There is no Zodiac DNA profile -- and there never was

Discussion of all Zodiac DNA news and certain other topics should be posted here

There is no Zodiac DNA profile -- and there never was

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

January 22nd, 2018, 12:35 am #1

The partial DNA profile that was obtained back in 2002 by Dr. Cydne Holt for the ABC television show "Primetime Thursday" was collected from the outside of the stamp. No genetic material was obtained from behind the stamp, or the seal of the envelope, or anywhere else that would have most certainly belonged to the Zodiac.

What Holt found could have been left by the mailman who held the letter. Or any of a number of others.

Arthur Leigh Allen, Kjell Qvale and every other suspect "cleared" via a comparison to the Holt evidence sample is back in the running. And had "The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer" been successful in using said DNA to compare to Sullivan and Kane, it wouldn't have mattered had the result been negative.

My source is a retired SFPD inspector. His information was confirmed by Holt.

Uncle Sporkums
Old Newbie

January 22nd, 2018, 12:45 am #2

WOW, Thanks for letting us know, Tom! Major bombshell!

Super_Sleuth
Old Newbie
Super_Sleuth
Old Newbie

January 22nd, 2018, 1:00 am #3

TomVoigt wrote:The partial DNA profile that was obtained back in 2002 by Dr. Cydne Holt for the ABC television show "Primetime Thursday" was collected from the outside of the stamp. No genetic material was obtained from behind the stamp, or the seal of the envelope, or anywhere else that would have most certainly belonged to the Zodiac.

What Holt found could have been left by the mailman who held the letter. Or any of a number of others.

Arthur Leigh Allen, Kjell Qvale and every other suspect "cleared" via a comparison to the Holt evidence sample is back in the running. And had "The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer" been successful in using said DNA to compare to Sullivan and Kane, it wouldn't have mattered had the result been negative.

My source is a retired SFPD inspector. His information was confirmed by Holt.
If that's the case then Arthur Leigh Allen in my opinion is most definitely The Zodiac Killer!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Kid_Scorcher

January 22nd, 2018, 1:01 am #4

Aha!

Tahoe27
DOJ

January 22nd, 2018, 1:05 am #5

Are you saying what they mention on Primetime is false?  

Holt says more than once..."the stamp".    Have you talked to Dr. Holt?

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

davidmad
DOJ

January 22nd, 2018, 1:09 am #6

I'm sort of confused.  A few days ago I reread a transcript of the ABC show and Dr Holt never said (at least not on that show) that she had obtained DNA from beneath a stamp or from the envelope flap, i.e.; no saliva DNA was found. The "partial sample" she found was from "contact" with the stamp, which of course could have been the postman, the person who sold the stamps, and on and on. But she seemed to have obtained enough material to eliminate Allen, Kvale as having not touched the stamp.  Why are they back in the running?

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

January 22nd, 2018, 1:13 am #7

During the show Holt never said the DNA was from under the stamp, and that's the truth here.

Quinones does say it came from "the outside of the envelope."

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

January 22nd, 2018, 1:14 am #8

davidmad wrote: But she seemed to have obtained enough material to eliminate Allen, Kvale as having not touched the stamp.  Why are they back in the running?
What she said is those suspects don't match the genetic material found on the outside of the stamp, which is what she collected. Since there's no reason to believe the DNA was from the Zodiac, why would it rule out a suspect?

Zed
Zed

January 22nd, 2018, 1:16 am #9

Why is everything regarding DNA so "grey" on this case??

The DNA from the stamp was either from underneath the stamp (and if so, most probably the Zodiac's DNA) or from the outside of the stamp (which is worth absolutely zilch).

If they have ruled suspects out from "outside the stamp" DNA, then the whole case is a shambles.

If what Tom is saying is true, then we don't have any DNA from the Zodiac....which is the only way this case is going to be solved.

louy57
louy57

January 22nd, 2018, 1:18 am #10

Arthur Leigh Allen is back at number one suspect Tom ?