TedK has corresponded with over 400 people since his arrest

March 4th, 2007, 3:48 pm #1

At least according to Wikipedia. Has anyone ever bothered to write him and ask him about Zodiac? The Wikipedia article even includes the address that was on one of his letters:Theodore John Kaczynski04475-046U.S. Penitentiary MaxP.O. Box 8500Florence, CO 81226-8500

Slug
DOJ

March 4th, 2007, 4:06 pm #2

At least according to Wikipedia. Has anyone ever bothered to write him and ask him about Zodiac? The Wikipedia article even includes the address that was on one of his letters:Theodore John Kaczynski04475-046U.S. Penitentiary MaxP.O. Box 8500Florence, CO 81226-8500
I've written to him and asked him if he'd be good enough to supply an alibi or alibis for any of the Zodiac events. I was even good enough to include return postage. He hasn't responded.

March 4th, 2007, 11:43 pm #3

I have read your letter to Kaczynski several times, Doug, and while my general consensus is that it was a very well-written document (particularly clever was the way you appealed to his desire not to be viewed as 'sick', but rationally motivated to commit his crimes) I feel that your description of his acts as 'terrible' (or something to that effect) ticked the guy off and spurred his refusal to answer. Perhaps you should have made an attempt to butter him up, feed his ego and play along with his self-aggrandizement instead - flattery is something that can often get you anywhere.

Slug
DOJ

March 5th, 2007, 1:30 am #4

I have read your letter to Kaczynski several times, Doug, and while my general consensus is that it was a very well-written document (particularly clever was the way you appealed to his desire not to be viewed as 'sick', but rationally motivated to commit his crimes) I feel that your description of his acts as 'terrible' (or something to that effect) ticked the guy off and spurred his refusal to answer. Perhaps you should have made an attempt to butter him up, feed his ego and play along with his self-aggrandizement instead - flattery is something that can often get you anywhere.
I think you're right, Nachtsider, but the guy is damned intelligent, and I don't think he's amenable to that kind of thing. There's a big segment on thesmokinggun.com showing letters of news agencies who have tried to get him to grant them interviews by buttering him up, but with Kaczynski, it's no dice. He knows what's in his interest and acts accordingly, for the most part.

March 12th, 2007, 6:31 am #5

Doug,theS.G. is listing some of the bomb materials TK is actually petitioning the Fed Gov to return to him,even if he is incarcerated currently in a Fed inst.Have you seen that stuff?I think the photo is TK,in "descise"?

Slug
DOJ

March 12th, 2007, 7:59 am #6

Doug,theS.G. is listing some of the bomb materials TK is actually petitioning the Fed Gov to return to him,even if he is incarcerated currently in a Fed inst.Have you seen that stuff?I think the photo is TK,in "descise"?
Yes, I have seen it, though there's nothing surprising in that batch of photos, with the possible exception of five or six bottles labeled "Saltpetre." Saltpetre is an explosives component, but I'm not sure Ted was using it for that.

March 12th, 2007, 8:13 am #7

Yes, I have seen it, though there's nothing surprising in that batch of photos, with the possible exception of five or six bottles labeled "Saltpetre." Saltpetre is an explosives component, but I'm not sure Ted was using it for that.
Is there a link?

Slug
DOJ

March 12th, 2007, 8:33 am #8

Actually, I was being facetious!

Dahlia
SFPD

March 12th, 2007, 9:36 pm #9

June 7th, 2007, 12:24 am #10

Are you talking about this S.G. link with 22 TK photos of FBI evidence? http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:nU ... cd=2&gl=us