WATERSON: WHAT WE KNOW

Discussion of all other Zodiac suspects should be posted here

WATERSON: WHAT WE KNOW

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

December 28th, 2017, 4:27 am #1

WORK IN PROGRESS: In this thread I will compile updated info about Waterson as it developes, as well as the known connections between Waterson and the Zodiac/Donna Lass cases.

"Waterson" (not his real name) was questioned by police following an abduction of a Tahoe woman in the 1960s, just a short distance from where still-missing nurse Donna Lass was last seen. The daughter of the victim contacted me after viewing "The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer" on television, a show that featured the Lass case. Both the abduction victim and Waterson are still alive. The abductor hid in the back seat of the victim's car following her shift at a local Safeway store; she believes he accessed her car during a stop she made on the way home at a drug store near the Sahara Tahoe. The victim escaped unharmed in a secluded area miles away.

waterson2.jpg

Ties to the Vallejo area:
Waterson resided at Travis Air Force Base in nearby Fairfield in the years prior to the Zodiac crimes. Additionally, his future wife attended high school and college in Vallejo. 

Waterson's wife filed for divorce in January 1964 due to mental cruelty. The divorce filing was published in the local newspaper on Jan. 29, 1964. Exactly 10 years later, Zodiac mailed the Exorcist letter. 

Ties to Napa County:
After reconciling for several years, divorce proceedings occurred in Napa County in 1969. Following the divorce, Waterson visited Lake Berryessa with his children and seemed to exhibit a familiarity with the area.

Ties to San Francisco:
As a commercial pilot, Waterson frequently flew to and from San Francisco International Airport. Zodiac victim Paul Stine delivered a passenger to that airport immediately before encountering the Zodiac.

ETC:
In 1971, Waterson was living in Los Angeles when Zodiac mailed a letter to the Los Angeles Times newspaper.

More to come very soon...

xyz.jpg

BugsMoran
DOJ

December 28th, 2017, 2:36 pm #2

Thank you, Tom, for the update. I'm glad the suspect's daughter contacted you.

criceenglish

December 28th, 2017, 10:45 pm #3

Those lips....pretty noticeable.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

December 29th, 2017, 7:11 pm #4

I've updated the main entry with new info.

wixas
wixas

December 29th, 2017, 9:03 pm #5

If this guys real name fits in the cipher somewhere it would be incredible... also the show left an open question about the dna from bloody pants...

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie

December 29th, 2017, 9:27 pm #6

Is this the guy with the four letter last name?

wixas
wixas

December 29th, 2017, 9:30 pm #7

actually i was thinking about six letter name :)

nordwind
DOJ

December 29th, 2017, 9:33 pm #8

Looks promising....Godspeed !
Once you've heard the truth everything else is just cheap whiskey.....R Lee Ermey

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie

December 29th, 2017, 9:36 pm #9

wixas wrote: actually i was thinking about six letter name :)
Six letter name....hmmm, can't put my finger on that. Where can it be read?

wixas
wixas

December 29th, 2017, 9:43 pm #10

I'm talking about z340 solution by Bauer, where he got nikson at the ending. Maybe if we change some letters its another name or an anagram... Well its just my thoughts :)