New Suspect Emerges -- General Discussion

Discussion of all Zodiac DNA news and certain other topics should be posted here

New Suspect Emerges -- General Discussion

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

December 24th, 2017, 8:14 pm #1

NOTE: I CAN'T REVEAL A LOT, BUT I WILL DO WHAT I CAN

This is Waterson. He was questioned by police following the abduction of a woman near the Sahara Tahoe in September 1964. The abductor accessed the victim's car at a drug store near where missing Donna Lass was last seen in September 1970, as detailed in "The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer." The victim escaped unharmed at a remote location miles away. I was contacted by the daughter of the victim following her viewing of the recent show. 

This pic of Waterson was taken in the early 1960s. He was an airline pilot ("This is the captain speaking").

Described as 5'11", 190 LBS, stocky build, military haircut.

He is still alive. 

This is a work in progress.

Uncle Sporkums
Old Newbie

December 24th, 2017, 8:37 pm #2

Interesting. He certainly does bear a resemblance to the sketch. Thanks for keeping us posted, Tom.

Ekas1
Old Newbie
Ekas1
Old Newbie

December 25th, 2017, 12:27 am #3

Zodiac suspect or Donna Loss case suspect?

Interested to know more about him. He does look a bit like the composite.

Altah
Altah

December 25th, 2017, 1:12 am #4

I may be wrong but this certainly looks promising. Waterson indeed looks like the guy in the Zodiac scetch. 

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

December 25th, 2017, 1:15 am #5

Here he is compared to the Zodiac composites, with Tahoe's glasses. Remember, the pic of Watson was from about six years prior to the Zodiac sketch:

Zaikgeist
Old Newbie
Zaikgeist
Old Newbie

December 25th, 2017, 2:11 am #6

Nice work Tom.

As much as I hate to admit it, Waterson looks a helluva more like the composite than Gaik.
Last edited by Zaikgeist on December 27th, 2017, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle Sporkums
Old Newbie

December 25th, 2017, 2:14 am #7

Yes, but we're just comparing his image, so far. 

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

December 25th, 2017, 2:19 am #8

Zaikgeist wrote: Nice work Tom.

As much as I hate to admit it, Watson looks a helluva more like the composite than Gaik.
I think Richard fits nicely. What I tell people is to always remember the sketch of Zodiac is not a picture from a camera; it's a drawing made by someone who didn't even see Zodiac. All you can trust to be accurate are the generalities -- white male in his 30s, clean shaven, dark glasses, military type haircut, not short, not tall, not fat, not skinny, maybe stocky build. The subject of the sketch could have been Watson, or Richard, or any of a number of others.

*And just because this drives me crazy, there is no reason to believe Zodiac had a widow's peak or a limp.

Uncle Sporkums
Old Newbie

December 25th, 2017, 2:48 am #9

SO true, Tom.

BowMntSpirit

December 25th, 2017, 3:17 pm #10

I'm not much into case, knowing most of the facts.. Watching and reading about suspects, nothing hits my instincts.. This guy whatsoever froze me for the first time .! He fits police sketch so well.. Can't wait for more info and pics. Still a live ? omg hard for even imagine Z can be alive and watching,laughing all these years..Oh nothing is impossible. After watching Dirty Harry last movie ( magnum ) scene, he decide to step back, who wouldn't :-) .. Too bad, few money diggers screwing lil all hard work, done by Tom and rest of the guys. Only diagnosed psychopaths can push the case from this dead point. As i know nobody try with that approach. Much better than Karmel :-) Only my 2c newbie opinion. 

Happy xmass and new year 
Greetings from Balkan Europe .!