BugsMoran
DOJ

January 27th, 2009, 9:49 pm #41

I most enjoy those old British shows like DANGERMAN, THE AVENGERS and RUMPLOE OF THE BAILEY. My favorite American shows would be the old ones like SANFORD & SON, MASH, and GUNSMOKE.I'm not wild about vulgar animated shows like FAMILY GUY or the SIMPSONS.

Paradice
DOJ

January 27th, 2009, 9:54 pm #42

As far as the Digging For Truth series is concerned, I liked everything about the show except the Josh Bernstein, the host. I hear that there is going to be a new host to the show, so I'll check it out. I don't know what it was about Bernstein, he just rubbed me the wrong way. I hope my opinion of the new host is more favorable and he comes off as less of a Dbag. Apologies if my opinion offends.

pack
DOJ

January 28th, 2009, 4:23 am #43

hey, be nice paradice, i liked josh bernstein..the one i didn't like was the first host on cities of the underworld, that guy was a dbag...

January 28th, 2009, 5:39 am #44

Dirtbag???

Paradice
DOJ

January 28th, 2009, 7:06 am #45

hey, be nice paradice, i liked josh bernstein..the one i didn't like was the first host on cities of the underworld, that guy was a dbag...
You are right... I knew it was not nice but that guy just rubs me the wrong way. Like I said though, the series's concepts and approach I enjoyed. I should have kept the douche bag comment to myself. Sorry guys

m13
DOJ

January 29th, 2009, 12:57 pm #46

Book TV by C-SPAN can be really good. It's on every weekend (24 hours) and features nonfiction books and the authors. They also have specials over holiday weekends where they visit historic places in America. Yes, some stuff can be boring, but some shows are really great. Here is a link to the TV schedule. http://www.booktv.org/schedule.aspx
Absolutely! If you can fight your way through all the Lincon/Jefferson/Bush there are some really thought provoking and insightful discussions that take place. You will find alot of real gems you never would have heard of. Btw, its not that I dislike any of the aforementioned statesman, but come on, don't we know all we need toby now. Hey, c-span2 booktv, you can take it easy on the civil war while you're at it. A very valuable resource and I encourage everyone to check it out. Just have it on in the background while you do whatever. You'll enjoy it. Thank you. Oh, history channel, we don't need to know about hitlers underwear. Or his favorite spoon. He was pure evil. Who cares what he liked for breakfast. M13 out
I Said Good Day!

VPD

January 30th, 2009, 1:54 am #47

I have a major crush on Donna Reed and I love her show.

m13
DOJ

January 30th, 2009, 3:08 am #48

Lost is one of my favorite shows. Has anyone else picked up on some serious z influenced content? In the first season character Locke spoke of man being the most dangerous animal, the drawings on the hatch doors, the character Benjamin Linus and his persona, introduction of character David Faraday (though this could be inspired by the inventor), and the literary allusion that the show is absolutely dripping with. There is much more but I can't think of everything off the top of my head. Also, Flight of the Conchords and Autopsy on HBO if they will ever produce any new ones. 48 hours and 60 minutes on CBS. Can't forget The Office. The Simpsons has gone down hill but I would hardly lump it in with the arbitrary nonsense that is the Family Guy. Lastly, Six Feet Under was the greatest show ever. Thank You!
I Said Good Day!

February 10th, 2009, 8:42 pm #49

In no particular order:Season One - Curb Your EnthusiasmSeason Two - Curb Your EnthusiasmSeason Three - Curb Your EnthusiasmSeason Four - Curb Your EnthusiasmSeason Five - Curb Your EnthusiasmSeason Six - Curb Your Enthisiasm

jim t
DOJ

February 11th, 2009, 3:02 am #50

Spike TV has a new show called "1,000 ways to Die", which is on Sundays and has all sorts of strange and weird deaths. One way, is a person in prison was watching TV on a metal toliet when the electrical cord shorted out and he was electrocuted. Another person had a bar room trick of swallowing billiard balls and having the balls protude from his throat until he tried a cue ball which is larger and he couldnt cough it back out and asphixicated himself. Also the animal Planet has a new show on "Jockeys" about horse racing.