October 9th, 2007, 3:27 am #91

That's one amazing theory, Jon - to say the very least. Subtle teasing like that would, in my opinion, jibe completely with Zodiac's nature.

Nin
DOJ

October 23rd, 2007, 11:37 pm #92

Tom, I assume you did check out a JUDY L MARSHALL and a ROBERT NORMAN MARSHALL? -Nin

Dahlia
SFPD

October 30th, 2007, 2:12 am #93

Tom, I assume you did check out a JUDY L MARSHALL and a ROBERT NORMAN MARSHALL? -Nin
Oddly, I once knew a Judy Marshall whose brother was named Robert. However, I don't think they're the same people. Either way, how to these two come into it, Nin?

Nin
DOJ

October 30th, 2007, 1:39 pm #94

Oddly, I once knew a Judy Marshall whose brother was named Robert. However, I don't think they're the same people. Either way, how to these two come into it, Nin?
Dahlia,I have to check my records,best I recall was that their names popped up as some homeowners after cross referencing JAMES W MARSHALL,who is listed as associate/relative under the old Reno address of our MARSHALL.-Nin

VPD

January 29th, 2008, 1:01 am #95

Are we all pretty much in agreement that Marshall indeed took someone else's name? That seems to be the consensus around here. It would be interesting to know why he'd do something like that. Perhaps he was trying to distance himself from something in his past. Marshall seems to be an odd character though there's precious little connecting him to the Zodiac. If only more info would come to light...

January 29th, 2008, 3:16 am #96

It's immensely frustrating, how little we know about this man. If this is due to the fact that he covered up his past, he must have done one hell of a job.

serya
VPD

January 29th, 2008, 3:46 am #97

Ironic that he may have been running from something bad in his past, and ran straight into being a suspect in the most famous unsolved US serial killer case, and he was most likely innocent. If true, he must be wondering about that whole karma thing.

January 29th, 2008, 4:23 am #98

Just a crazy thought. If Joe Don Dickey knew a loner named Rick Marshall, and killed him, and hid the body, say to steal his money, then taking over his identity would be an easy way to avoid being charged with the murder, because on paper, hes still alive. Then Dickey could tell everyone he knows that hes going away, but still maintains just surfacely to these people, that he is Joe Don Dickey. One easy way to solve a murder problem is to make it appear it never happened. What do you think? CTZ

serya
VPD

January 29th, 2008, 6:25 am #99

Anyone here ever see the classic film noir "Detour"?

January 29th, 2008, 8:22 am #100

Anyone here ever see the classic film noir "Detour"?
Tell us about it.