Zodiac stopped or continued: a THOUGHT

LauraK8
SFPD

May 1st, 2018, 1:31 am #1

I’ve always been skeptical of the Zodiac continuing his killing spree after he stopped writing to the press, mainly because his killings were fast and it seems the taunting and fear were a major source of his getting off. (Or, of course, it was all a ruse to cover one intended target.)

However, with these new DNA developments, it suddenly entered my head - If he did kill one, two or more after the fact - maybe he stopped sending missives because he realized he left a clue.

He’s not a genius, no matter how smart people might think he is. That concern could have stopped him flat out after just one more, or kept any future activity on the down-low. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by LauraK8 on May 1st, 2018, 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Super_Sleuth
Old Newbie
Super_Sleuth
Old Newbie

May 1st, 2018, 11:07 am #2

I think Zodiac was more intelligent than people give him credit for. Everything was planned out from the beginning. Sure he made some mistakes. But it was all planned out.

The misspellings in the letters... planned out.
The creating of ciphers... planned out.
The clues... false clues... and planned out.

Zodiac liked to kill and liked to tease. That was the game he wanted to play. Then towards the end he started writing letters that made it sound like he was against violence. That was him being sarcastic.

I believe he either just stopped because he got his thrill and didn't want to risk getting caught, or he just unexpectedly died. But in the end if he was Arthur Leigh Allen... then boy did he play everyone and you could imagine the enjoyment he received.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

May 3rd, 2018, 4:37 pm #3

The people who have read my thread either on this site or other sites , knows that I have very strong feelings about this case and believe that Zodiac is not only alive , but that he has not stopped his killing or writing about it.

We don't hear about it, because the police handling these unsolved murders didn't believe Zodiac when he has told them he was killing  the girls in Contra Costa county in the 80's and 90's. There were over a dozen during that killing spree.

Of course that was never in the news nor was it told to the DA's office,or Paul Holes would have jumped on it!  Tragically  Pittsburg LE felt it had to be a hoax, even though the killer did call them to let them know where to find a body.and who he was. Those cops had to be too young to know anything at all about the Zodiac, or that phone call would have been a clue to the killer at least possibly being Zodiac. Mark my words ,he is still out there and hopefully will be caught very soon!

My number one suspect I have been told, has moved back down to southern California. If anyone reading this is living down south , please let me know if you have had any missing or murdered females this past year or so? He beats , strangles,stabs, tortures and shoots them, that is what he did to his victims in Contra Costa County. None of the body's  were buried, they were all put where they would be found sometimes near water.
One was put inside a construction site porta -potty! My suspect has retired from the construction business, but could still be doing side jobs, he is very fit for his age and looks much younger than his late 70's.