artyz
artyz

March 30th, 2018, 2:03 pm #21

Mike99 wrote:Hi,

What reference sample are you talking about?  Do you think they kept samples from KQ in 2002?  ABC probably had to destroy anything they took from him after the show by contractual agreement.  I'd be very surprised if the nuclear DNA results from KQ survived past October 18, 2002.  And who knows if they did mt-DNA testing on him...

Mike 
Exactly, you don’t know. So why not follow up on such a rich possibility? This is a certain scientific route to testing your Qvale hypothesis. Everything else is just subjective at the end of the day. Labs typically retain the isolated DNA in freezer. The isolated DNA will contain both nuclear and mtDNA. If they kept it, the probability of obtaining a mtDNA profile is 100% (easy sample). If not, then any reference sample from any maternal relative of Qvale will have the same mtDNA type as him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike99
DOJ

March 31st, 2018, 3:33 am #22

Hi,

Arty, how do you suggest I "follow up" with a department that won't tell anyone anything about this "ongoing" investigation? Have you ever seen the SFPD police reports online?  Right.  They don't exist online.  Nobody has ever seen them.  Maybe you should try asking if they tested KQ for mt-DNA just to see how difficult it is to deal with them.  While you're talking to them, try to get the police report Pelissetti wrote when he encountered KQ that night.  Good luck!  I've wanted to see that for years.  It's easy to throw around ideas like this but much harder to get them done in the real world.

Mike

Mike

artyz
artyz

March 31st, 2018, 2:29 pm #23

Yes, Mike I can see the frustration. Well, a start to breaking ice would be to follow up on articles like this one http://www.sfweekly.com/news/yesterdays ... never-was/
...a great ending to this article would have been to highlight the fact that one single mtDNA test on available evidence (brain autopsy specimen from ALA at SFPD) can determine scientifically if he is in or out (assuming RPD/FBI can simply share their existing mtDNA profile from the hair). I would think with the clout that you have as an author (or Tom V, etc) that you could make some noise with the author of that article and/or with the History Channel people (??). 

poncho2550

April 14th, 2018, 7:50 am #24

Bolt wrote: Mike's book is tremendous. It's worth it for the serial killer profiling section alone.

Whether you agree with his Kjell Qvale person-of-interest or not, this is one of the most comprehensively researched true crime books you will run across. 

And even for the doubters - he makes a provocative case for Qvale.

A few examples would be:

- Qvale's threatening letter to the Chronicle.

- Qvale reportedly writing on monarch paper

- the old Norse SLA reference in the Zodiac letter

- odd Qvale-related behavior from Officer Pelissetti 

- Qvale reportedly stating he was in England the night of the Stine murder

And the book is entertainingly and logical written.
Seems like you're giving it away(conclusion). Unless you're using a fake name which is cool so then whoever reads it will still have curiosity about it.

Mike99
DOJ

April 14th, 2018, 1:27 pm #25

Hi,

Well, I think that anyone who has followed my research since 1999 knows who I am naming in my book.  That is no great mystery.  The question is what the totality of the evidence is against him, what Mr. Walter's profile says about Z and WHY I believe KQ was Zodiac.  The ending was given away but how I arrived at the ending is what the book details.
The list above just scratches the surface of my book, which details many things like Mr. Walter's prfile, the DNA, clues in the Zodiac letters, a brand new interpretation of the LHR crime scene, the discussion of a "second radian angle," etc.  There is a lot more to learn when you read the book.

Mike

Bolt
SFPD

April 14th, 2018, 5:10 pm #26

Sorry if I 'gave it away' - I wasn't even thinking about that!

The fact is, I knew who the Person Of Interest was before I began reading the book - and that didn't matter, it's one of the best true crime books I've read.

nordwind
DOJ

April 14th, 2018, 8:10 pm #27

Hopefully it'll come out in a hardcopy version....
Once you've heard the truth everything else is just cheap whiskey.....R Lee Ermey

Mike99
DOJ

April 15th, 2018, 12:04 pm #28

Hi Bolt,

Thanks for saying that The Hunt for Zodiac was one of the best true-crime books you have ever read.  I greatly appreciate that!  Hopefully, publishers will begin to realize that soon, as well. Then we may get print version that people are clamoring for. 

It was a lot of work pulling the entire story together, let me tell you!  

Mike