I think I found something by accident..

antonlemaire
Old Newbie
antonlemaire
Old Newbie

February 6th, 2015, 9:34 pm #1

I’m not trying to create any dramatic buildup but I’m compelled to explain what I’ve found in this fashion, to best get my point across.
Last night I was bored at work and decided to check out on Google Earth all of the known and three of the suspected crime scenes, and plot them with the yellow thumbtacks like this:

It’s kind of haphazard and not down to the square foot or anything. Next I remembered the Phillips 66 map said:

So, I copied and shrunk this rough freehand sketch provided by Z in page 6 of the bus bomb letter from Aug.1969:

Then I set zero to 14 deg. East as it is in San Francisco:

Finally I overlaid it with Mt. Diablo as the point of origin, also like it is in the Philips 66 map. Here is what I saw:

Here it is zoomed in with arrows which I made to indicate Zodiac’s dots on the circle and roughly where the lines radiate from Mt. Diablo to the crime scenes :

It also roughly shows (because he drew it freehand) that all radian plots he made in this case indicate that potential victims along these lines were “doomed” because I believe Z was making a giant death wheel. The murder locations are symmetrical.

This also shows imprecisely to me that Donna Lass is somewhere between Incline Village and Truckee, “pass Lake Tahoe areas”.  I must speculate again and include that Kathleen Johns just needed to be taken 30 miles north on Rt.5 to Lakeview, another water referenced location north of Stockton, in order to be placed on the line, but that became a botched attempt when she escaped, obviously.  

Most of the X’s on the Zodiac symbol he drew as radians show accomplished murders, although some might be related to unsolved cold case murder locations, or crimes not attributed to Zodiac in error? -Yeah I know it’s a stretch but this entire investigation is to me so far.  The line passes between the Jensen/Faraday and Ferrin/Mageau locations but both murder scenes keep the line in place.

The dots plotted on this zodiac symbol from pg. 6 of the bus bomb letter, show where murders needed to be performed in order to create the Death Wheel, and maybe he made sure some plots were subtle dots in his sketch instead of X’s, so as not give too much away in the Aug. 1969 letter. I don’t know how these radian plots relate to any ciphers but hopefully this helps somehow.

My conclusion was that he was mapping out a giant comic book Death Wheel of crime scenes with Mt. Diablo at the center. The Philips 66 map makes it painfully obvious now.  “Redmask (skeleton on the Halloween card) meets Lady Doom (you’re doomed) And the Death Wheel”.  I believe this is the actual game of which the Zodiac refers to.  I think this deserves more scrutiny and more precise measurement, so please help me investigate this theory further and tell me what you think.

Nin
DOJ

February 7th, 2015, 1:57 am #2

Mike Cole came up with that theory years ago. It is possible, yes. The "wheel of death" is interesting.

http://www.mikecole.org/zodiac/two_theories/1.2/

Notice, magnetic North was  app.17 degrees East back then for the SF location.

-Nin

antonlemaire
Old Newbie
antonlemaire
Old Newbie

February 7th, 2015, 1:59 am #3

Even if it's not supposed to be a giant "death wheel" then the murder scenes certainly line up with the plotted areas on the sketch. Does anyone find this compelling?

antonlemaire
Old Newbie
antonlemaire
Old Newbie

February 7th, 2015, 2:18 am #4

Oh, thanks Nin. I also read Mike's theory which is similar, but his disclaimer about mag. north not actually being 17 deg. is fuzzy,

especially given the fact that the crime scenes make such a  distinguishable pattern, and Zodiac was giving a quickly scribbled down clue with that kind of variable it should be lightly considered a point of reference, not an exact precise comparison for proof of concept. I don't think it cancels out the possibility that I'm right about the death wheel, I guess my point is I could turn the zodiac sketch three more degrees and the same margin of error would remain due to the rough sketch I'm comparing it with. I think Mike was looking for patterns concerning the region of the state would determine what weapon would be used, but thanks to Tahoe27 and the comic he found we know the wheel determines how the person dies.     (o) (o)
                                                                                                        "
                                                                                                      ////

Last edited by antonlemaire on February 7th, 2015, 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pocker
Old Newbie
Pocker
Old Newbie

February 7th, 2015, 6:13 am #5

How about the Hell Hole Resevoir for a location for Donna Lass. man made lake in 1966 but dam building was proposed and passed? In 1958. If zodiac knew it was going to be flooded it would be a perfect spot to bury a body. The sierra club was also in a long time advocacy plea with it that finally passed in 1984 as stated in the wikipedia http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_Hole_Reservoir

Tahoe27
DOJ

February 7th, 2015, 7:02 am #6

Now, now Poker.aic (nice name by the way), Donna is buried at Sourdough Hill.  

Hey...I like people taking different approaches.  It's all in the way it's discussed that will earn positive reinforcement.

The only thing I have a question about in regards to the pointing to sites of victims is "why"?  What would be the point of telling us something we (they/LE) already knew?  I ask genuinely.

The "death wheel" and the possibility of it being involved in the "how" is an interesting consideration, but is it one he would have expected anyone to find out?

I still think the code played a big role...if it played any at all.
Last edited by Tahoe27 on February 7th, 2015, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

antonlemaire
Old Newbie
antonlemaire
Old Newbie

February 7th, 2015, 8:24 pm #7

I would like to know why Zodiac needs to play his game also. I think he didn't need to tell where the killings occurred, it was just a continuity part of the whole thing and it was mostly for him. The taunting was just fun on the side I bet.

Mike99
DOJ

February 8th, 2015, 12:27 am #8

Butterfield did something like this on a show in 1999. He moved LHR in order to make it "line up," LOL. Guess we should have learned something abut him even back then.

Mike

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

February 8th, 2015, 2:00 am #9

Bitterfield didn't like the fact that a reasonable radian angle was indeed formed when using Zodiac's Phillips 66 map and a felt-tip pen the kind Zodiac used. So, Bitterfield then "consulted other maps" until he could "debunk" the radian theory to his satisfaction.

:)

sacramento
Old Newbie
sacramento
Old Newbie

February 8th, 2015, 5:17 pm #10

Yes a very likely scenario. Notice the comic book references again. At what age does someone still engage themselves in Comic Books? My particular suspect lives on the line that crosses over
the East Bay and into Sonoma County. ( Ten O'clock ?) Try plotting the suspected Sacramento and Sonoma County crimes on this "Wheel of Death". How about the Mount Tamalpias murders?
Last edited by sacramento on February 9th, 2015, 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.