Go East Young Man!

Marge
Marge

November 10th, 2017, 3:17 am #1

Didn't the Zodiac write and taunt the police and say he would leave the San Francisco Bay area? Didn't he say he would kill and make the killings look like accidents and suicides? I returned to a place where I thought Edwards had been hoping to find something. Anything that might give a indication that he had been there. The area is in North Carolina, some 40 miles or so north of Charlotte. It used to be called the Bull Hole because a farmer lost a cow in the water and the cow was never seen again. That was the 1800's. I'm speaking of what is now Coolemee Falls at River Park where Rowan and Davie Counties meet. It was once a hunting ground to Daniel Boone's brother, who also fought the Indians along with one of my cousins on the Wood side. My great grandmother was a Wood. Around 1900 there was a Mill built there. In the lower area of this park I spotted a blue industrial looking building across the water. I have nightmares about the whole place. I hiked up to the upper level and spotted what looked like ancient Indian along with modern graffiti . Then I walked over to the stone wall. I could almost see EWE as he was way back when.....in my memories. Then I looked at the Wall and there was a break in it. On the broken part was painted in gold a big "Z" in the same shape as the "Z" in Zander (from the Halbach Case). I want someone to look into this. Surely someone who is very familiar with the Park knows how long the "Z" has been on the wall. There isn't much sense in me telling the rest of the story without a confirmation that it was put on there in the 1970's. I put a picture of it on my facebook page. Margene Morrison

November 10th, 2017, 3:44 am #2

Marge, although the Zodiac did say that he would make his killings look like a few fake accidents, I don't recall him ever saying that he would leave the San Francisco Bay Area.  The Zodiac sent a letter to the Chronicle on 11/9/69, 48 years ago today, stating: "This is the Zodiac speaking.  Up to the end of Oct. I have killed 7 people.  I have grown rather angry with the police for their telling lies about me.  So I shall change the way the collecting of slaves.  I shall no longer announce to anyone when I commit my murders.  They shall look like routine robberies, killings of anger and a few fake accidents, etc."  You are certainly a good writer.  I enjoyed reading your paragraph very much.  But, I don't know what it has to do with the book, Zodiac 37.  Did you write a book?  Perhaps you will want to post about your book under Featured Zodiac Books or you could post about your suspect under Suspects.  Good luck!!