fxbby74
SFPD

June 30th, 2018, 5:29 am #91

Paradice wrote: download/file.php?id=456&mode=view

That is not clearly appearing in the cipher.  None of the "Evbjr name appears" appear clearly, without using the original code AND the solution, or without serious cajjiggering involved in getting the "solution".  It is important that Gary Stewart is an unreliable source and shameless opportunist when it comes to making money off of the suffering and grief of others.  Worse, he could have given loved-ones of Zodiac victims false hope that the murderer had been identified (fortunately, the claim is not believable enough to have caused such belief).

Does he endorse your numerology?  I don't know of anyone else who thinks/plans things in a manner similar to your numbers game.  It is the most compelling evidence against Best, but there is no way to know if your suppositions are correct or if Zodiac (or anyone other than you) thinks/thought this way.
Paradice,

Your right in one regard I shouldn't have used the word clearly to describe a hidden name. Doesn't change the question however , please explain how something that is found in a 1969 cipher is tied to a handwriting claim from 2014 . How does it dismiss , impact , etc...  what is in the cipher. 

what  " cajjiggering " are you talking about ? First of all nothing is moved everything as is between cipher text and plain text. I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you even understand what a cipher is . Numbers , letters , symbols, etc ..  ,  hiding a message .    So are you saying that someone who talked about their identity being in a solved cipher wouldn't possibly think to HIDE a name between the TWO PARTS? Even if he didn't mention it are you saying a person who sent out a coded message/cipher couldn't and or wouldn't do it or possibly even think about it ?  Also the name appears between cipher and plain text so....

So how many serial killers up until 1969 sent a 3 part cipher to 3 different newspapers ????  How many went thru the trouble ?   I don't know how you don't see how he planned "things" ? Or how he thought about "things" ?  He built a working cipher and it looks like he might have planned to break it up and send it too 3 different places .  

So what numbers game am I playing ? the 4 attacks day of year with EVBJRS birthday day of year using the Zodiac calendar 274 105 190 204  +  115 his day  = 888 you will notice that he sent a cipher broken into 3 parts of 8 rows . Fact
The positions of EVBJRS name from the complete cipher when you break down the whole numbers into 1/3s and add them = 115 Which happens to Match EVBJRS Zodiac birthday. Fact  He broke and sent the 408 cipher in 1/3s  to 3 different places . Fact I used every attack and every position and every number in both examples . Fact  So what are you talking about ???? I've shown my work .

So now as you claim Gary giving false hope to victims has some relevance to my work ? If Gary supports my findings somehow it  is relevant too .  I guess the 888 match can't exist that I have shown because we can't use EVBJRS Zodiac birthday because you know Gary Stewart claimed his dad was the Zodiac.....

Mike 

Paradice
DOJ

June 30th, 2018, 11:16 pm #92

I am not an expert, but I have read plenty about cryptoanalysis and cryptography.  I have never seen whatever it is you are doing used as a valid method to decode a cipher.  Perhaps I have overlooked something and you can point out to me where your process has been used or validated (peer review is important to ensuring your solution is valid, right?).  Until then, it is a matter of opinion and I remain unconvinced.

So, I am not saying show me your work, I am saying prove that it is valid.  Please include several sources and experts who will back your claims because I barely know what a cipher is.

ZteveMcQueen
Old Newbie
ZteveMcQueen
Old Newbie

July 1st, 2018, 6:34 pm #93

Mike, there are a number of us who don't buy into your numerology. It isn't because we think you didn't add the numbers correctly. It's that many of us doubt the validity of your approach and the integrity of your efforts. 

You're turning words into numbers, dates into numbers, then adding numbers to those numbers in order to produce a number that you believe is relevant to your suspect, Earl Van Best, Jr. Many of us don't think that's a valid way to research a crime and that the results would never be admitted at trial. 

I believe you at best inconsistent and at worst deceptive and dishonest in the methods you use. For example, sometimes you use the regular (Gregorian calendar), but you will switch to the Zodiac calendar if necessary to get the result you want. Likewise, you will sum the numbers from dates differently, or add an arbitrary number in order to force a result. Those are not the methods of a person who is seeking objective truth. 
Zodiac was a liar. There's no reason to assume anything he said was true.

fxbby74
SFPD

July 3rd, 2018, 10:18 pm #94

ZteveMcQueen wrote: Mike, there are a number of us who don't buy into your numerology. It isn't because we think you didn't add the numbers correctly. It's that many of us doubt the validity of your approach and the integrity of your efforts. 

You're turning words into numbers, dates into numbers, then adding numbers to those numbers in order to produce a number that you believe is relevant to your suspect, Earl Van Best, Jr. Many of us don't think that's a valid way to research a crime and that the results would never be admitted at trial. 

