Aug 2012, 19:50 #13

5 years! Holy hell. I mean. That is weird but at the same time I guess it does seem like forever ago, in some ways. I'm definitely a different person now than I was before the kiss and ensuing controversies. Lots of memories! Some better than others. That kiss scene really was perfect. So was their second kiss. And third kiss!
Robert o___o

Richard
Rock Star

18 Aug 2012, 22:29 #14

I can't believe it's been five years! Like Robert, I feel like my life is completely different now but to see that number is mind-blowing.

Seeing the video, though, what struck me most was how glad I am not to be at the mercy of ATWT anymore. That preview just gave my stomach the same sinking feeling of doom I'd have with each new spoiler. I don't miss that at all.

JTT
Rock Star

19 Aug 2012, 14:18 #15

Richard @ Aug 18 2012, 05:29 PM wrote: Seeing the video, though, what struck me most was how glad I am not to be at the mercy of ATWT anymore. That preview just gave my stomach the same sinking feeling of doom I'd have with each new spoiler. I don't miss that at all.
WORD. As much as I miss Nuke, I sure as hell don't miss the crap that the writers/producers put us Nuke fans through. I'm relieved that CG or JP are not destroying another show right now. Although I've heard that SD now writes for Y&R?!?!? That would explain a lot actually...
NUKE FOREVER...

dynoguy88
Rock Star

19 Aug 2012, 19:07 #16

JTT @ Aug 19 2012, 02:18 PM wrote:
Richard @ Aug 18 2012, 05:29 PM wrote: Seeing the video, though, what struck me most was how glad I am not to be at the mercy of ATWT anymore. That preview just gave my stomach the same sinking feeling of doom I'd have with each new spoiler. I don't miss that at all.
WORD. As much as I miss Nuke, I sure as hell don't miss the crap that the writers/producers put us Nuke fans through. I'm relieved that CG or JP are not destroying another show right now. Although I've heard that SD now writes for Y&R?!?!? That would explain a lot actually...
Being at ATWT's mercy was extremely painful only because I was so attached to those boys and that originally started for me being attached to Luke during his coming out.

It often makes me wonder if I could put myself through that again. I go back and forth on my answer all the time. On one hand, you have characters that have touched my heart like no TV characters did in my entire life and on the other hand, you have the awful stories, the awful screen time, the censorship, the dreadful spoilers, the lack of respect from the writers and Goutman in scripts and in interviews... the anger, the moments you want to pull your hair out.

To think I uploaded that story for 3 1/2 years. :wacko: I can't tell you how many times I had to upload in a bad mood.
"Andy doesn't like Reid and the storyline. At all." ~ Van Hansis

"Thank you, Andy. I love you!" ~ Jake Silbermann

Richard
Rock Star

19 Aug 2012, 21:17 #17

JTT @ Aug 19 2012, 09:18 AM wrote:
Yes, she does. Her tenure has coincided with some of the most ridiculous happenings in the last decade, though she's probably not to blame for that.

Aww, Andy. You don't have to debate what you'd do if there's ever another Luke and Noah. There never will be.

Shawn1978
Rock Star

17 Aug 2017, 05:35 #18

I bumped this thread up, because even though it's 1:32 a.m. in the morning. Today is now 08-17-2017.

It's now officially been 10 years since that groundbreaking kiss between Luke and Noah on ATWT!

Even though I miss Van and Jake terribly, I still love to remember these wonderful memories of one of the greatest gay supercouples in soaps, EVER!

Happy 10 year Kissiversary, everyone!
I love Jake "sex on legs" Silbermann!