Mike99
DOJ

May 5th, 2009, 11:57 pm #261

Hi-Sorry if someone has pointed this out before. There are too many threads and posts to look through. A friend of mine talked about this with me today. Zodiac basically took four items from the cab: the shirt, the eyeglasses, the keys and the wallet/ID. It is funny how someone coming forward to prove that someone was Z "just happens" to have the least specific of the four items to show off. If someone had the remainder of the shirt, the keys or the DL, it would be case closed, no? But to come forward with a pair of eyeglasses that don't even resemble the ones Stine had on represents the least specific and least convincing piece of evidence anyone can have. Same thing goes for showing everyone a hood and a "bloody knife" that apparently (based on the amount of time that has passed since last summer) do not have DNA from the LB vics on them.It is funny how all of these Zodiacs only leave the most questionable of all the possible pieces of evidence behind when they depart for the afterlife.Mike

May 6th, 2009, 3:01 am #262

Can we even confirm that he took the glasses?

Pufendorff

May 6th, 2009, 6:01 am #263

I agree with you Mike_r. I also find it odd and very revealing that people like Perez and Kaufman tease us with evidence that they supposedly have when they go public rather than just coming out with the straight goods. For instance, at the press conference, her spokesman suggested that they would be testing the prescription of the glasses that allegedly belonged to Stine to presumably see if they match his. Well, why on earth has this not already been done? I think some one else posted earlier that you could simply take the glasses to any shop in a mall and have the prescription determined for no trouble at all. I think if Perez was genuine she would have already done this and the prescription would be public already. Of course, they are reluctant to do this because they don't know whether or not there is some one out there who could then quickly disprove the authenticity of the glasses, and that would bring a premature halt to her 15 minutes of fame and any financial gain she might expect to see from all of this.

yuppielawyer
Old Newbie
yuppielawyer
Old Newbie

May 6th, 2009, 6:48 am #264

Seems to me that it would be more appropriate for her to have simply turned over whatever physical evidence she has to law enforcement instead of passing them around to all sorts of people, who will further contaminate it. Of course, she hasn't done that. The other thing that interests me re: the glasses is that she has stated that she thought for years that these glasses were her father's glasses, but now, she is asserting they were Stine's. What was it, exactly, that led her to change her opinion? Let me guess. Some combination of reading up on the story and her "therapy sessions" with her shrink to help her "remember" "events."

gardibolt
DOJ

May 6th, 2009, 3:51 pm #265

Can we even confirm that he took the glasses?
I have yet to see any confirmation on this myself.

davidmm
DOJ

May 6th, 2009, 4:15 pm #266

Zodiac basically took four items from the cab: the shirt, the eyeglasses, the keys and the wallet/ID. It is funny how someone coming forward to prove that someone was Z "just happens" to have the least specific of the four items to show off.
You're absolutely right, Mike. If the glasses were a trophy, then the driver's license should be with them.

Tahoe27
DOJ

May 6th, 2009, 4:21 pm #267

A bit more risky taking someone's ID. Someone could easily not look twice at keys or even a piece of old, bloody shirt. But if a family member (or anyone for that matter) came across an ID and searched the name "Paul Stine"....wow, the info they'd uncover!
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

Vindog
DOJ

May 6th, 2009, 4:42 pm #268

Zodiac basically took four items from the cab: the shirt, the eyeglasses, the keys and the wallet/ID. It is funny how someone coming forward to prove that someone was Z "just happens" to have the least specific of the four items to show off.
You're absolutely right, Mike. If the glasses were a trophy, then the driver's license should be with them.
Totally agree with Mike and David here.....where on earth is it? Seems to me she should be privvy to that as well. If not, maybe GH took one of the other kids to shoot off firecrackers that nite, leaving DP without her key father/daughter bonding time paraphernalia. What a bummer....Vin

davidmm
DOJ

May 6th, 2009, 4:42 pm #269

A bit more risky taking someone's ID. Someone could easily not look twice at keys or even a piece of old, bloody shirt. But if a family member (or anyone for that matter) came across an ID and searched the name "Paul Stine"....wow, the info they'd uncover!
But Zodiac DID take Paul Stine's ID, and Perez says her father took her along with him when he murdered people. Given those two "provens" in the equation, then it would be well-within-reason for Stine's glasses to be kept with the shirt and wallet. If Zodiac-Guy was willing to drag a precocious child along on a murder spree, then he couldn't have been too worried about someone finding a driver's license, IMO.The only logical conclusion is that one of the "truths" isn't reliable.

Vindog
DOJ

May 6th, 2009, 4:45 pm #270

But Zodiac DID take Paul Stine's ID, and Perez says her father took her along with him when he murdered people. Given those two "provens" in the equation, then it would be well-within-reason for Stine's glasses to be kept with the shirt and wallet. If Zodiac-Guy was willing to drag a precocious child along on a murder spree, then he couldn't have been too worried about someone finding a driver's license, IMO.The only logical conclusion is that one of the "truths" isn't reliable.
David: I'M SHOCKED you think she isn't being totally forthcoming with the truth!!! ;)