I-Love-You
I-Love-You

May 31st, 2018, 4:27 am #31

TomVoigt wrote:
I-Love-You wrote: Has there been ONE piece of evidence showing Richard using the name Gyke?  Tom  -- you yourself said it was overwhelming obvious that he used Gyke before. Has anybody produced one publication/letter/etc that shows Richard using the spelling GYKE???    Not sure why that question would make people angry. I simply asked if there was any evidence of him using the name. 
This has been covered so many times you must have selective reading to have missed it.

At the time of the Zodiac letters, Richard Gaikowski was known to shorten his last name to its first syllable, and use multiple spellings to get the Gaik pronunciation. Examples found so far include:
*Gaik
*Gike
*Guyk

No, I'm not going to post links and pics and hold your hand to find it. Use the search function.

Realistically there's only one other way to spell it, and that's Gyke. No, I haven't found an example of that spelling yet, but even if he's not the Zodiac, whether anyone likes it or not the odds favor him spelling it Gyke at some point, considering he used all of the other spellings.

When Zodiac created the cipher key, he decided GYKE would solve to AUSE. Thus you have the first two syllables of Gaikowski's last name, all because of the cipher KEY he created.

GYKE AUSE KEY

But if you're more impressed by having found "LK," that's nice.

So let me get this on record: When I find an example of Richard going by Gyke, which I eventually will, is that going to miraculously change your opinion about this subject? Because I don't think it will. In fact, I believe your reaction to seeing a Gyke example will be:
"Big deal, it doesn't prove he was the Zodiac."

Of course, I never said it did prove he was the Zodiac.

PS:
Anymore posts with "LMAO" will get you banned.
Sigh.

You don't have to "hold my hand" .....I know how to use the search function. I never asked for proof of those other spellings. I simply asked if there was proof of "Gyke."

I am not "impressed" to have found "LK"  Why did you leave out the zodiac symbol that is connected to the LK? That is a bit more interesting, is it not? Zodiac symbol LK?

Finally, you are wrong with your assumption of me. If you find a publication where Richard spelled his name Gyke then obviously I would give the finding of Gyke in a zodiac letter to hold a LOT more weight. There would be nothing "miraculous" about changing my mind. The more proof there is, the more viable things become. It would make the use of Gyke way more compelling.

I don't care who the Zodiac is. I don't have a pet suspect. It could be Gaik, Sandy's stalker, Sullivan, ALA, Waterson, a new candidate none of us know about. I'm not emotionally attached to any suspect. I just hope the killer gets caught. I would LOVE for it to be proven that Gaikowski was the zodiac.  Because that would mean the case was solved.

This is the largest Zodiac website on the internet. Like I told you in my PM, I have a great amount of respect for all the work you've done with this case. I joined this website to chat with other people who hope the case is solved.  If me questioning one clue about a suspect is going to make people get so angry and snarky, then I will stop posting. My intent isn't to get people worked up. I thought we were all here for one reason - to see if we could help add anything that might bring the Zodiac killer one step closer to justice.

I will just stop posting in the Gaikowski section.
Quote
Share

Hybrid Moments
Old Newbie
Joined: March 23rd, 2007, 4:36 am

June 1st, 2018, 8:00 pm #32

Just a head's up... it's not cool to hijack a thread to nitpick a point... that's a pretty crappy thing to do. I'm of the opinion that Gaikowski might not have ever used "gyke" outside of the Zodiac Letter. He might have "kept" that one spelling for his Zodiac persona. I think your plan to "stop posting in the Gaikowski section" is a wise one.
Quote
Like
Share

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie
Joined: February 25th, 2014, 11:43 pm

June 8th, 2018, 1:18 pm #33

drew wrote: Last year in chat, someone shared this item that was found on a public-records site online.  The page also included a map of Richard's neighborhood, so it is clearly connected to him.jakeherman.JPG
Gaik could be Z. of course, but I think he was using these words to chuckle on his moment of fame. You know, an inside joke. He knew he was a suspect, right?
Quote
Like
Share

ZedCode
Newbie
ZedCode
Newbie
Joined: September 26th, 2017, 4:08 am

June 8th, 2018, 4:00 pm #34

v wrote:
drew wrote: Last year in chat, someone shared this item that was found on a public-records site online.  The page also included a map of Richard's neighborhood, so it is clearly connected to him.jakeherman.JPG
Gaik could be Z. of course, but I think he was using these words to chuckle on his moment of fame. You know, an inside joke. He knew he was a suspect, right?
I don't believe Gyke was ever identified publicly as a suspect until after his death.    The believe the"Goldcatcher" informant popped up after he was dead.    Obviously "Goldcatcher" was afraid to come forward while Gyke was alive.    He may also believe that Gyke has accomplices so he is afraid of using his real name.   I am not sure that Goldcatcher is reliable but Gyke is definitely one of the best suspects.    DNA or forensics are going to be the only thing that breaks this case open at this point.   If I am wrong on any of these points, please correct the record.
Quote
Like
Share

PAUL
SFPD
Joined: August 11th, 2007, 2:48 pm

June 12th, 2018, 2:59 pm #35

If Gaik is not Z... then his use of "Jake Herman" is unbelievably twisted... to say the least!
Quote
Like
Share

jonesbird
Newbie
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 4:09 am

June 12th, 2018, 5:14 pm #36

So then how did Pam know before that?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote
Like
Share

jonesbird
Newbie
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 4:09 am

June 12th, 2018, 5:19 pm #37

What I mean to say is, in response to "I don't believe Gyke was ever identified publicly as a suspect until after his death." If the public knowledge came from goldcatcher then how did Pam know in 2001, was there another source?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote
Like
Share

drew
DOJ
Joined: March 9th, 2007, 9:09 pm

June 12th, 2018, 6:02 pm #38

I think Goldcatcher did communicate his suspicions about Richard to Pam at some point in the 1980s -- I vaguely remember something about them meeting up. 
Quote
Like
Share