I Don't Get It

Regal_Legal_Beagle
Old Newbie

June 1st, 2018, 4:16 pm #1

https://deadline.com/2018/05/zodiac-kil ... 202400219/

So, this book's film rights are getting picked up. 

I don't mean to be negative, but there's something about this author and his book. I normally root for everyone's success in whatever they choose to do, but this book... 

It bothers me how the handwriting sample that was so highly touted was disproven (by Mike R, I think??) with just a minuscule amount of research effort. That tells me the author either didn't do any real research, which makes everything in the book suspect, imo; or the author deliberately misled the audience, which makes everything in the book suspect, imo. 

With any luck, VPD will crack this thing with DNA and save us from more "my daddy" stories. 

dirtyharry18
Old Newbie
dirtyharry18
Old Newbie

June 1st, 2018, 11:27 pm #2

On the bright side, maybe this film will cause someone who actually knows who the Zodiac is to come forward. Media attention tends to generate new tips in this case. Too bad none of them have panned out yet.

Paradice
DOJ

June 2nd, 2018, 6:00 am #3

The author is a jerk. I don't know if his posts are still on the board, but his general attitude and disrespect towards the Zodiac community lead me to believe this was a moneygrab.  He claimed numerous times that the movie rights had been picked up and it was in preproduction. The particularly sad aspect of this is that there is a compelling story (albeit actually more his mother's story) that could have been told without linking the Zodiac.  IMHO, they could not tell a story where Gary turns out well-adjusted or generally "not-a-prick", so they attached Zodiac to the story to make EVBjr look even worse.