I believe you at best inconsistent and at worst deceptive and dishonest in the methods you use. For example, sometimes you use the regular (Gregorian calendar), but you will switch to the Zodiac calendar if necessary to get the result you want. Likewise, you will sum the numbers from dates differently, or add an arbitrary number in order to force a result. Those are not the methods of a person who is seeking objective truth. 
First off you do know that turning words and or letters into numbers or vice versa is valid coding , you can invert etc so that part of your statement is incorrect. For starters Basic stuff .

My approach is straightforward look for clues to the Zodiacs identity within the 408 and his numerous letters etc . I sought to validate ( if possible ) the 1 in a million complete name found in the 408 . I applied a theory that if their were clues left in his letters and attacks that these didn’t point to the solving of the 340 but to his name and identity . So with that I started looking at EVBJR in the 408 , once I found his birthday in his name I wondered if he would use that in different ways etc ...

So even if you hate the fact that the positions in EVBJR divided into 3rds like the 408 = 115 his zodiac birthday , that number is still his . If you add it to the attack dates using the same calendar you get 888 the format of the 408 .

apply his birthday like this 7x14x34 = 3332 = the attack dates as whole numbers plus their month and days you may not like these 2 examples but all the parts and pieces are their to match up Earl to the attacks and his birthday and the format of the 408 .

Like I stated above number/ letter coding is 100% valid . The letters that can be inverted in his name . RLVNSTJR inverted numbers 81 21 22 41 91 2 1 81 those happen to add up to 340 all of the inverted letters .

How about the remaining letters at the EVBJR location not used for his name NBWTVEKHFR those = 118

Another one , I could go on and on here . The positions now of EVBJ. The first initials using a single section , he did break it up into 3rds E = 79 V = 115 B = 80 J = 66 those = 340

So the only one being dishonest here is yourself , you accused me before of cherry picking when I use all the positions , letters at those positions , numbers , attack dates etc . You accuse me of being deceptive by looking at valid coding techniques , he did send us a cipher . You are also being dishonest by implying my results are created or forced by arbitrary number etc , as an example not my fault he split the 408 up into 3 pieces and called himself the zodiac . You may not like the fact that all the numbers are used at EVBJR to make 115 but that’s what they do and they match up perfectly .

Other items thrown my way lately , handwriting , Gary is a bad person . Explain to me how that ( even if it were true ) has any relevance to a cipher written 48 years ago ? Serial killers don’t think like that . Well most of them don’t put the time and effort and thought to create ciphers .

Last one , when you view the fact that he sent a 408 character cipher , a cipher being an encripted code hiding something , so I decided to look at this number 408 like this (4) 321 (0) 1234567 (8) you know what happens when I put a number we can see in front of a number we can’t and count down to Zero ? 714 is what happens . Do you know what happens when we count up the numbers we can’t see between 4-0-8 ? 34 happens. Do you know what 714 34 is ? Earl Van BESt Jrs birthday .

What happens isn’t caused by results I want , it happens because all the right parts are present to make it happen . The attacks on the right days , the name at the right position , the right amount of characters in the cipher , the right letters left over at his name etc... I had no idea what I was going to find . If I have a bias towards EVBJR it’s because of results , the results are not created by bias as you imply . That’s really a stupid way to attempt to Cast doubt on someone’s work as you can apply that to everyone . Even yourself .

Earl Van Best jr is the Zodiac

Mike

Paradice
DOJ

July 4th, 2018, 4:31 am #95

If you are going to make broad, grandiose claims that you solved the case then at least get a couple of experts to back your claims.  You should also get Stewart to endorse your claims.  Even a few posters here who will back you and believe your work is not misguided/biased or intentionally slanted to frame Best would be something.  

Since when is taking dates and adding numbers together to get the results you want valid coding?  You have done nothing to show that Best believed these dates were important or used a similar system (or did any coding for that matter) or that he had some obsession with adding dates together to get certain numbers like 314 or 888. I don't know how it is that you KNOW all those numbers are so important to Best.  

fxbby74
SFPD

July 4th, 2018, 2:26 pm #96

Paradice wrote: If you are going to make broad, grandiose claims that you solved the case then at least get a couple of experts to back your claims.  You should also get Stewart to endorse your claims.  Even a few posters here who will back you and believe your work is not misguided/biased or intentionally slanted to frame Best would be something.  

