Druzer
Old Newbie
Druzer
Old Newbie

January 26th, 2018, 5:57 am #31

Not You wrote:
Druzer wrote: There is certainly hard evidence to support the theory that the Zodiac Killer was trying to kill people.
Well he’s not called the Zodiac Wounder, is he?
Good point Not You

LauraK8
SFPD

January 29th, 2018, 8:42 am #32

csmith wrote:Sorry, we don't have to agree, I just don't think fear of noise or detection makes sense as the reason he didn't shoot, I think it's written on the Karmnn Ghia--
Vallejo
12-20-68
7-4-69
Sept-27-69-6:30 by knife(& while donning Z costume I would add)
I think that was the script for that day, as I said be4.  It was theater to him, I think that's why he stabbed, & only stabbed them.  Not because he was afraid to attract attention via a gunshot(s),but that's just my opinion.
Do we know they screamed when he was with them? I’m not sure they did. And fear can make your voice freeze. When they were being stabbed, it might have been more moans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LauraK8
SFPD

January 29th, 2018, 8:45 am #33

BayArea60s wrote:I've often wondered if the activities of the Manson Family in their August killing spree prompted Z in any way to make his next killing a stabbing.  I know Manson also used a gun at Tate's murder rampage, but it was the knife work, the blood letting that truly flipped everyone out.  Up until that time Z was enjoying all the news attention, then Manson came along and took a lot of that from Z, for a time.  It was normal to hear gunfire from hunter's around LB, but in the more remote area's, not around the shoreline, so for sure a gun going off would have caught the attention of anyone in the area.  I recall the Los Gatos Dentist and his son, the son noticed who they believe was Z leaving the scene, going up to the cars.  They were also down on the shoreline a couple peninsula's up from Bryan and Cecilia , but I estimate within a 1/4 mile and they never reported hearing the screams. 
Interesting observation about Manson.

csmith
Old Newbie
csmith
Old Newbie

January 29th, 2018, 3:14 pm #34

LauraK8 wrote:
csmith wrote:Sorry, we don't have to agree, I just don't think fear of noise or detection makes sense as the reason he didn't shoot, I think it's written on the Karmnn Ghia--
Vallejo
12-20-68
7-4-69
Sept-27-69-6:30 by knife(& while donning Z costume I would add)
I think that was the script for that day, as I said be4.  It was theater to him, I think that's why he stabbed, & only stabbed them.  Not because he was afraid to attract attention via a gunshot(s),but that's just my opinion.
Do we know they screamed when he was with them? I’m not sure they did. And fear can make your voice freeze. When they were being stabbed, it might have been more moans.

Isn't that how the fisherman found them? Even if they didn't scream though, Z couldn't have known they wouldn't scream, which suggests to me he wasn't afraid of making loud noise.

January 30th, 2018, 2:24 am #35

LauraKB, Please check your messages for some answers to your questions. I am done posting on this thread.

January 30th, 2018, 2:25 am #36

Sorry LauraK8 not B

April 22nd, 2018, 11:27 pm #37

csmith, You believe Zodiac walked all that way back to the car wearing the hood which was hot as hell ,then took the time to write on the car door with it still on? 

I believe as soon as he walked a couple of yards away, he removed the costume and then walked up to the road. (It is not a short walk to the road.) The witnesses who possibly saw him walking in the area, didn't see a costume. He also did not walk from his car to the crime scene wearing it.
He waited until he was ready to strike before putting it on. That terrain has holes, rocks , things that you can trip on. Wearing that costume would have been a hindrance to have on for the long walk.

The side of the car where he wrote the dates of his "northern" Ca. murders, was not the street side it was where no one would be able to see him. Or we would have had at least one witness saying they saw someone crouched down next to the victims car.

April 22nd, 2018, 11:38 pm #38

csmith, By the time Zodiac was done stabbing them, he thought they were dead , so he wasn't worried about any screams being heard at that point.

Cecelia screamed, but perhaps not loud enough for anyone to hear when she saw that they were going to be stabbed.

You can see for yourself, by going there and fire a gun like a 9 mil, see if anyone shows up before you can get back to the road?

csmith
Old Newbie
csmith
Old Newbie

April 23rd, 2018, 1:52 pm #39

sandy betts wrote: csmith, You believe Zodiac walked all that way back to the car wearing the hood which was hot as hell ,then took the time to write on the car door with it still on? 

I believe as soon as he walked a couple of yards away, he removed the costume and then walked up to the road. (It is not a short walk to the road.) The witnesses who possibly saw him walking in the area, didn't see a costume. He also did not walk from his car to the crime scene wearing it.
He waited until he was ready to strike before putting it on. That terrain has holes, rocks , things that you can trip on. Wearing that costume would have been a hindrance to have on for the long walk.

The side of the car where he wrote the dates of his "northern" Ca. murders, was not the street side it was where no one would be able to see him. Or we would have had at least one witness saying they saw someone crouched down next to the victims car.
Huh?  I'm confused, I don't know why you're asking me if I believe he walked all the way to the car with the hood still on & such.

April 23rd, 2018, 4:35 pm #40

Sorry csmith, I should have used your quote to reply to your post that seems to be have been removed?  In that post you mentioned how unafraid Z was about anyone hearing their screams when he walked away, again as opposed to anyone hearing a gun shot .Then wrote he was not worried about being seen in the costume while writing on the car door. 
My answer to your now missing post is what you are wondering about, are you saying that you did not write that?