Halloween card symbol source

Discussion of Zodiac's Halloween card should be posted here

Halloween card symbol source

Napolean1

February 25th, 2018, 7:47 pm #1

Sorry if this is already mentioned earlier
The symbols used by zodiac in his letters were Greek or variations of such symbols.
for ex. a dot (.) inside a circle represents sun
I'm attaching a photo. 

symbols in 10th row (theta) are used in all his ciphers.
and 1st symbol for iota (11th row) is the symbol used in Halloween card.
Greeks also used in write in inverted albhabets. for ex. inverted k, p etc..
greek.png
greek.png

Napolean1

February 25th, 2018, 7:50 pm #2

Noordos
Noordos

March 1st, 2018, 5:02 pm #3

On the Acropolis there are inscriptions where theta is a circle with a dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vtsquire

May 23rd, 2018, 9:07 pm #4

The flying v looks a bit like a v-nail for picture framing. Also like the skeletal structure of pentene

Regulus29

June 13th, 2018, 12:20 pm #5

A few of these symbols are also used in astrology.  Keep in mind what is contemporary Western astrology is Hellenistic Greek in origin. Astrologers use symbols because it is a lot easier than writing things out longhand.  Think of them as a shorthand system.

The triangle, delta, is the symbol or glyph for a trine.  A trine occurs when two planets are 120 degrees apart (there is a fudge factor called an "orb" by astrologers). The circle with the dot in the middle (omricron) is also the astrological glyph for the Sun. Koppa is similar to Venus.  The "female" symbol is the astrological glyph for Venus. If the line were at the 2 o'clock position it would be the glyph for a conjunction, i.e. when two planets occupy the same degree of celestial longitude. Theta has a dual function.  When the cross is straight on dividing the circle into quadrants, it is the glyph for the Earth.  When it is tilted slightly, like an "X," it is the glyph for the part of fortune, a mathematical point determined by the geometrical relationship between the Sun and Moon. Omega is also used as the glyph for the north node of the Moon, i.e. the point where the Moon's orbit crosses the ecliptic in the north. This is also the electrician's symbol for ohms, a unit of resistance. Finally sampi, particularly the Phoenician version is the astrological glyph for the sign Aries.    

While it seems more likely that Zodiac would use the Greek alphabet without realizing he was also using astrological glyphs, he did use symbols in other communications that were strictly astrological (to my knowledge) such as the glyphs for the semi-sextile aspect (45 degrees), and the quincunx aspect (aka inconjunct 150 degrees). I've wondered, publicly, if the use of astrological glyphs was deliberate and somehow connected to the name "Zodiac," and perhaps a knowledge of astrology. But this list indicates he could have simply been using easily obtained letters from the Greek alphabet. 

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie

June 20th, 2018, 1:39 pm #6

Regulus29 wrote: A few of these symbols are also used in astrology.  Keep in mind what is contemporary Western astrology is Hellenistic Greek in origin. Astrologers use symbols because it is a lot easier than writing things out longhand.  Think of them as a shorthand system.

The triangle, delta, is the symbol or glyph for a trine.  A trine occurs when two planets are 120 degrees apart (there is a fudge factor called an "orb" by astrologers). The circle with the dot in the middle (omricron) is also the astrological glyph for the Sun. Koppa is similar to Venus.  The "female" symbol is the astrological glyph for Venus. If the line were at the 2 o'clock position it would be the glyph for a conjunction, i.e. when two planets occupy the same degree of celestial longitude. Theta has a dual function.  When the cross is straight on dividing the circle into quadrants, it is the glyph for the Earth.  When it is tilted slightly, like an "X," it is the glyph for the part of fortune, a mathematical point determined by the geometrical relationship between the Sun and Moon. Omega is also used as the glyph for the north node of the Moon, i.e. the point where the Moon's orbit crosses the ecliptic in the north. This is also the electrician's symbol for ohms, a unit of resistance. Finally sampi, particularly the Phoenician version is the astrological glyph for the sign Aries.    

While it seems more likely that Zodiac would use the Greek alphabet without realizing he was also using astrological glyphs, he did use symbols in other communications that were strictly astrological (to my knowledge) such as the glyphs for the semi-sextile aspect (45 degrees), and the quincunx aspect (aka inconjunct 150 degrees). I've wondered, publicly, if the use of astrological glyphs was deliberate and somehow connected to the name "Zodiac," and perhaps a knowledge of astrology. But this list indicates he could have simply been using easily obtained letters from the Greek alphabet. 
Fascinating. I wonder what the chart would look like for Robert Durst. I wonder if there's an indication of extreme wealth and extreme violence.

Regulus29

June 22nd, 2018, 3:13 pm #7

>I wonder what the chart would look like for Robert Durst. I wonder if there's an indication of extreme wealth and extreme violence.<

Born April 12, 1943, Scarsdale, NY, birth time unknown

Without the time, what is and isn't in the chart is either heavily generalized and/or speculation. To answer your question yes there probably are such indications. Jupiter, the planet of wealth is in Cancer the sign of his exaltation, and depending on the actual birth time is conjunct or close to, the Moon in Cancer, the sign of her domicile and the planet of generation - so generation of wealth is a possibility, but a lot depends on the house placement.

What is there that does not depend on time is the planet Venus conjunct the malefic fixed star Algol. Usually, but not always, the birth chart describes the native and potential events in the life - not others.  There are some exceptions and whether or not they are in play depend on the birth time.  Algol is associated with beheadings, hangings, executions, and just about anything gruesome.  Durst is suspected of dismembering Morris Black and an execution style murder of Susan Berman. Saturn is conjunct the fixed star Aldeberan and, writing in 1920 Vivian Robson said: "Great afflictions, strange mind, great wickedness, sarcasm, eloquence, good memory, studious and retiring nature, legal abilities, domestic and material success ..."

Mars, the planet of violence is conjunct the malefic south node.  This guy is a real charmer. 

That's all speculation only - not a full blown reading of a valid chart, and hardly admissible in a court of law. It's cherry picked stuff I thought was interesting and fit. I wish I had a valid birth time.