May 17th, 2018, 2:53 am #391

Well, this thread went under in 2016, so I just thought I'd bring it back to life, in light of the recent "Jake Herman" thread here on ZK.com

The Thread Is Located Here

jake-herman-t8069.html

Thanks for reading both threads!

Wood
If Gyke Isn't Zodiac - I'll Eat My Hat

Uncle Sporkums
Old Newbie

May 17th, 2018, 3:11 am #392

TomVoigt wrote: Apparently an Oscar Wilde reference --"Dear Doug, Sorry, errant fingers. It will not happen again. Cheap beer really does it for me. Oscar Wilder, p.s. Sidebar- I think "Dougie" is kind of-gulp!-
sexy!"
http://www.zodiackiller.com/mba/ps/228.html
Oscar Wilde quote from the May 15, 1955 issue of The Exponent, with Gyke on staff.
Gaikowski Exponent 5-15- 1955 Oscar Wilde Quote-page-0.jpg

drew
DOJ

May 29th, 2018, 9:49 pm #393

Recently, I came across this old forum posting by Oscar and showed it to another forumer. He noticed the same thing I did, and I wanted to see if anyone else has similar ideas or opinions.

Oscar wrote...

Tobi9, 

Thanks for the nod. I believe that Ed basically answered your question (thanks,Ed!). One could argue that any serial killer is a coward, but Z- or any "blitz"-type killer- is even more so. The victims are never given a chance, the killer keeps his distance (relatively speaking), and the method of killing usually involves a firearm. Also, notice that the only evidence that Z was able to get 'up close and personal'was at Berryessa, and when he shot Stine. I have doubts that Berryessa was a Z crime, and the killing of Stine, while committed in a populated area, was cowardly in that Z was not facing his victim.

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie

June 10th, 2018, 1:49 pm #394

drew wrote: Oscar also talked about several Zodiac-related coincidences that he personally experienced, although I have my doubts about several of them.

Oscar wrote...
A bar named, I kid you not, "The Zodiac Club" ("The Best in Nightly Entertainment"), opened up down the street from me a couple of years ago. The club closed after, once again, I kid you not, a shooting took place on the dance floor. Man!When this club opened up, I was just getting into the case and, when I saw the sign, with the grimly ironic promise of "nightly entertainment", I went screaming down the street like Aunt Jemima without hotcakes!!
I googled around, and the only incident I could find similar to his description (around same time) took place in Wichita, Kansas in 1997. Oscar claimed to have lived in Canada and possibly later in the United States( I think on the West Coast). He never mentioned anything about living in Kansas.
Thanks for all the effort you put out to list all of Oscar's stuff. I don't get the feeling he was Zodiac but I do get the feeling that he,  himself, was gay.

jonesbird

June 10th, 2018, 7:07 pm #395

I re-read this entire thread last night after the recent posts in it. I also belive Oscar was Gyke. Wtf was Vindog even talking about....he never gave any proof. I think the other Oscar that started posting years later was a troll: someone like Vindog (has this been theorized?) or maybe even someone trying to cover for Gyke (but probably not). To quote Gyke this is probably "water under the bridge" but wasn't it interesting how Pam posted about how she thought one of the killings was for the purpose of a snuff film, then Oscar replies with basically an anecdotal what were you smoking/lol I find this very so absurd that it's funny..then Pam replies with something along the lines of well yeah because we went to this one suspect's house and he was a total creep and it was clear he had a video production company. I mean Oscar never replied to her in that other thread after that (the one linked to in this thread referred to as Oscar and Pam's "exchange"). Was she talking about Gyke? That is very coincidental and interesting that she happens to bring that up to who I think was perhaps the same/ver suspect she was talking about....presumably unbeknownst to her.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

mrey88
Old Newbie
mrey88
Old Newbie

June 10th, 2018, 7:25 pm #396

drew wrote: Recently, I came across this old forum posting by Oscar and showed it to another forumer. He noticed the same thing I did, and I wanted to see if anyone else has similar ideas or opinions.

Oscar wrote...

Tobi9, 

Thanks for the nod. I believe that Ed basically answered your question (thanks,Ed!). One could argue that any serial killer is a coward, but Z- or any "blitz"-type killer- is even more so. The victims are never given a chance, the killer keeps his distance (relatively speaking), and the method of killing usually involves a firearm. Also, notice that the only evidence that Z was able to get 'up close and personal'was at Berryessa, and when he shot Stine. I have doubts that Berryessa was a Z crime, and the killing of Stine, while committed in a populated area, was cowardly in that Z was not facing his victim.
So what about this post did you guys notice, Drew? The only thing that strikes me is the assumption that "Z was not facing his victim." But I guess we may be able to safely assume that by the placement of the bullet wound.

drew
DOJ

June 11th, 2018, 2:30 am #397

"Z was not facing his victim." Yes, that's the same thing that caught our attention. There's been speculation that Z was actually riding in the passenger seat when he killed Stine.  Oscar also wrote that Zodiac left his prints on the dashboard, but what about those gloves left in the cab? In any event, Oscar seems very confident in his observations.

Jonesbird, I noticed too that Oscar never asked about Gaikowoski as a suspect, even though his name was actually brought up. I remember a guy on the "Unsolved Mysteries" forum said Oscar once PMed him and asked if he knew about a new suspect Tom V. was developing.

"New Oscar" was definitely, Vindog, in my opinion. They both liked to use the word "amigo" in their communications. Easy giveaway.

jonesbird

June 11th, 2018, 3:53 pm #398

Drew, in this thread he wasn't brought up by name though, correct? Do you literally mean by name, and if so was that in a different thread?

jonesbird

June 11th, 2018, 4:39 pm #399

Or do you only mean for the fake Oscar?

drew
DOJ

June 11th, 2018, 6:31 pm #400

In a thread from January, 2001, Pam wrote...

I believe Darlene is the key to this whole entire killings and I believe it goes back as far as when she went to work for the telephone company in SF. Where by the way Richard Gaikowski worked also, also he worked at Allied Cab company. Jim Phillips managed the boarding house she lived in. Kane lived down the street from her. I almost want to say: I THINK THERE WAS THREE PEOPLE INVOLVED!

http://www.zodiackiller.com/mba/ozs/158.html