HebrewWolfman
HebrewWolfman

April 9th, 2018, 2:44 pm #11

@TomVoigt - I also think he clued us about his name being "tim" (obviously short form of "timothy") with the other side of the Halloween Card: the skeleton's head there was colored-over by the author/zodiac killer with red marker as in "Red Mask" - Tim Holt's alias in the comics.

 
Last edited by Guest on June 8th, 2018, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Share

fxbby74
fxbby74

April 9th, 2018, 9:16 pm #12

Or he colored in the two eyes because their are 2 letters to his name in the last skeleton .

Their is an inverted N in the 3rd column , start looking for the inverted Ns   - Secret Pal will show you a name .
Quote
Share

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie
Joined: February 25th, 2014, 11:43 pm

April 11th, 2018, 1:25 pm #13

HebrewWolfman wrote: I've decided to share this, despite dropping out of my intense interest in the case a few months ago, maybe someone who's actually working on this case will see it and it will open his/her eyes to things we missed over the years: the zodiac's Halloween card to Paul Avery specifically mentions that he'll "clue him" about his name and the only text there is in the card is the "by gun, by fire, by rope, by knife" text from the wheel of death that had appeared in the Tim Holt 1940s comics, if that's not a dead give away look at how the only word he keeps intentionally spell incorrectly is "victim" to "victom" all over his letters (he clearly took inspiration from "jack the ripper"). I hope it'll help solve the "my name is (cipher)".

Remember: this is not a Dracula-esque figure with fangs, just some fat and short guy who probably was the class' outclass, Bernice Kohn's cipher books fan, outdated plays, typography and a full-time loser all his years till he (whatever age he was) decided to storm on innocent unarmed civilians, kill them and brag about it to feel better with his sorry ass back at his parents' house with his comic books and 1940s playboy issues he bought at the convenient store. his issues with the San Francisco Police Department even IF (and it's a big "if") he attacked people elsewhere, seems to be a result of a past(/juvenile?) criminal record of some sort or a false arrest that made him obsessed with proving himself to be smarter than them. If so, he is in their records somewhere. Just need to find a person who fits his description.
If you have something to offer here please make it clear.
Quote
Like
Share

RWB
Newbie
RWB
Newbie
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 2:49 am

April 11th, 2018, 5:32 pm #14

I've often thought that the various misspellings and juvenile diction in Z's letters were the result of poor education (assuming, just for the moment, that Z was not clever enough with language to create an alternate persona in his writing) and also the result of some psychological dysfunction (although his messages did seem clearheaded if malignant).  ALA may have been socially awkward, but his letters are extremely well crafted, articulate, and obviously the result of someone with fluency of language----things Z was not.

The theory in this thread is intriguing, but Z would have had to work pretty hard to find materials that corresponded to his hints and clues, if they are indeed there.

I think the link between the comics and the card are too strong to be simply coincidental, however.  I rather imagine that the fetishization and presentation of murder, and the images of cruelty, really appealed to Z's psychotic mind.
Quote
Like
Share

HebrewWolfman
HebrewWolfman

April 11th, 2018, 6:03 pm #15

v wrote:
HebrewWolfman wrote: I've decided to share this, despite dropping out of my intense interest in the case a few months ago, maybe someone who's actually working on this case will see it and it will open his/her eyes to things we missed over the years: the zodiac's Halloween card to Paul Avery specifically mentions that he'll "clue him" about his name and the only text there is in the card is the "by gun, by fire, by rope, by knife" text from the wheel of death that had appeared in the Tim Holt 1940s comics, if that's not a dead give away look at how the only word he keeps intentionally spell incorrectly is "victim" to "victom" all over his letters (he clearly took inspiration from "jack the ripper"). I hope it'll help solve the "my name is (cipher)".

Remember: this is not a Dracula-esque figure with fangs, just some fat and short guy who probably was the class' outclass, Bernice Kohn's cipher books fan, outdated plays, typography and a full-time loser all his years till he (whatever age he was) decided to storm on innocent unarmed civilians, kill them and brag about it to feel better with his sorry ass back at his parents' house with his comic books and 1940s playboy issues he bought at the convenient store. his issues with the San Francisco Police Department even IF (and it's a big "if") he attacked people elsewhere, seems to be a result of a past(/juvenile?) criminal record of some sort or a false arrest that made him obsessed with proving himself to be smarter than them. If so, he is in their records somewhere. Just need to find a person who fits his description.
If you have something to offer here please make it clear.
I have and I have made it clear. the zodiac's name - either first (more likely IMHO) or surname - was "tim" or "timothy".

