TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

March 25th, 2008, 10:02 pm #41

The last author I dealt with who chose to bail rather than answer a few tough questions was recently portrayed on film by Jake Gyllenhaal.

March 26th, 2008, 8:54 am #42

You will never make me believe that if Ted's DNA did not match, someone would be reporting this loudly... "No match on two high profile killers."
Linda, believe it or not, when a farfetched theory that few people know about (or even believe), is debunked, it's not considered news.
Hi, Tom… I would most certainly agree with you on a far-fetched theory if it weren't for the fact that these two high-profile and elusive killers share remarkable parallels in their obsession with writing in a taunting, teasing and threatening style in order to gain notoriety upon committing crimes, knowledge and use of bombs, knowledge and use of weapons, knowledge and use of code, description and use of disguise, use of allusion, powerfully strong handwriting similarities (which include actual writing/printing, but as additionally important, content, phraseology, punctuation), and the fact the crimes were committed in and around the area of California in which the known suspect was, coincidentally, a Professor at the nearby University of California, Berkley campus, during key Z events. To take for gospel and dismiss the innumerable and extremely unique similarities of a suspect (who just happens to be a known killer and who was clearly known to be working and/or living in the surrounding area in proximity to the crimes) based on fingerprint evidence unproven to be that of the Z; an un-official statement that the suspect was “domiciled elsewhere” without having solid proof of the suspect’s exact and pinpointed whereabouts on any specific Z event; and to reject this same suspect as being a different type of killer with motives that were felt to be entirely different (poo-pooing the notion that a killer couldn’t possibly change or metamorphasize throughout different ages of his life) is very poor detective work by any law enforcement agency. When a suspect is found with this many unique similarities to a crime – any crime – it is imperative that there be no stone left unturned, that all the “i’s” are dotted and “t’s” crossed to eliminate and/or include that party as a suspect. That can’t possibly include fingerprints that have not been proven to be the perpetrators nor can it include an unofficial and cursory review of a suspect’s supposed residence at the time. You don’t just stop at these forks in the road – they are not dead ends - you pursue every angle until you find hard, scientific proof one way or the other – otherwise, that suspect should remain viable and clearly at arms length on the list of potential suspects.There has never been an official, written or documented report issued (at least that I know of) that Kaczynski has been formally and thoroughly investigated as a suspect in the Z crimes AND eliminated based on hard and scientific evidence of his whereabouts during any Z crime. And this includes the DNA. There is no official report that the DNA has been compared specifically to that of Kaczynski. To assume it has been because of any unofficial statement that there was no match to anyone in the DNA database, again, is – assuming. If it had been, there is no doubt in my mind that because of his status as the elusive Unabomber, this would not make news – one way or the other. There is not one other suspect who shares these unique similarities and/or parallels to the Z crimes as does Kaczynski. It is my opinion that this is a suspect that the authorities need to take seriously and investigate by using hard, scientific and proven facts – not ones that are un-official, off the record, or un-proven. Written, formal reports specifically identifying the DNA secured from the Z materials and specifically identifying the DNA of Kaczynski should be secured before assuming that there was no Kaczynski match because of an unofficial report that there was no match of anyone when running it through the database. It is my opinion that the Unabomber/Zodiac theory remains a high probability, has not been discredited and, to date, the theory has not been able to be disproven. (Again, just my opinion, but one that I think it not unreasonable)

