May 25th, 2013, 6:00 am #41

"they found evidence he wasn't the Zodiac"

Without that evidence disclosed there is no basis for evaluating whether Marshall should or should not still be considered a good suspect. Furthermore, there is no official statement by law enforcement verifying the informal claim by one retired cop allegedly given to an individual to even validate that Marshall was in fact excluded.

I'm also curious what were the specifics cited by the nurse that gave Tom the tip claiming that Marshall had done or said somethings that made her suspect him as the Zodiac. Surely, this subject must have been one of the main things to be discussed with her on the call or a follow-up. So what were the things that made her suspect Marshall?

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

May 25th, 2013, 6:17 pm #42

Advice to HardRockDataMiner:

If you don't believe what has been posted regarding this matter, or you want more detail, nothing is stopping you from finding out on your own. It's called research.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

May 25th, 2013, 6:18 pm #43

But yeah, I'd love to see the Napa police hold a press conference to confirm they told someone info about Rick Marshall.

Happens all the time.

mark r
mark r

June 16th, 2014, 12:43 pm #44

A video with Rick speaking, unsure about the date.
He starts at about 1:15m

BugsMoran
DOJ

March 10th, 2015, 1:32 pm #45

The word of Mr. Narlow and Mr. Voigt are good enough for me. However, it wouldn't really surprise me if interest in Rick Marshall as the Zodiac continues to resurface. The handwriting business seems to be on-going. In the movie Vaughn takes credit for the printing of the posters, or was that just a twist by Graysmith and the screenplay writers to steer interest away from him? The most consistent description of the Zodiac is that he was 5'8 to 5'10 (Michael called him 'short) and around 200 pounds. I believe Rick was 5'7 and 200 making him closer to the Zodiac in body size than Gaik, Kane or ALA. Other than that there doesn't seem to be much else that recommends him.

I think years ago Tom jokingly posed the question on one of the threads if Rick and Gaik were the two members of team Zodiac? I took it as a fun tease and satire. The obvious answer was 'no.'

nonsmokinggun
Old Newbie

May 27th, 2015, 12:19 am #46

The interview on that video certainly makes him seem innocent, but I am not that naive to take someone at face value like that.

I would love to know exactly what has finally cleared him.

Dixiechicken

September 7th, 2018, 8:15 pm #47

He was an awful suspect.  The letter fingering him reads like something you get via email from a Nigerian prince.  Hokey as can be.