February 16th, 2009, 10:29 am #21

This is begging for me to perform a good old fashioned science experiment. If the Giza pyramid complex were mocked up in scale, can a camera angle be found that perfectly mimicks the halloween card symbol as per the above suggestion or perhaps even better? If so, could this image be found in a book that Z is alleged to have read, such as a publication of the egyptian book of the dead? I'd call that signifigant if it were the case. Anybody got the details on the heights, widths and distances that would be pertinent here? My Google-Fu is weak this morning.

otrabrit
DOJ

February 16th, 2009, 2:34 pm #22

Sorry to hear your Googleability is impaired right now vtsquire!!In case you cannot get to Wikipedia these are some salient facts plus the Wiki link re The Great Pyramid. Hopefully you can make something of it. All I know is that it is BIG !It is thought that, at construction, the Great Pyramid was 280 Egyptian royal cubits tall, 146.6 meters, (480.97 feet) but with erosion and the loss of its pyramidion, its current height is 138.8 m (455 feet). Each base side was 440 royal cubits, with each royal cubit measuring 0.524 meters.The total mass of the pyramid is estimated at 5.9 million tonnes. The volume, including an internal hillock, is believed to be roughly 2,500,000 cubic meters. Based on these estimates building this in 20 years would involve installing approximately 800 tonnes of stone every day.The accuracy of the pyramid's workmanship is such that the four sides of the base have a mean error of only 58 millimeter in length, and 1 minute in angle from a perfect square. The base is horizontal and flat to within 15 mm. The sides of the square are closely aligned to the four cardinal compass points (within 3 minutes of arc based on true north not magnetic north). The completed design dimensions, as suggested by Petrie's survey and later studies, are estimated to have originally been 280 cubits in height by 4 × 440 cubits at its base. These proportions equate to 2π to an accuracy of better than 0.05% which some Egyptologists consider to have been the result of deliberate design proportion. Verner wrote, "We can conclude that although the ancient Egyptians could not precisely define the value of π, in practise they used it". Petrie, author of ‘The Pyramids and Temples of Gizeh', who was the first accurate surveyor of Giza and the excavator and surveyor of the Pyramid of Meidum, concluded: "but these relations of areas and of circular ratio are so systematic that we should grant that they were in the builders design" Earlier in the chapter he wrote more specifically, that: “We conclude therefore that the approximation of 7 to 22 as the ratio of diameter to circumference was recognised” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pyramid_of_Giza

February 16th, 2009, 3:11 pm #23

FWIW. I know some, maybe all, of this has already been discussed.
Who wrote this?
Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

February 16th, 2009, 7:47 pm #24

Dave Peterson.

February 16th, 2009, 8:11 pm #25

Dave Peterson.
Thanks W
Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

February 17th, 2009, 12:53 am #26

Here's another depiction of what I believe could have been the inspiration for the Halloween card symbol:

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

February 17th, 2009, 2:13 am #27

Tahoe27
DOJ

February 17th, 2009, 2:27 am #28

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

February 17th, 2009, 2:48 am #29

Seagull
DOJ

February 17th, 2009, 6:53 am #30

Looking at those pics made me think of Camel cigarettes. There is only one pyramid one the front of the pack though, unless the camel is covering one. Had trouble finding the back of the pack. I recall that you could fold the empty pack a certain way and come up with another picture. What kind of cigs did Gaik smoke?