Zodiac Discussion on KFI in Los Angeles

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

June 2nd, 2018, 1:14 am #1

I was recently interviewed on KFI in Los Angeles -- some interesting subjects were touched on. I think it's worth a listen:

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-KFI- ... =558473715

Bolt
SFPD

June 2nd, 2018, 2:59 am #2

Very nice interview!

Surprising that you sound open to DeAngelo being Z.

Also those mis-filed 1969 police reports naming a couple of suspects you'd never heard of - any clues who they are?

tahoetess
Old Newbie
tahoetess
Old Newbie

June 3rd, 2018, 3:30 am #3

I remember reading a description of Zodiac from someone who saw him @ Stein murder? that he had a fat face which would match JJD....only one other person saw him, Michael Mageau...who is still alive!

June 11th, 2018, 3:16 pm #4

I wasn't able to hear the show, but will in a couple of hours.

tathoetess, As far as I know, no one from the Stine scene said that Zodiac had a fat face. Mike M was the one who said he had a large face and Darlene's babysitter said his face was round and had a large head.

No way is the GSK Zodiac.,totally different MO! 

TejasRob
VPD

June 11th, 2018, 4:29 pm #5

I've wondered, since Mageau only got a quick glimpse of Zodiac, and it was dark, if his description of Zodiac having a "large face" was from Zodiac wearing a mask of some sort. Just a possibility.

I don't really think GSK is Zodiac but I wouldn't rule him out. Killers often "up' their game and Zodiac did say he was going to change the way he was killing people. I leave open the possibility.

Also wonder about the coincident that both GSK and ALA were both ex-Navy, divers, and pervs.

June 11th, 2018, 5:23 pm #6

I just heard the radio interview and posted about it, but must not have clicked submit? Anyway I liked what I heard, I have never been disappointed in any interviews with Tom. 

Did I hear it correctly , that you Tom didn't make it to do more digging at VPD the last time you were here? I hope that means that you will be back soon to go to VPD and dig up some more good evidence? 
I have had many people ask me if you will be doing anymore task force meetings? It would be great if you could be here for the Blue Rock Springs anniversary, have you thought about doing that ? I am sure it would be a huge turn out. Right now my group is about 11 people who will be there on the 4th , anyone including Zodiac is welcome to join us.

TejasRob
VPD

June 11th, 2018, 5:44 pm #7

sandy betts wrote: anyone including Zodiac is welcome to join us.
LOL, you are one brave lady Sandy.

I-Love-You
I-Love-You

June 11th, 2018, 6:13 pm #8

Sandy, in all sincerity, that is a dangerous game to play. If the Zodiac has been stalking you for so many decades then taunting him might not be the best route to take.
Please take safety and be cautious. As you know this man is a stone-cold killer. Egging him on might draw his wrath. Especially if he is aware that new DNA results might end up outing him to the police his dangerous emotions might be riding pretty high right now.
I know you can't live your life in fear, even though you are being stalked by one of the most notorious killers in United State history. You "win" by not living in fear. But probably better to not start taking him too casually.
Please be safe!

June 11th, 2018, 6:24 pm #9

Well I doubt he would actually join us , but have often wondered if he was watching from a distance? One of our meetings at Lake Berryessa when we all spent the night there, as we were leaving I spotted carved into the glass booth at the exit , there was a large Z logo. Of course the people who had suspects that had already died , didn't think anything about that. I sure as heck felt it was something he would do to let us know he was there. My buddy Howard Davis drove me there to meet up with everyone else. While we were driving to the lake and only a few miles before Moskowite Corners, I saw some dark colored wording on one of the traffic signs( Like thick felt tipped pen writing). I mentioned to Howard what I saw and that I would like to see what was written. But it isn't easy on that road to turn around or stop and back up, so I never saw what the Z like printing said? His suspect was in jail, so it wasn't important to him. That is something that I will always regret not checking out.  One of the meetings at Blue Rock I saw something cryptic carved into one of the table tops where we had our meeting, it also had a Z logo. I received a phone call from Darlene's sister the night before the meeting, about a call she said she received from the man calling himself Zodiac. He told her that he planted a bomb at the park to go off while I was there. She said she reported that to VPD , they went there and searched for the bomb, but didn't find anything. I guess they only call the bomb squad if they found a bomb? 

June 11th, 2018, 6:41 pm #10

I-Love-You wrote:
Sandy, in all sincerity, that is a dangerous game to play. If the Zodiac has been stalking you for so many decades then taunting him might not be the best route to take.
Please take safety and be cautious. As you know this man is a stone-cold killer. Egging him on might draw his wrath. Especially if he is aware that new DNA results might end up outing him to the police his dangerous emotions might be riding pretty high right now.
I know you can't live your life in fear, even though you are being stalked by one of the most notorious killers in United State history. You "win" by not living in fear. But probably better to not start taking him too casually.
Please be safe!
Thank you for your concern . Who ever he is likes to play games, he knows I am not afraid to play along with him. That could be why he hasn't killed me? I am pretty sure that he reads this message board, so he knows what plans we have and it is interesting for him to know what is going on in the case. We talk about things that are not in the news that he would want to know. I think that instead of him reading the SF Chron every morning like he use to, he has his coffee and reads what is being said about him right here. For him this is better than being on the front page!