Ross Sullivan

Discussion of all other Zodiac suspects should be posted here
kktn
kktn

16 Nov 2017, 00:40 #241

morf- i wonder if he went on a date with cecilia that is why he wore a mask at LB

morf13
DOJ

16 Nov 2017, 20:11 #242

kktn wrote: morf- i wonder if he went on a date with cecilia that is why he wore a mask at LB
I don't think Ross could have gotten a date with Cecelia even if he wanted to. It would have been hard for here and Bryan to have been stalked that day. I think that they were randomly selected.

joku
joku

16 Nov 2017, 20:26 #243

There were those sightings about a loitering man by the dentist & son and the three sunbathing college girls. In all likelihood it was Z, looking for suitable targets.

The dentist's son had a rifle so they weren't good to attack, and there were three of the girls, so maybe Z thought they could overpower him. So once he noticed Cecelia and Bryan, he probably decided to go for them considering that he had previous experience from attacking a couple rather successfully (or it was his preference target for whatever reason).

It was all just really bad luck for the victims, being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Geoff
Geoff

22 Nov 2017, 17:55 #244

morf13 wrote: I am going to try and see if we can get a clearer enhanced copy of this. It's of poor quality, and looks like a marker was used to fill it out. I see a couple differences and a couple similarities to Z.

He marked his birthplace as "Seracuse New York". I live in "Syracuse, NY" which is probably what he meant. For what it's worth, the county is Onondaga.  

PeterFormaini

23 Nov 2017, 04:21 #245

Geoff wrote:
morf13 wrote: I am going to try and see if we can get a clearer enhanced copy of this. It's of poor quality, and looks like a marker was used to fill it out. I see a couple differences and a couple similarities to Z.

He marked his birthplace as "Seracuse New York". I live in "Syracuse, NY" which is probably what he meant. For what it's worth, the county is Onondaga.  
Does his random use of lower-case and capital Rs strike you as odd? And his misspelling the name of his place of birth?

01 Dec 2017, 02:05 #246

I've read earlier that Sullivan was around 300 pounds in the mid-to-late 1960s, which would definitely eliminate him as a viable Zodiac suspect. The proof offered is talk of his photo(s). But the 3 photos posted earlier here show him looking like a normally-built man. Not even 'heavy', let alone 300 pounds. Can someone re-post any photos that show him looking like a 300-pounder around the mid-to-late 1960s?

Thanks.

I know the other 'proof' offered is an article about his Santa Cruz arrest, which doesn't mention his name. Is there a booking photo of that arrest, or a booking sheet that would document his weight?

01 Dec 2017, 18:53 #247

An article on the front page of Fox News today makes it look like they're very close to solving at least the Cheri Jo murder and maybe the whole Zodiac case! It talks about Sullivan (and Kane) says they now have the clearest DNA yet. Cold case detective Ken Mains says he found blood-stained hand prints on Cheri Jo's pants!

"During the examination of Bates' clothing, I discovered, without a doubt, two bloody handprints at the bottom of her pants," said Mains, a former FBI task force member and Marine Corps veteran. "We have touch DNA from those handprints."

If true, it sounds like the killer tried to drag Cheri Jo's body after the murder- probably to move her out of the way so he could have more time to escape before she was found.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/01/zo ... -last.html

morf13
DOJ

07 Dec 2017, 10:30 #248

Ross writing discovered in a yearbook, his letter Z is a match for the Z symbol at the bottom of Bates letters-just no way to spin it any other way
letterz.PNG

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

07 Dec 2017, 11:56 #249

morf13 wrote: Ross writing discovered in a yearbook, his letter Z is a match for the Z symbol at the bottom of Bates letters-just no way to spin it any other way
You should post this here:
ross-sullivan-featured-suspect-in-the-h ... t7829.html

B217h
Old Newbie
B217h
Old Newbie

07 Dec 2017, 19:42 #250

morf13 wrote: Ross writing discovered in a yearbook, his letter Z is a match for the Z symbol at the bottom of Bates letters-just no way to spin it any other way
Nice Find!!  When I first saw his SS form and I'm no handwriting expert but I was like I've never seen any writing that's this close to Z.
Last edited by B217h on 08 Dec 2017, 20:25, edited 2 times in total.