Tahoe27
DOJ

January 18th, 2018, 2:35 am #11

TomVoigt wrote: I temporarily got rid of the ads for $10. Are they gone for everybody or just me?
Gone on mine.  Thank you!
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

B217h
Old Newbie
B217h
Old Newbie

January 18th, 2018, 2:37 am #12

TomVoigt wrote: I temporarily got rid of the ads for $10. Are they gone for everybody or just me?

It's been flawless for me today which is rare so I'm assuming it worked.  Thanks!!!

LauraK8
SFPD

January 18th, 2018, 2:40 am #13

Just now.
Funny, I never noticed them before. Guess I spaced out on them.

Interesting, because I thought ads were the responsibility of the end user - you know, $2.99 to remove ads. I don’t see that option anywhere in Tapatalk. But considering I didn’t really notice them, I guess I don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe27
DOJ

January 18th, 2018, 4:35 am #14

Ads when using my cell still there.
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie

January 18th, 2018, 4:42 pm #15

B217h wrote: Does anyone else have constant issues with the discussion forums on mobile phones?  I can't use this forum 90% of the time on my iphone due to the constant gift card redirection and its extremely frustrating.  Its as if Z is screwing with us lol.  Does anyone else have this issue?
I have a desktop. I click on the "headlines" for stories that come into my email from this site and 99% of the time it says "no access" or something similar. I have yet to find a good communication site. They are all bad.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

January 18th, 2018, 6:15 pm #16

Just use this link to visit this forum:
index.php

db2010
db2010

February 1st, 2018, 12:18 pm #17

I am using the Tapatalk android app on my LG K20 and do not have this issue....I got rid of my iPhone 6 last month...besides the fact that the battery failed on it and the case swelled when that happened...I paid $120 for the K20 and in my opinion, it does just as well as the iPhone 8 but there are valid arguments concerning memory, sound quality, processor speed, etc....for the price comparison $120 vs what $700 for an iPhone 8 now? Apple needs to get it's act together with their pricing or start losing most of their customer base....I noticed a lot of issues with the IOS apps as well, but the customization factor for the Android apps just seems to be blowing Apple away right now...that's my 2cents worth..of course my opinions are probably not going to be very helpful commentary for a person already heavily invested with an Apple iPhone and maybe a carrier contract you can't escape from quite yet..just check your carrier for your upgrade options next time around...go to the store and check the Android phones...put them in your hands..play with the apps....you'll see what I mean....it was a shockingly pleasant "bang for my buck" in my humble opinion...and I do emphasize the word humble...

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie

February 18th, 2018, 3:43 pm #18

B217h wrote: Does anyone else have constant issues with the discussion forums on mobile phones?  I can't use this forum 90% of the time on my iphone due to the constant gift card redirection and its extremely frustrating.  Its as if Z is screwing with us lol.  Does anyone else have this issue?
Hi, I'm out in the country, using an ancient desktop with Windows 7 Pro (?). I'm not having any issues with the working of this site but I have questions about it nobody has ever answered. How do certain stories become "headlines". I've clicked on so many only to see a pop up saying "there is no article available", or something very similar. Is this an editor's work? Fine if it is but why do I still get the blaring headline? I suspect that this site/app/whatever is being used because it is relatively low cost? Maybe not worth it.

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie

February 18th, 2018, 3:47 pm #19

db2010 wrote: I am using the Tapatalk android app on my LG K20 and do not have this issue....I got rid of my iPhone 6 last month...besides the fact that the battery failed on it and the case swelled when that happened...I paid $120 for the K20 and in my opinion, it does just as well as the iPhone 8 but there are valid arguments concerning memory, sound quality, processor speed, etc....for the price comparison $120 vs what $700 for an iPhone 8 now? Apple needs to get it's act together with their pricing or start losing most of their customer base....I noticed a lot of issues with the IOS apps as well, but the customization factor for the Android apps just seems to be blowing Apple away right now...that's my 2cents worth..of course my opinions are probably not going to be very helpful commentary for a person already heavily invested with an Apple iPhone and maybe a carrier contract you can't escape from quite yet..just check your carrier for your upgrade options next time around...go to the store and check the Android phones...put them in your hands..play with the apps....you'll see what I mean....it was a shockingly pleasant "bang for my buck" in my humble opinion...and I do emphasize the word humble...
Your tech explanations are very much appreciated. I'm too old to really get into this stuff with any competence. Who "runs" the LG K20? Apple has had a lot of worms in it lately. I'm not invested in anything because I'm too old to "get" with it. Would you recommend this LG K20? 

db2010
db2010

February 19th, 2018, 2:30 pm #20

v wrote:
db2010 wrote: I am using the Tapatalk android app on my LG K20 and do not have this issue....I got rid of my iPhone 6 last month...besides the fact that the battery failed on it and the case swelled when that happened...I paid $120 for the K20 and in my opinion, it does just as well as the iPhone 8 but there are valid arguments concerning memory, sound quality, processor speed, etc....for the price comparison $120 vs what $700 for an iPhone 8 now? Apple needs to get it's act together with their pricing or start losing most of their customer base....I noticed a lot of issues with the IOS apps as well, but the customization factor for the Android apps just seems to be blowing Apple away right now...that's my 2cents worth..of course my opinions are probably not going to be very helpful commentary for a person already heavily invested with an Apple iPhone and maybe a carrier contract you can't escape from quite yet..just check your carrier for your upgrade options next time around...go to the store and check the Android phones...put them in your hands..play with the apps....you'll see what I mean....it was a shockingly pleasant "bang for my buck" in my humble opinion...and I do emphasize the word humble...
Your tech explanations are very much appreciated. I'm too old to really get into this stuff with any competence. Who "runs" the LG K20? Apple has had a lot of worms in it lately. I'm not invested in anything because I'm too old to "get" with it. Would you recommend this LG K20? 
I only bought this phone for the following reasons: 1) It was upgrade offer on my carrier account 2) The price was very reasonable 3) You can service the battery yourself 4) In my opinion it is comparable to the iPhone 6s although not same amount of memory 4) I suffered with Apple products for a number of years with screens and batteries failing, cases swelling, etc and they are not very user-serviceable friendly and usually by the time stuff like that starts happening, they are out of warranty, and it cost almost as much as the phone to get them repaired. I do recommend the LG K20. It's a learning curve going over to Android, but so far I am loving it.