Tracers
DOJ

9:43 AM - Oct 27, 2010 #11

That Glee episode was great! Thanks, Judith.and love all the programs at you site, BTain81. Hadn't seen that Happy Days episode in along time!

serya
VPD

4:53 PM - Oct 27, 2010 #12

AMC had Frankenstein and Dracula last Saturday too. Dracula had Phillip Glass composed music played by the Kronos Quartet.
I wonder how they did that.....Dracula with Lugosi has sound already, right? I could see a newly added score to the silent film of Nosferatu. How did they combine the new music in Dracula? What was it like?

judith
DOJ

5:05 PM - Oct 27, 2010 #13

That Glee episode was great!
LOL, yes! I enjoyed it too. "It's just a jump to the left. And then a step to the right."

serya
VPD

5:08 PM - Oct 27, 2010 #14

My favorite Halloween show/tradition is a tie between Disney's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow/Ichabod Crane (swoons at Bing Crosby) and of course, Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin. Love those memories...
Somewhat related, on Wonderful World of Disney (and shown in theaters) I loved "The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh"- 1700s revolutionary English countryside super hero dressed as a scarecrow- a Scooby Doo style Scarlet Pimpernel (or something like that). saw the Great Pumpkin again after all these years- so wonderful and dreamy like all the other stuff, the Guaraldi music. I had forgotten about Snoopy reenacting the pilot shot down behind enemy lines, brought back such great memories.

BugsMoran
DOJ

7:09 PM - Oct 27, 2010 #15

I thought the music for the Bela Lugosi was overblown and more annoying than anything else. Last Saturday morning I watched Frankenstein & Dracula but they're meant for a rainy, foggy wisconsin October night rather than a sunny & warm day in South Carolina, so I didn't enjoy them very much.TCM, I think, is running Hammer Production Films on Friday nights. The best is the first one: Horror of Dracula. I saw it at the theatre when I was a kid and it was horrifying.One year in the opening days of the 2ist century, Pattrick Macnee of the old Avengers TV series hosted a weekend of old horror movies and it was great. Mostly they stuck to the old Universal films of the Thirties & Fourties.The Victorian Era theme seems pretty cool.

Eric M
SFPD

1:06 AM - Oct 28, 2010 #16

Somewhat related, on Wonderful World of Disney (and shown in theaters) I loved "The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh"- 1700s revolutionary English countryside super hero dressed as a scarecrow- a Scooby Doo style Scarlet Pimpernel (or something like that).
It's out on DVD, I had to get it, along with the Hammer Films version "Night Creatures".
As Gram's younger sister, known as Little Avis, would later recall, “Things were mighty strange around the house.”

TBain81
Old Newbie
TBain81
Old Newbie

3:34 AM - Oct 30, 2010 #17

thanks tracers....glad u liked it!

TBain81
Old Newbie
TBain81
Old Newbie

5:59 AM - Sep 21, 2011 #18

Hey everyone...my site for Halloween shows is still up and running. Nearly 200 shows have been posted. Check it out, and give me some feedback?www.halloweenshows.net

ratman
DOJ

6:09 PM - Sep 21, 2011 #19

Just had time to scan it quickly but can see you've put alooottt of time into it. Some shows I sure remember. I'll check more deeply when I can. Good site!

muter0
Old Newbie
muter0
Old Newbie

2:59 AM - Sep 22, 2011 #20

Do you have this one on there? One of my favorite scary movies from the 1940's.The Uninvited (1944) - IMDbhttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037415/Rating: 7.6/10 - 95 reviewsA composer and his sister discover that the reason they are able to purchase a beautiful gothic seacoast mansion very cheaply is the house's unsavory past.Directed by Lewis Allen. Starring Ray Milland, Ruth Hussey, Donald Crisp.