I-Love-You
I-Love-You

July 25th, 2018, 2:13 am #11

EddieBarsh92 wrote:
LauraK8 wrote: The double dash (em-dash) is standard writing protocol. It creates, or symbolizes, the aside — such as what I just did, above. That long line is the result of my putting in a double dash.  In the old days the double dash didn’t translate so smoothly, but that’s what it meant.

It means nothing in relation to RG. You were a bad journalist if you didn’t know common punctuation, such as an em-dash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure, it may have been used by many journalists but my question is how many writers at the GTs actually used them besides Gike? Im not saying no1 else at the GTs didn't use them but I have not personally seen anyone else use them besides Guyk. However, by the time this article was written the GTs was puboperating with a reduced staff. They were never really a large staff to begin with as an underground paper but in 72 they were even smaller which increases the odds that Dick Gaik may have possibly wrote this. Its also possible he didn't.
Is there something significant about that publication besides a few people thinking Gaikowski is the zodiac? Meaning, people tie that the publication is anti-establishment, pokes fun at the police, etc to that it would fit the DNA of the zodiac (based on his letters). So if Gaikowski wasn't a favorite suspect of a few....would people be investigating other writers from there?

Uncle Sporkums
Old Newbie

July 25th, 2018, 5:57 pm #12

I thought you weren't coming back to this section.

I-Love-You
I-Love-You

July 26th, 2018, 8:06 pm #13

Uncle Sporkums wrote: I thought you weren't coming back to this section.
It's a FORUM where people come to exchange ideas. Most people don't hold personal grudges against a total stranger because they differ on their GUESS of who a serial killer might be.

I'm here to chat with people about the zodiac case. I don't think the "Gyke" cipher evidence is anything but a coincidence. Just like it's a coincidence that in the cipher you can also find the zodiac symbol immediately followed by the initials LK.  If for some weird reason that triggers you - please, feel free to ignore my posts and questions.

We all should be working together....not tearing each other down or insulting people because the have a difference of opinion. Nobody on here knows who the zodiac really is.

ALSO - this topic is about the zodiac killer and how Gaikowski fits into the picture. IT IS NOT ABOUT ME. Please feel free to PM me if you want to talk about me and not the topic of the website: Zodiac Killer.  Thanks.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

July 26th, 2018, 8:15 pm #14

You've already established that you don't think Gaikowski was the Zodiac. No need to further kick a dead horse, which is what you're doing.

EddieBarsh92
Old Newbie
EddieBarsh92
Old Newbie

July 27th, 2018, 12:13 am #15

I didn't respond back because both ppl I were speaking to were talking about things that were irrelevant. I asked "how many other ppl outside of Gaik used double dashes" and she started talking about ppl who USED to write for the GTs which had nothing at all to do with what I was talking about and then ILY started talking nonsense about other writers being suspects which made little to no sense so I didn't respond.

mrey88
Old Newbie
mrey88
Old Newbie

July 27th, 2018, 4:52 am #16

"We all should be working together....not tearing each other down or insulting people because the have a difference of opinion."

Says the person whose avatar is a blatant attempt to mock and belittle people who believe RG is a legitimate suspect. 

LauraK8
SFPD

July 27th, 2018, 9:33 am #17

EddieBarsh92 wrote:I didn't respond back because both ppl I were speaking to were talking about things that were irrelevant. I asked "how many other ppl outside of Gaik used double dashes" and she started talking about ppl who USED to write for the GTs which had nothing at all to do with what I was talking about and then ILY started talking nonsense about other writers being suspects which made little to no sense so I didn't respond.
Hey Eddie, I’m not saying one way or the other whether RG is Z or not. I used to think not, but I will be honest - at this point I’m not sure. I was simply pointing out that the em dash is not the strongest clue because it was and is standard journalistic writing. My response about earlier we’ll-known writers at the paper (from Harvard and Berkeley) was simply to counteract your comment that writers of free press papers wouldn’t be knowledgeable about standards. It wasn’t really “nonsense,” but it’s all good. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk