Seagull
DOJ

March 4th, 2009, 6:20 am #11

It seems grmi or imrg, if you like, prefered the "sacred mushroom" "amanita muscaria" to the more common dung growing Panaeolus cyanescens.Also known as Copelandia cyanescens or it's common name: "Blue Meanies"
Ah, but the Blue Meanies don't grow under the pine, they grow in horse dung. My Audubon mushroom book says of the amanita muscaria, "This mushroom is called the Fly Agaric because it has been used, mixed in milk, to stupify houseflies. The Fly Agaric of North America cause delirium, raving and profuse sweating. Unlike its Siberian relative, this induces no visions."Maybe the 'shroom was the cause of Gaik's breakdown and stay at Napa State Hospital.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

March 4th, 2009, 6:23 am #12

Seagull, I think it was more serious than just a bad trip. Heavy drugs were not new to Gyke. It definitely wasn't his first rodeo!

Still Q
DOJ

March 4th, 2009, 6:38 am #13

It seems grmi or imrg, if you like, prefered the "sacred mushroom" "amanita muscaria" to the more common dung growing Panaeolus cyanescens.Also known as Copelandia cyanescens or it's common name: "Blue Meanies"
Ah, but the Blue Meanies don't grow under the pine, they grow in horse dung.
As noted in my post, although I don't believe it's limited to 'horse' dung.The "sacred" mushroom grows under a pine... pine splinters under the slaves nailsThe "blue meanies" aka Alameda Sheriffs grows in dung.Just a thought.***

Still Q
DOJ

March 4th, 2009, 6:44 am #14

Seagull, I think it was more serious than just a bad trip. Heavy drugs were not new to Gyke. It definitely wasn't his first rodeo!
True, reactions to LSD & Mushrooms can very greatly depending on a number of factors, including potency/batch, mixing with other substances, the persons surroundings and general overall state of mind going into the 'trip', so to speak... et cetera.Sometimes the clowns can't help even the best of riders if they get caught in the stirrups.***

March 4th, 2009, 6:56 am #15

I don't know about you guys, but the thought that mushrooms could have spelled Zodiac's downfall just cracks me up.

Bruce Monson
Old Newbie
Bruce Monson
Old Newbie

April 9th, 2009, 10:53 pm #16

grmi?----I m R. G. ?The story appears to be a statement of solidarity with the Viet Cong or the NLF during the Christmas bombing season of 1970. (Viet Cong flag).
NLF? National Front for the Liberation...Hmmm, this is probably a stretch, but the unknown symbol on the Halloween card has always appeared to me to be the capital letters 'L' and 'F' put together at angles. Now, directly to the right of this symbol Zodiac placed a "Z" followed by the Zodiac crossed-circle symbol. While I can't see an "N" in the LF symbol, it's interesting to note that a sideways capital 'Z' does in fact make a capital 'N'.http://zodiackiller.com/HalloweenCard.htmlIt might be interesting to know what Paul Avery was writing about Vietnam, etc., at that time.ADDENDUM: Incidentally, also regarding that Halloween card symbol; I thought it might be initials "LVF" which does have some history of its own during WWII in France with a certain "Legion of Volunteers" in France.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_des ... ncaisBruce Monson

Seagull
DOJ

April 10th, 2009, 4:41 am #17

There are a few references to the NLF (National Liberation Front) in this issue of Good Times as the 10th anniversary of its founding was coming up. There were celebrations in Berkeley and SF. The date of its founding was December 20 1960.http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstate ... -1945.html

greygost
DOJ

April 10th, 2009, 6:18 am #18

Not sure how we got from the Magic Pine to the NLF to the Legion, but I can't help thinking of Bernard Fall's "The Street Without Joy". It was the story of the old Route One that ran north-south thru Vietnam many years ago.I was at a base in Phan Rang, Nhin Thuan Province. Only one of two French Military cemeteries in the whole of the now one country was just outside us. The other is way up North near Dien Bien Phu. I couldn't get to it, of course, because that was enemy territory.Both cemeteries are full of paratroopers. French Foreign Legionnaires.

EddieBarsh92
Old Newbie
EddieBarsh92
Old Newbie

August 5th, 2018, 3:01 am #19

Interesting that the writer, more than likely Gaik, refers to the December 21st solstice. One day after the 2 year anniversary of Zodiacs first confirmed attacks. Both Zodiac and Gike seemed to have a love for astrology.