New Suspect Emerges -- General Discussion

Discussion of all Zodiac DNA news and certain other topics should be posted here
partiallypro

January 2nd, 2018, 4:21 pm #81

csmith wrote:
TomVoigt wrote:
Zaikgeist wrote: Nice work Tom.

As much as I hate to admit it, Watson looks a helluva more like the composite than Gaik.
I think Richard fits nicely. What I tell people is to always remember the sketch of Zodiac is not a picture from a camera; it's a drawing made by someone who didn't even see Zodiac. All you can trust to be accurate are the generalities -- white male in his 30s, clean shaven, dark glasses, military type haircut, not short, not tall, not fat, not skinny, maybe stocky build. The subject of the sketch could have been Watson, or Richard, or any of a number of others.

*And just because this drives me crazy, there is no reason to believe Zodiac had a widow's peak or a limp.
Tom is EXACTLY right. This sketch is not gospel, & does not even necessarily look much like Z, we don't know for certain.  Hell, for all we know, this sketch could have helped Z avoid suspicion all of these years by leading people to look for suspects that don't look like him, & maybe still leads us away from the actual face of Z. Who knows.
Z could have been limping because he hit his knee on the door exiting the taxi, doesn't mean he always limps, or because SF has steep roads and sidewalks. One thing I don't understand is how there is a (less circulated) sketch for the Lake Berryessa murder. That sketch looks a lot more like ALA, Kane and Gyke, but no one ever really uses it.

csmith
Old Newbie
csmith
Old Newbie

January 2nd, 2018, 8:25 pm #82

Correct, & faking or exaggerating a limp is certainly not beyond Z's schtick--anyone who would wear an elaborate costume to a commit murders to which he believed there would be no surviving witnesses, would obviously go to any & all lengths to conceal his crimes.  Also to that point, CLEARLY Z was obsessed with the theater.  & I mean really obsessed, too much into movies, plays, etc. etc. The only real consistency in all of the eyewitness statements is that he was "stocky", which holds somewhat more significance in 1969 than a contemporary description of "stocky" would, considering people were generally smaller at that time.

vtsquire

January 3rd, 2018, 3:04 am #83

BayArea60s wrote:
AndyG wrote: It's an airline pin from an airline company.  If he was working in '63 then he probably retired by late 80's.  His fingerprints would be in national database, but no DNA.  Good job for Z though, comes into town does his thing, leaves a letter, and is gone again. 
Capitol Airways, pilots hat pin, 3rd issue. 99% sure.

http://www.stanwing.com/Capitol%2003%20 ... Issue.html

bobcathunter

January 3rd, 2018, 3:20 am #84

Good eye! I was on that site too, but I didn’t notice it. I wonder what routes they flew?

bobcathunter

January 3rd, 2018, 3:25 am #85

Wiki says the airline merged with United in 1961 and United had a hub in SF.

vtsquire

January 3rd, 2018, 3:27 am #86

Wikipedia says: boston, brussels, chicago, frankfurt, los angeles, miami, newark, new york, puerta plata, san francisco, zurich, chartered flights for military, belgium san juan, paris, frankfurt... Looks like it was all over the place.

vtsquire

January 3rd, 2018, 3:28 am #87

bobcathunter wrote: Wiki says the airline merged with United in 1961 and United had a hub in SF.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_Air

Im not seeing that

bobcathunter

January 3rd, 2018, 3:58 am #88

I spelled it incorrectly....You are correct. Thanks

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_Airlines

partiallypro

January 3rd, 2018, 4:47 am #89

csmith wrote: Correct, & faking or exaggerating a limp is certainly not beyond Z's schtick--anyone who would wear an elaborate costume to a commit murders to which he believed there would be no surviving witnesses, would obviously go to any & all lengths to conceal his crimes.  Also to that point, CLEARLY Z was obsessed with the theater.  & I mean really obsessed, too much into movies, plays, etc. etc. The only real consistency in all of the eyewitness statements is that he was "stocky", which holds somewhat more significance in 1969 than a contemporary description of "stocky" would, considering people were generally smaller at that time.
I agree, in the 60s "stocky" might have just been 190lb-200lb male, today when I think stocky I think 250lb-275lb male (assuming 6' height.)

partiallypro

January 3rd, 2018, 4:51 am #90

vtsquire wrote:
bobcathunter wrote: Wiki says the airline merged with United in 1961 and United had a hub in SF.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_Air

Im not seeing that
Now I really hope this guy is Z, a connection to my state of Tennessee. Capitol Air HQ.