Now let's look at all the San Francisco Bay Area people with this name who may had been arrested by the SFPD in the past (before the Lake Herman Road murders to give this guy a grudge against the cops) AND/OR had any connection to the US Army where they could had obtain a pair of Wing Walkers.
Last edited by Guest on April 11th, 2018, 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quote
Share

HebrewWolfman
HebrewWolfman

April 11th, 2018, 6:14 pm #16

RWB wrote: I've often thought that the various misspellings and juvenile diction in Z's letters were the result of poor education (assuming, just for the moment, that Z was not clever enough with language to create an alternate persona in his writing) and also the result of some psychological dysfunction (although his messages did seem clearheaded if malignant).  ALA may have been socially awkward, but his letters are extremely well crafted, articulate, and obviously the result of someone with fluency of language----things Z was not.

The theory in this thread is intriguing, but Z would have had to work pretty hard to find materials that corresponded to his hints and clues, if they are indeed there.

I think the link between the comics and the card are too strong to be simply coincidental, however.  I rather imagine that the fetishization and presentation of murder, and the images of cruelty, really appealed to Z's psychotic mind.
I believe that his spelling in real life wasn't poor as he enjoyed deliberately doing in his letters, cause he enjoyed playing the "jack the ripper" part. The fact this issue (#30) of Tim Holt was released on June-July of 1952 means that he must have exposed to it back then or shortly after, meaning he was in the age where this story piece could've affected his persona and perspective of life back then (12-16 max). Placing him at the ages of between 28-32 when he murdered David Faraday and Betty Lou Jensen at Lake Herman Road (20/12/1968). I also think that the Taurus signs in the "my name is (cipher)" means he was born in that months range.

The so-called British phrasings he used ("shall", "happy christmas" etc.) are derived from pure American comics culture where the highly intellectual villains have a tendency of speaking in a British manner or at least with pseudo-British mannerism, he is probably (90% IMHO) American born and raised, and by his knowledge of all these lover lanes and hangout spots youngsters liked back then - he was probably a native of the San Francisco Bay Area as well.
Quote
Share

RWB
Newbie
RWB
Newbie
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 2:49 am

April 11th, 2018, 8:16 pm #17

HebrewWolfman wrote:
RWB wrote: I've often thought that the various misspellings and juvenile diction in Z's letters were the result of poor education (assuming, just for the moment, that Z was not clever enough with language to create an alternate persona in his writing) and also the result of some psychological dysfunction (although his messages did seem clearheaded if malignant).  ALA may have been socially awkward, but his letters are extremely well crafted, articulate, and obviously the result of someone with fluency of language----things Z was not.

The theory in this thread is intriguing, but Z would have had to work pretty hard to find materials that corresponded to his hints and clues, if they are indeed there.

I think the link between the comics and the card are too strong to be simply coincidental, however.  I rather imagine that the fetishization and presentation of murder, and the images of cruelty, really appealed to Z's psychotic mind.
I believe that his spelling in real life wasn't poor as he enjoyed deliberately doing in his letters, cause he enjoyed playing the "jack the ripper" part. The fact this issue (#30) of Tim Holt was released on June-July of 1952 means that he must have exposed to it back then or shortly after, meaning he was in the age where this story piece could've affected his persona and perspective of life back then (12-16 max). Placing him at the ages of between 28-32 when he murdered David Faraday and Betty Lou Jensen at Lake Herman Road (20/12/1968). I also think that the Taurus signs in the "my name is (cipher)" means he was born in that months range.

The so-called British phrasings he used ("shall", "happy christmas" etc.) are derived from pure American comics culture where the highly intellectual villains have a tendency of speaking in a British manner or at least with pseudo-British mannerism, he is probably (90% IMHO) American born and raised, and by his knowledge of all these lover lanes and hangout spots youngsters liked back then - he was probably a native of the San Francisco Bay Area as well.
I have often wondered, and conjectured, about this aspect of Z's letters---was he really a moron? Or was his writing style a put on?  Or was he under the influence of some mind-altering substance?  Perhaps he went in and out of psychotic states and wrote while in a manic phase?

We will have to find his identity before we know...which seems unlikely at this point.