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

March 26th, 2008, 8:06 pm #43

Hi, Tom… I would most certainly agree with you on a far-fetched theory if it weren't for the fact that these two high-profile and elusive killers share remarkable parallels in their obsession with writing in a taunting, teasing and threatening style in order to gain notoriety upon committing crimes, knowledge and use of bombs, knowledge and use of weapons, knowledge and use of code, description and use of disguise, use of allusion, powerfully strong handwriting similarities (which include actual writing/printing, but as additionally important, content, phraseology, punctuation), and the fact the crimes were committed in and around the area of California in which the known suspect was, coincidentally, a Professor at the nearby University of California, Berkley campus, during key Z events.
Linda, that's all well and good, but the fact is, outside of this message board, maybe three people even know or care about an alleged link between Zodiac and Unabomber. That simply doesn't make a non-DNA match newsworthy.Remember a few years ago when not only was the Zodiac case hot in the news media, but so was the BTK case, as well? And remember the speculation about how Zodiac and BTK might be the same guy? I sure do. Do you remember and news reports when the DNA didn't match? No? That's because there weren't any. Not in Wichita, and not in San Francisco. Not anywhere.Come to think of it, I have yet to see a confirmation that the Eureka card was indeed written by the Zodiac. Interesting how Doug doesn't always need confirmation. I guess it depends on what gets confirmed, eh?

March 26th, 2008, 8:27 pm #44

Come to think of it, I have yet to see a confirmation that the Eureka card was indeed written by the Zodiac. Interesting how Doug doesn't always need confirmation. I guess it depends on what gets confirmed, eh?
I've never known Doug to state that something of Zodiac was unequivocally that of the Unabomber and I don't think that he has done so with the Eureka card. The parallels to the 1990 card coming from Kaczynski (either as the Zodiac OR the Unabomber - which of course, if it is from Ted could very well be the case) are interesting, to say the least. On a side note relating to the Eureka card envelope/stamp and the envelope/stamp addressed to Ted's friend, wouldn't it be interesting to have forensic analysis for DNA done comparing these two items.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

March 26th, 2008, 8:32 pm #45

On a side note relating to the Eureka card envelope/stamp and the envelope/stamp addressed to Ted's friend, wouldn't it be interesting to have forensic analysis for DNA done comparing these two items.
It wouldn't be interesting to those of his who realize Ted's DNA has already been compared to the Zodiac's DNA, with a negative result.While we're at it, we may as well retest Arthur Leigh Allen, since a lot of people didn't like the initial result.

March 27th, 2008, 10:17 am #46

On a side note relating to the Eureka card envelope/stamp and the envelope/stamp addressed to Ted's friend, wouldn't it be interesting to have forensic analysis for DNA done comparing these two items.
It wouldn't be interesting to those of his who realize Ted's DNA has already been compared to the Zodiac's DNA, with a negative result.While we're at it, we may as well retest Arthur Leigh Allen, since a lot of people didn't like the initial result.
Aw...but what if it was the Unabomber who had sent the card? Just wanting to let the SF Chronicle know he hadn't forgotten them?

Tahoe27
DOJ

March 27th, 2008, 4:59 pm #47

I have to admit Linda, one of the people I am interested in has a tie to Eureka and possibly a good motivation for mailing the card. But, the only way for it to "work", in my eyes, is for the card to be "signed" or something. Although the card instantly jumps out as Zodiacish to those who are looking into this case, who might notice it was Z-ish in '90? If he really wanted attention (whoever he was), why not "sign" the card? I think probably 90% of the population would have looked at the card and the contents and said "what the hell is this?" and tossed it out. ..IMO
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

serya
VPD

March 27th, 2008, 7:27 pm #48

I totally agree Tahoe; that part never made much sense to me, way too cryptic it seems to me. I am surprised anyone held onto it.

March 27th, 2008, 9:15 pm #49

I have to admit Linda, one of the people I am interested in has a tie to Eureka and possibly a good motivation for mailing the card. But, the only way for it to "work", in my eyes, is for the card to be "signed" or something. Although the card instantly jumps out as Zodiacish to those who are looking into this case, who might notice it was Z-ish in '90? If he really wanted attention (whoever he was), why not "sign" the card? I think probably 90% of the population would have looked at the card and the contents and said "what the hell is this?" and tossed it out. ..IMO
I'm guessing he probably didn't want to sign the card - just send it as a little inside joke to himself with just enough of a hint that it "may" have been from the Zodiac.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

March 27th, 2008, 10:43 pm #50

Ted's DNA has already been compared to Zodiac's and with a negative result.I suppose it would be as interesting as comparing Allen's DNA to the Eureka card.