July 8th, 2018, 4:57 pm #11

I think Rocky's last name was Gann?

July 8th, 2018, 11:55 pm #12

Sandy, 

I believe you are right!!  I was able to pick this up on ZodiacKillerSite:

Rocky = Raymond George Gann

DOB Dec. 19, 1923 San Francisco CA
DOD Nov. 21, 2004 Longview WA

Rocky lived in Benicia at the time of the LHR and BRS murders. He later moved to Walnut Creek. He belonged to the Inlandboatman's Union which had their union hall on Harrison in San Francisco. The Inlandboatman's Union members mainly worked inside the SF bay and coastwise moving barges.

Rocky also had a martial arts business in Benicia. I don't recall which martial art that was taught there. My husband described him as being a "weird duck" with no close friends in the union. My husband and his fellow union members knew that Rocky was a Zodiac suspect at the time he was being investigated.

Rocky served in WWII in the Navy.

I will ask around and see if I can find out anything more about Rocky.  At that time, 1970?, we had an art teach at Benicia High by the name of Rita Khunkey (?).  After her husband died in a car accident, she got an apartment on First Street over what is now the First Street Cafe.  Some of the girls who hung around at her home were afraid of Rocky and turned him in.     

July 9th, 2018, 5:25 pm #13

I would like to see what he looked like? I did know someone named Rocky, but don't remember anything about him. I think I found that name in a police report?  Good information on him thanks.

Tahoe27
DOJ

July 28th, 2018, 7:06 pm #14

sandy betts wrote: I would like to see what he looked like? I did know someone named Rocky, but don't remember anything about him. I think I found that name in a police report?  Good information on him thanks.
Check with Seagull.  ;)
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

July 28th, 2018, 8:11 pm #15

Thanks Tahoe, I will do that.

Eric
Eric

July 28th, 2018, 11:52 pm #16

sandy betts wrote: I would like to see what he looked like? I did know someone named Rocky, but don't remember anything about him. I think I found that name in a police report?  Good information on him thanks.
Is there a relative named Cynthia Gann? This is similar to a name I heard before but they thought it might be Mann or she used an alias. Never really thought much of it at the time.

July 29th, 2018, 12:01 am #17

Eric wrote:
Is there a relative named Cynthia Gann? This is similar to a name I heard before but they thought it might be Mann or she used an alias. Never really thought much of it at the time.
I can check that name out for you if you like?

Eric
Eric

July 29th, 2018, 12:41 am #18

Probably waste of time. I noticed a Edmond Virgil Mann mentioned at another forum. I wonder how many people just put names out there of people they do not like. Must be a lot of BS to sort through.

July 29th, 2018, 1:20 am #19

Yes there is still a lot of BS to sort out. I don't think they put names out there just because they don't like someone ,so they make him a suspect. 
Some want to be a part of the crime and name their father, brother, uncle. They name people who can't defend themselves because they have died. I have yet to see any evidence for any of the named suspects that looks good. No handwriting, gun or knife, no proof they were in the area of the crime scene. It is just their word, that isn't good enough, they need real evidence!