I agree with the comics theory.  Certainly, as a psychotic personality, those images must have resonated with a pre-teen/teenage Z.  Certainly Jack the Ripper would have been appealing to him.  How available was information on the Ripper back then?  Would Z have had the opportunity to read the Ripper's letters?  Again, the letter-writing aspect of Z's criminal career in context of the Ripper's letter criminal career seems too close a parallel to be coincidental.

Has anyone ever done a comparison between Ripper and Z letters?  
Quote
Like
Share

HebrewWolfman
HebrewWolfman

April 11th, 2018, 9:59 pm #18

RWB wrote:
HebrewWolfman wrote:
RWB wrote: I've often thought that the various misspellings and juvenile diction in Z's letters were the result of poor education (assuming, just for the moment, that Z was not clever enough with language to create an alternate persona in his writing) and also the result of some psychological dysfunction (although his messages did seem clearheaded if malignant).  ALA may have been socially awkward, but his letters are extremely well crafted, articulate, and obviously the result of someone with fluency of language----things Z was not.

The theory in this thread is intriguing, but Z would have had to work pretty hard to find materials that corresponded to his hints and clues, if they are indeed there.

I think the link between the comics and the card are too strong to be simply coincidental, however.  I rather imagine that the fetishization and presentation of murder, and the images of cruelty, really appealed to Z's psychotic mind.
I believe that his spelling in real life wasn't poor as he enjoyed deliberately doing in his letters, cause he enjoyed playing the "jack the ripper" part. The fact this issue (#30) of Tim Holt was released on June-July of 1952 means that he must have exposed to it back then or shortly after, meaning he was in the age where this story piece could've affected his persona and perspective of life back then (12-16 max). Placing him at the ages of between 28-32 when he murdered David Faraday and Betty Lou Jensen at Lake Herman Road (20/12/1968). I also think that the Taurus signs in the "my name is (cipher)" means he was born in that months range.

The so-called British phrasings he used ("shall", "happy christmas" etc.) are derived from pure American comics culture where the highly intellectual villains have a tendency of speaking in a British manner or at least with pseudo-British mannerism, he is probably (90% IMHO) American born and raised, and by his knowledge of all these lover lanes and hangout spots youngsters liked back then - he was probably a native of the San Francisco Bay Area as well.
I have often wondered, and conjectured, about this aspect of Z's letters---was he really a moron? Or was his writing style a put on?  Or was he under the influence of some mind-altering substance?  Perhaps he went in and out of psychotic states and wrote while in a manic phase?

We will have to find his identity before we know...which seems unlikely at this point.

I agree with the comics theory.  Certainly, as a psychotic personality, those images must have resonated with a pre-teen/teenage Z.  Certainly Jack the Ripper would have been appealing to him.  How available was information on the Ripper back then?  Would Z have had the opportunity to read the Ripper's letters?  Again, the letter-writing aspect of Z's criminal career in context of the Ripper's letter criminal career seems too close a parallel to be coincidental.

Has anyone ever done a comparison between Ripper and Z letters?  
I believe that the first 3 letters that came along the parts of the 408 cipher were written while he was drunk, this is the only way he could've written in a "/" shape all over the pages. He must have had quite a drink before and in-between writing these down and perhaps while in the given scenario had been writing that on a messed up table he could barely had any space in his room to move his stuff off the table. Seems like a drunk guy (the cipher was already done while sober) who sits in a junkyard of a small room or a garage to me.
Quote
Share

RWB
Newbie
RWB
Newbie
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 2:49 am

April 13th, 2018, 12:06 am #19

Yes!  I've often thought that Z sounded like a drunk posting online late at night.  He managed to sound cogent, if weird, in the "Red Phantom" letter (although I've never understood why that was a thought to be a Z letter).  And, at the risk of sounding classist, I also imagined him in a claustrophobic place, surrounded by second-hand junk and car parts.

Fascinating that he creates this image from just a few odd scribbled letters.
Quote
Like
Share

HebrewWolfman
HebrewWolfman

April 13th, 2018, 1:31 pm #20

RWB wrote: Yes!  I've often thought that Z sounded like a drunk posting online late at night.  He managed to sound cogent, if weird, in the "Red Phantom" letter (although I've never understood why that was a thought to be a Z letter).  And, at the risk of sounding classist, I also imagined him in a claustrophobic place, surrounded by second-hand junk and car parts.

Fascinating that he creates this image from just a few odd scribbled letters.
look at how a drunk "zodiac"/timothy writes:



and here is how the zodiac wrote while sober: 

Quote
Share