Since when is taking dates and adding numbers together to get the results you want valid coding?  You have done nothing to show that Best believed these dates were important or used a similar system (or did any coding for that matter) or that he had some obsession with adding dates together to get certain numbers like 314 or 888. I don't know how it is that you KNOW all those numbers are so important to Best.  
Paradice , Happy 4th 

I have no choice but to draw the conclusion that he is the Zodiac. What I think you are missing....

This shouldn't happen , name in san fran newspapers , name in san fran based zodiac 3 part  408 cipher in groups of 8 , calls himself zodiac . Positions of name = 2671 Positions divided into 1/3 just like the 408 is = 115 , the remaining letters present = 118 which by column addition can be made from said names birthday. the inverted letters in this persons name = 340 

The first claims of his attacks 731 927 1013 = 2671 the attacks by Zodiac calendar added to 115 = 888 their was a major cipher mailed on 118 the 340 , 100 days after the first cipher the 4 attacks as whole numbers + 100 = 3332  that names birthday 7x14x34 = 3332 ( only 4 birthdays from 1900 could do this a 5th would be a toddler ) he might be the only one that has a 115 zodiac birthday . 

My coding reference was to letters words , the 115 find the 408 birthday find etc.. I could make the argument for the dates but I really don't care. What I wondered was what would happen if I added them together as a group  , what would happen if I applied the Zodiac calendar and his birthday to the attacks. A pattern of sorts ? From Mcqueens last post I don't think i'm supposed to look at items like that. Has anyone over here looked at the Zodiac calendar , the attacks and dates etc... ? People use the  locations of the attacks ,  a resource to find a pattern , we are not supposed to look at Dates of those very same attacks ?  He called himself a name don't look at that ? What are you guys actually trying to accomplish here ? 

So from the above ( all random events all within complete groups ) a complete name hidden between cipher text and plain text viewed when you put both together ,  the 4 attacks match , the 3 first claims match , the format of the 408 match , a cipher with 340 characters mailed on 118 match , birthday found in the number 408 match. Astronomical odds . This is leaving items out . 

You guys keep claiming i'm forcing things creating things etc... I'm biased etc …  Show me where I am doing this . Show the rest of the people who view this where this happens. If I find 340 in all the inverted letters of a persons name that makes me biased ? If I divide the positions of his name into 1/3 because he did that with the 408  and add and get 115 which matches his birthday in the Zodiac calendar  , because he called himself the Zodiac that makes me biased ?  I add the 4 attacks to EVBJRS Z day and get 888  that makes me biased ? I convert a number 888  to letters EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT  and apply substitution and get 147 = EARL VAN BEST JR  that makes me biased ?  I'm forcing results using the actual dates  , positions , letters , name etc...  Crazy , silly response to facts . I don't like the results so  i'll claim he's biased , dishonest , or forcing things . real intelligent. ( which in itself is biased and also not TRUE ) 

The only biased statements or implications  I have seen actually are from you guys, handwriting and Gary is a bad person somehow tie into a cipher created 45 years before ( bias ). Still waiting for that explanation . Forcing a result adding arbitrary numbers etc...  Your entitled to your opinion of course , but you made the statement that serial killers don't plan or think in a certain way. I asked how many serial killers went out of their way to build working ciphers . so.....   

You actually at one point endorsed my findings then rescinded it , you wanted to stay neutral when I asked you , Now that I have found more you don't want to stay neutral . Also getting people to endorse my findings when 1 , some people say its hard to understand ( that's on me ) 2 we are on a site where every body else is the Zodiac but your guy website . Not many endorsements are forthcoming .  While it would be nice it isn't needed. 

If Gary wants to endorse my findings he can , they support his claim. He is more than welcome too. 

I'm not worried about peer review , I put my findings out for everyone too see . The numbers add up and shouldn't happen but for some reason you guys don't understand this. I shouldn't be able to add the dates and get a hit , I shouldn't be able to find 115 at the site of his name , find 118 or 340 etc.... To keep going their shouldn't be G and N at the start and finish of his name 7 14 what are the odds of that ? what are the odds of when the word " Name " is found in the 408 the next cipher / plaintext nam E V/B  or that the final 18 of the cipher starts EVB .  On and on. 

I'm sure Paradice that if I look back thru the threads that I will find you attacking the GYKE - AUSE key in a similar fashion ? What about the original source of Gyke info , wasn't that guy supposed to be out their ? ( I don't know for sure and don't want to attack someone here not my intent just making a point  so take this with a grain of salt ) but if memory serves wasn't his credibility suspect ? Did you use his credibility to attack his Gyke is the Zodiac conclusions ? 

