serya
VPD

October 20th, 2011, 5:52 am #11

Tracers-Thanks for the David Cassidy Police Story context, I don't remember it very well to be honest. I think Dandy Don Meredith had a similar character that spun off from Police Story into a tv movie or two, but I may be mistaken and Don's tv movies were unrelated.I think this proves that if you were on US tv in the 70s, it was your birthright to star in a cop series of some kind.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

October 20th, 2011, 5:57 am #12

Tracers
DOJ

October 20th, 2011, 7:53 am #13

LOLOL!!! When I saw on the main page that you had posted in this thread, i KNEW it would be to mention the Streets of San Francisco!!!!

jim t
DOJ

October 20th, 2011, 4:53 pm #14

Kolchak the "Night Stalker" crime reporter, and investigator.

October 21st, 2011, 2:18 am #15

we lived in SF on 47th an Judah when Streets was running an being filmed there..one day we were coming back from the grocery store an The Great Highway was closed to film a chase scene or something..tired of sitting in the car an waiting my mom jumped out of the car walked over to the crew an then meet Michael Douglas an Karl Malden an got herself an autographed picture of the two..she was so stoked an my dad was pretty pissed haha..

jim t
DOJ

October 21st, 2011, 3:37 am #16

One of my brothers freinds who was a model/actor said he was in almost every episode of Streets. They would film the SF outdoor location scenes in SF and use extras and then use them with the studio scenes to make it look authentic.

Q
DOJ
Q
DOJ

October 22nd, 2011, 4:57 pm #17

Cue the ...Some the coolest notes from a TV show... ever!I like the Rockford Files + it's Theme a lot too.The Made For TV Movie "The Night Stalker" was or rather is, IMO one of the creepiest vampire movies. My sister was 12 & had to sleep in my parents room that night after we watched it. The docu-drama style is superb... The TV series that came from the 2 Kolchak movies... Not so much.serya... Diggin' Deep! You left out "Longstreet"Gotta mention Hawaii Five-O too.***

serya
VPD

October 23rd, 2011, 10:01 am #18

Q-Longstreet with James Franciscus - nice! I think a lot of my mind's images no longer come from old memories from the day but seeing the ads for shows while watching 70s NFL Football broadcasts on tape- they loved to promote those shows during football games.

Q
DOJ
Q
DOJ

October 23rd, 2011, 6:55 pm #19

...the ads for shows while watching 70s NFL Football broadcasts on tape- they loved to promote those shows during football games.
Absolutely! Shows & other things...I have some old Steeler games from the 70s... Sperry/Rand Corp.... Scary... Very scary. Remember the NBC Mystery Theater that had McMillan & Wife (Rock Hudson & Susan St. James) & McCloud (Dennis Weaver) ?It varied which show/movie was on week to week and had a cool opening with a silhouetted man searching with a flashlight... Was Columbo, at least at first, part of that series too? ***

Jimmyjazz
Old Newbie
Jimmyjazz
Old Newbie

October 24th, 2011, 6:18 am #20

I use Quincy as my avatar because I loved the show as a kid. I found it fascinating that an ugly dude like that ended up with all the hot chicks at the end of every episode.