What does Zodiac's Halloween card symbol represent?
PAUL
SFPD

April 30th, 2010, 1:52 pm #71

If you want the card to reflect a date, you're limited to 1-31. Also,in my view, if the one finger is utilized to make a six, the other two fingers are left, making 26, or 3-14-26.
You're no fun... Just Kiddin'

miker
VPD

May 1st, 2010, 12:56 am #72

I can be lots of fun.

May 1st, 2010, 3:23 am #73

I've heard lotsa different ideas on this subject so perhaps it should be decided democratically? What did Zodiac intend to represent with this symbol on the 10/27/70 Halloween card and accompanying envelope?http://www.zodiackiller.com/HalloweenCa ... .htmlSorry, I'm sure I've missed some good ideas so feel free to improvise if your idea of the symbol is not represented in the poll.
I went to a small, private school in my younger years. There was a real peculiar guy in my class that did all types of strange things. Something I recall is that he wrote a cypher for the English alphabet and gave it to me. He said we could use it to encode messages so that no one could understand any notes we passed in class. It was real basic symbol replacement, but I thought it was unusual thing to do in the third/fourth grade. I still have it somewhere. I believe that Z was an introvert and created all types of strange symbols while alone. The mountain-like symbol could have some meaning to him from long before he ever considered killing anyone. It may have been a childhood favorite and he just included it in the card to add eccentricity. BTW, I've long been out of touch with my classmate, but recently heard a story from a reliable source and neighbor of his family. I'll withhold the details but will tell it wasn't a violent act. However it was real strange, indeed. I wonder if there is someone who has similar recollection of Z from their childhood; just who hasn't connected the dots yet.

May 1st, 2010, 4:15 pm #74

If you want the card to reflect a date, you're limited to 1-31. Also,in my view, if the one finger is utilized to make a six, the other two fingers are left, making 26, or 3-14-26.
This kind of demonstrates the problem with ascribing a probability factor here. It's all open to interpretation which numbers we want to include in an equation. Because of this, any resulting p-value would be essentially meaningless. If it was a little more specific, a discrete set of numbers, then we'd be talking.

ZeusManXero

August 8th, 2010, 10:25 am #75

Ok--here's my crack at it:1) The symbols are meteorological wind barbs, standing for 10 and 20 respectively. A) 10-20 is the police code for "location," which coincides with the symbol being used as a return address. His location on the card may be hidden in code on the card ... For example, "3154 14th Street" (3-1-5-4 eyes on the card plus '4-teen') Oh, and by the way, the Riverside Press's address at the time was 3152 14th Street, Riverside, Ca. B) The entire Halloween card is a big clue for solving the 340 Cipher. In this case, 10-20 refers to counting 10 rows to the right and twenty rows down the cipher to reach the letter "Z" in Zodaik.

August 9th, 2010, 11:50 pm #76

F L stand for FL. So Z was an alligator hunter!

August 10th, 2010, 2:03 am #77

Zeus....The wind barb symbol theory (which it could be), but in this case what Z sent if it does have to do with wind would actually stand for 10 & 15 knots. So in this case the left side would be 10 knots blowing from the SW and the filled dots = Completely Overcast. The right side of the symbol would be saying 15 knots, blowing from the SE, Completely overcast.Someone else can figure out what that would mean...I'm confused, but that is the accurate Wind symbol interpretation.Howard...F L = Fla...How about Fort Lauderdale, Fla? and the above was the prevailing winds that day in Fort Lauderdale. Now what that would mean? I haven't a clue....

August 10th, 2010, 2:20 am #78

The best explanation I've heard regarding the skeleton's hand symbol and the 4-Teen I think that actually came from Tom, that 3/14/36 is Gaik's Birth date. Some will say that can't be because you have to use the 3, twice. So? That's not allowed by Z? He has to follow some sort of accuracy rule? It's just the best description of that symbol I've ever read. It may not at all be what Z meant, I don't know that. But it makes more sense to me, than anything else I've ever read regarding the skeleton hand & 4-Teen. But to me that's one of the more compelling reasoning's that Gaik could have been Z.

Deryk
Old Newbie
Deryk
Old Newbie

August 17th, 2010, 5:23 am #79

I have a theory. I think it is music notes that have been rearranged into the strange symbol. I think that Z may have been a musician due to the Mikado clue. The Mikado starts with the question "if you want to know who we are"(reminds me of something Z would say) then Nanki Poo steps up and says the he's a wandering minstrel, a minstrel is a folk musician/poet who performs to his own accompanying music. Being a traveling musician could account for lack of activity for stretches of time when he's on the road etc...As well as the crossed circle symbol also notes the end of an arrangement. Just one theory I have, but here's a link to a pic of how I rearranged the symbol. If anybody has any other musician theories I'd love to hear them. PS, sorry if this has already been brought up, I'm still kind of new to the site and am still going through the old posts. There's a lot to read through!!http://s872.photobucket.com/albums/ab28 ... symbol.jpg

Deryk
Old Newbie
Deryk
Old Newbie

August 17th, 2010, 5:32 am #80

I actually just had another thought, if in fact it is music notes, they could be initials. I just don't know what notes they are.