Robert Vaughn was on To Tell The Truth in 1973

stibby
stibby

April 5th, 2011, 10:02 pm #1

There is so much info out there I am hoping I am not reposting anything...Robert Vaughn (the silent-movie organist guy who was friends with Rick Marshall) was also on "To Tell The Truth" in 1973 according to an article in "Theatre Organ – Journal Of The American Theatre Organ Society (Vol 15, Issues 1-5)". You can view this on Google Books, skip to page 40, where it reads: "In San Francisco , silent movie organist Robert Vaughn (he plays accompaniments on the Avenue Theatre's 3/14 Wurlitzer) did a stint on ABC-TV's To Tell the Truth. He reminisced about the silent movie era, then cued a Monte Banks comedy on the Studio Hammond for the benefit of TV viewers, one of whom was veteran organist Esther Higgins who caught the show at her Collingswood, New Jersey home."Google Books also shows a snippet of a 1972 newsletter article that mentions Richard Marshall and Robert Vaughn together, identifying Richard as the historian and Robert as the organist collecting and restoring early silent films together in "Filmmakers Newsletter: Volume 6, Issues 6-12" - skip to page 68.Anyway, the thing that really made me post this was the recent posting of Edward Edwards segment on the same "To Tell The Truth TV" show...

Tracers
DOJ

April 5th, 2011, 10:25 pm #2

Wow. That is interesting!

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

April 6th, 2011, 4:17 am #3

Cool! Now we need to find the video.

Vindog
DOJ

April 6th, 2011, 1:24 pm #4

Nice job Stibby!

iago galdston
Old Newbie

April 6th, 2011, 1:49 pm #5

A star is born! Good job Stibby!

TBain81
Old Newbie
TBain81
Old Newbie

April 6th, 2011, 6:43 pm #6

Hey guys...I know a guy who has like the 7th largest collection of game shows in North America (Strange, I know.) I'll email him and see if he has this episode.I went to college with him. Here is his website:http://www.game-show-utopia.net/Checking his list now...don't know if it is updated...he has TO TELL THE TRUTH {113 episodes}He has several from 1973 listed. I just sent him a message on Facebook. If he doesn't have it, he might know someone who does. You don't happen to know the date Vaughn was on, by chance?