TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

May 15th, 2009, 2:18 am #11

Sorry, no can do; the threads were deleted. Cat, I made you the offer of posting whatever you think is relevant, as anyone else can as well. The threads I deleted were in danger of violating my TOS with forumer, and that can't happen. You can be angry with me, or at those playing games with their user accounts.

MBurt76
DOJ

May 15th, 2009, 6:56 am #12

Cat--I am sure that Tom did not consider your postis to be trolling, but there were a number of posts in the threads that were a problem and not merely because they took a position. In addition to the possible terms of service problems Tom mentoned, there were some blatant and repeated posts which stated as fact things that wee not true and chad the potential to cause lasting confusion and misunderstandings. Some were plain and simple troll posts - I've had this happen too in the past when trolls have wrecked a thread and I can only say that if you notice me posting with an absolute disdain or trolls and even peole who willfully continue to post erroeous information now you know why. Trolls cause many problems in serious thread subjects and sometimes they even cause the loss of a lot of effort and helpful information. I hate trolls. Sorry t have lost some of your posts. MB

Tahoe27
DOJ

May 15th, 2009, 3:32 pm #13

Maybe only delete the trolls posts....???
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

MBurt76
DOJ

May 15th, 2009, 3:40 pm #14

Can't speak for why the whole thread went, I've never deleted posts or threads, but sometimes the thread is left nonsensical with a number of posts removed? I don't know that side, I just know how frustrating the trolling was with the Ted K stuff and beyond...good suggestion, though, at least to me Tahoe

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

May 15th, 2009, 4:03 pm #15

I just don't have time to sort through posts, especially as busy as things have been the last month.Maybe I can create a garbage can to move such things into rather than deleting.

Tahoe27
DOJ

May 15th, 2009, 4:10 pm #16

That is a good idea. Although, with my suggestion, it might leave others thinking "what the heck are they talking about--or who are they replying to"??
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

pack
DOJ

May 16th, 2009, 2:29 am #17

since i am not really a computer guy this may seem like a dumb question but the terms of sevice what would be violated? if i have missed something please explain. thank you.