TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

May 23rd, 2010, 4:32 am #31

Ok, nobody has been cleared.PS:He was cleared. Or is Narlow a liar? Or am I a liar?Because it has to be one of the above, seeing as how Narlow told me he was cleared and I then told you.

May 23rd, 2010, 4:48 am #32

Let me rephrase that: Marshall WAS cleared but until I hear on what basis, I'm not sure he SHOULD have been cleared. I felt the same way with Patsy Ramesy.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

May 23rd, 2010, 5:18 am #33

Let me rephrase that: Marshall WAS cleared but until I hear on what basis, I'm not sure he SHOULD have been cleared. I felt the same way with Patsy Ramesy.
So Patsy is a killer? That's news to me.How SHOULD Marshall have been cleared?

May 23rd, 2010, 5:27 am #34

I don't think Patsy intentionally killed her daughter, accidentally hit her too hard or something like that. A lot of people suspect it was something along those lines. I'm just curious as to what cleared Marshall. I would feel better if an explanation was given, such as DNA for example.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

May 23rd, 2010, 5:32 am #35

Well, I don't have the details. My source is very ill and I haven't heard from him in a while.Besides, some don't even think the DNA is from the Zodiac, or enough to use to rule out someone.They found no evidence he was the Zodiac, and they found evidence he wasn't the Zodiac.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

May 23rd, 2010, 6:53 am #36

I don't think Patsy intentionally killed her daughter, accidentally hit her too hard or something like that. A lot of people suspect it was something along those lines.
My problem with your argument is that Patsy has not been proven to have killed anyone. You'd be better served by going with an example of a killer who was once ruled out, instead of a hunch that Patsy killed her daughter. Also, just because the D.A. didn't file charges does not mean Patsy has been officially cleared forevermore. Ditto with Marshall. In either case, if compelling new info is developed that indicates they were involved, they will be looked at again.There is no statute of limitations on murder, and there is no statute of limitations on being a suspect. Nobody is truly ruled out until the guilty party is convicted and was found to have had no accomplices.

mode101
SFPD

May 25th, 2010, 12:58 pm #37

Great work tom. You never cease to amaze me.

JonnyK
DOJ

May 25th, 2010, 2:55 pm #38

With the Zodiac case, I'm guessing it depends on whether you believe they actually have Z's DNA. If not, then guys like Allen and Marshall are right back in the mix if DNA testing was used to clear them.I also wouldn't rule anyone out for having a solid alibi for just one of the crimes either. I think that Z picked up cases from the media and claimed responsibility for murders he didn't commit.I'm personally not even 100% sure that Z was responsible for LHR, so if it turns out that someone like Gaik for example was in Europe on Dec 20th then LE would possibly clear him of being Z. However, I think there could be a chance that Z copied the LHR incident at BRS and claimed responsibility for both. He was pretty sneaky if that was the case as LE would be looking for someone that had no alibi for both LHR and BRS.Sadly the case ends up being shrouded in so much confusion and misdirection that we can either rule everyone in or everyone out.

mode101
SFPD

May 25th, 2010, 3:07 pm #39

I think this is a case that just may not ever be solved because there is so much confusing evidence or unusual suspects or time line etc. Sometimes this case really frustrates me to the point I just throw up my hands and give up. Since rick has been ruled out the list of main suspects is getting smaller.

ratman
DOJ

May 28th, 2010, 8:44 pm #40

LE obviously has more than they're letting on and wheather it's DNA, fingerprints, palmprints, etc. if they've decided to clear a suspect they probably have a very good reason.