Tahoe27
DOJ

March 12th, 2018, 12:50 am #11

TomVoigt wrote: Lake Berryessa is a definite Zodiac crime. Not all evidence has been shared in the Zodiac cases, including items left at crime scenes as well as letters received.
Would definitely be interesting to see the evidence.  Seems like pages of the LB police report would have to be missing.   

Goes back to DNA, fingerprints, shoe prints, etc., until there is a match the "evidence" is questionable, imo.   Until I see stuff with my own eyes....  ;)  
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

March 12th, 2018, 12:53 am #12

That report is most definitely not complete. 

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

March 12th, 2018, 12:54 am #13

Neither is the VPD report, in fact I found a bunch of original pages of it back in September, just laying in a box.

March 12th, 2018, 3:23 am #14

Where you able to make any copies? Can you share what you read in those reports or are they confidential?

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

March 12th, 2018, 4:05 am #15

I took a pic of one of the handfuls:

EddieBarsh92
Old Newbie
EddieBarsh92
Old Newbie

March 12th, 2018, 4:19 am #16

Idk, I'm in the middle I don't really lean one way.. I just find it very odd that there's such a significant gap in the reported size of the attacker at LB and PH. A couple inch difference, no problem, everyone has different levels of perception of size etc.. 10-20 lb difference again no big deal.. But what the 3 teens at PH reporter vs what Hartnell reported is quite significant. Not saying I don't believe the same person did it, js that its odd the discrepancy in reported size of the attacker in the attacks.

EddieBarsh92
Old Newbie
EddieBarsh92
Old Newbie

March 12th, 2018, 4:22 am #17

But we're talking about 3,4,5 inches and a difference of up to 50 lbs.. That's a significant discrepancy in size that can't simply be brushed off .. However it is fair to note that the costume could have made someone look a bit larger so I'm open to the possibility that this may explain the discrepancy in size

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

March 12th, 2018, 4:27 am #18

EddieBarsh92 wrote: But we're talking about 3,4,5 inches and a difference of up to 50 lbs.. That's a significant discrepancy in size that can't simply be brushed off .. However it is fair to note that the costume could have made someone look a bit larger so I'm open to the possibility that this may explain the discrepancy in size
Hartnell supposedly admitted he was a horrible judge of height.

EddieBarsh92
Old Newbie
EddieBarsh92
Old Newbie

March 12th, 2018, 4:35 am #19

Tom has there ever been Zodiac DNA tests or fingerprint tests cross referenced with other Zodiac DNA taken from other attacks to confirm we have 1 killer? For example let's say we got a fingerprint from Paul Stine's cab and a fingerprint from LHR or BRS , have they been checked to make sure they're a match? Understand what I'm asking? If we could cross reference DNA from 2 or 3 different attacks we can basically rule out a 2nd attacker

Regal_Legal_Beagle
Old Newbie

March 12th, 2018, 4:37 am #20

Hartnell said it was hard for him to judge height because of how tall he is- everyone is shorter than him so he cant use his own height as a reference. However, Cecilia described the height of the assailant to one of the responding officers while waiting to be transported from the scene. He stood where the attacker stood, and she used the tree and other background reference points to say he was a little taller than the officer. The officer said he himself was 5'10 or 5'11" i believe, which if accurate would make Z ~6'. It's on the Zodiac movie special feature "This is the Zodiac Speaking."