Frosty-Uk

June 19th, 2018, 9:47 pm #161

Mike99 wrote: I'd u can't see the car references in all the crimes he committed, the crimes he took credit for but may not have committed and in many of the letters I can't help you. He did not mention them in passing in his letters. He uses them as frames of references to describe what he actually heard during the search, thus proving he never left the ph area. But this is for another thread...

Mike
He killed some people in cars Mike, and drew on one. 

Are you referring to arthur leigh allen by any chance?

LauraK8
SFPD

June 19th, 2018, 10:13 pm #162

Tahoe27 wrote:
Mike99 wrote: Hi,

Zodiac was absolutely obsessed with cars and car references.  The whole case centers around them, as did one man's life.  Nobody wants to know about that DMV letter more than I do...

Mike
With all due respect, I never quite understood that line of reasoning.  The whole case centers around cars and car references?  Most of his letters don't mention them at all and the ones that do are sort of in passing.
Thanks Tahoe. I was like, obsession with cars? Where did I miss that one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

June 19th, 2018, 10:35 pm #163

i'm not getting my hopes up over any of this shit..

LauraK8
SFPD

June 19th, 2018, 10:46 pm #164

collinsmix wrote:i'm not getting my hopes up over any of this shit..
Ditto.

Mike99
DOJ

June 20th, 2018, 11:29 am #165

This is a highly new and controversial technique.  It depends not on adsorption but on the uneven surface of the cuticle of the hair randomly trapping unknown amounts of DNA.  The hair is so short that there is no guarantee that there is even enough DNA trapped on the surface of the hair to be analyzed.  I don't see LE jumping in with both feet to do this at this time.  This type of evidence may not even be admissible in court.

Mike

LauraK8
SFPD

June 20th, 2018, 5:39 pm #166

Mike99 wrote:This is a highly new and controversial technique.  It depends not on adsorption but on the uneven surface of the cuticle of the hair randomly trapping unknown amounts of DNA.  The hair is so short that there is no guarantee that there is even enough DNA trapped on the surface of the hair to be analyzed.  I don't see LE jumping in with both feet to do this at this time.  This type of evidence may not even be admissible in court.

Mike
You bring up an excellent point about admissibility.

Bolt
SFPD

June 20th, 2018, 5:51 pm #167

LauraK8 wrote:
Mike99 wrote:This is a highly new and controversial technique.  It depends not on adsorption but on the uneven surface of the cuticle of the hair randomly trapping unknown amounts of DNA.  The hair is so short that there is no guarantee that there is even enough DNA trapped on the surface of the hair to be analyzed.  I don't see LE jumping in with both feet to do this at this time.  This type of evidence may not even be admissible in court.

Mike
You bring up an excellent point about admissibility.

They're not worried about admissibility. 

morf13
DOJ

June 22nd, 2018, 12:02 am #168

TomVoigt wrote: From my law enforcement source:

A full DNA profile can now be obtained from a small hair such as found on the back of the Zodiac stamp from 2002. The amazing breakthrough came from anthropology research.

Excited yet ???
The best part is, NO ROOT IS NEEDED

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

June 22nd, 2018, 12:17 am #169

No root, indeed.

June 28th, 2018, 7:47 am #170

Let alone that the hair itself could belong to one of the many folks who have been involved in the testing of the stamp through the years.  I'm hoping it works, it's the 50th year.  Eventually they run out of anything to test.  I guess they long ago gave up on any tests on Stine's shirt?  I always thought that would be a good potential source for DNA.