Mike  

Paradice
DOJ

July 6th, 2018, 5:31 am #97

Attacking it, no... The Gyke Ause Key solution does not solve the case, either and you won't see me make such claims.  The difference between Gary and Blaine starts with financial incentive, and ends with people look into Blaine's claims to debunk them or verify them through multiple sources.  No one takes something that Blaine has said which cannot be independently verified or which can be outright debunked and presents it as fact.  When something Gary claims is debunked (like the reverend's handwriting), Gary tends to double down and accuse everyone else of "not wanting the case solved" because they have shown what he is presenting as the key forensic evidence linking Best to Z is BS.  That should tell you something about how much he really wants the case solved, btw.

fxbby74
SFPD

July 9th, 2018, 1:20 am #98

Before I get back to the nonsense .

I wanted to discuss the attacks and first claim letters . One of the items that has come under assault a bit is my use of the calendar , be it zodiac or Gregorian.

I think the attacks and claiming letters work with my findings here’s Another aspect of it .

He waits 223 days to claim the first attack , then he waits 27 days from the 7/4 attack ( I know they over lap ) then 7/31 he finally claims them both . For a guy with an Ego and seemed to like to brag why did he wait ? In the 7/31 letters the 8/4 letter and the car door he goes out of his way to make sure that everyone knows he attacked on 7/4 not 7/5 . He specifically mentions 4th of July . Why would this be important to him if dates didn’t matter ? Before I go on EVBJRS northern most point is at # 185 of the 408 using the entire cipher with a single section count of 49 . If you were to add RG to 49 you get 74. Day 185 is 7/4 Another one for Earl .

The Berryessa attack 927 he goes their and takes his time then before leaving he stakes his claim that very same day . Why not mail it like the rest , he wasn’t in a rush so why claim it right after ?

The stine attack on 10/11 , some speculate it was random somehow ? Why did he take something that could easily be mailed ? Something flat like a shirt which could be tucked in with a letter and no one would notice . Seems like he had planned it to me . He took his time at that scene as well .

So he runs home and most likely at some point within 36 hours writes a letter with a piece of the shirt and mails it off . Why rush it , why does he need to claim it so quickly ? Why not wait he had the evidence he could mail it whenever he wanted .

I know why he needed specific dates . 731 927 and 1013 . These dates happen to add up exactly to All the positions of Earl Van Best jr in the 408 .

So he sits on his hands for months to claim the first two attacks , then the next two he claims both within 2 days total . To me anyways it looks like something is going on their .

Mike

fxbby74
SFPD

July 11th, 2018, 1:39 am #99

Back to the nonsense for the moment .  See where this has gone . Hey I found the zodiac birthday within the positions of EVBJR  that matches up to him . Did you know that Gary is a bad person ? What ? Might as well answered with , did you know the sun is about 93 million miles away from the earth ? About the same value . Relevance please . The real question is why would a couple of people bring handwriting into this in the first place ? It has nothing to do with the 408 or what I found .

I haven’t forgotten you cherry picker accusers .

Mike

fxbby74
SFPD

July 11th, 2018, 2:39 am #100

340 found across the start and end positions of EVBJR in the unsolved 408 cipher . ( before the cipher is broken )

Where we find the start of Earl. 13th row column 11 letter N present   Where we find the end of the name 11th row column 15 R present .

Row x column. 13x11 = 143 ( look familiar ).  15x11 = 165.  Add up the start and end points = 308  + N (14) + R ( 18) = 340  so before I continue the beginning and end of Earl Van Best Jr  land at the right row and column with the right cipher text to = 340

To continue in the second section the same above points the start of Earl  is 79  the end of the name J R is 49 I’m going to break these numbers up and add the single digits 7+9  and 4+9  so 16 and 13 because we are going across the name I’m going to multiply these numbers 16x13 = 208

Ok I’ll pause again here , I should not be able to do what I’m about to do , the start and end fall in the right row and right columns for both , the perfect cipher text is present , then the right positions . Random does not work like this . Again I shouldn’t find ALL  the right parts to do this . Notice too that row and column were used to create 340 , and position by count is used to create 208 All pretty much seperate items . Should not happen like this if it was random .

One other item here when you solve the cipher you Have NE at one end and RG at the other R = 7 N = 14. Or 714 Earl Van Best Jrs birthday across his name . So if your counting you have the right row twice , the right column twice , the right cipher letters RN , the right positions by count twice 49 and 79 and when it is solved the right letters to form his birthday across his name . This should not happen !

So I’m looking at 2 specific points start and finish of his name . With his birthday 714 .

So I’m going to add 714 to 340 X 208 get ready .............

71434 EARL VAN BEST JR is the Zodiac

Mike

Is someone can find 210.1 x 340 that would be great , he spent some time building this . Yes before someone points it out I added across to make 340 and then I multiplied across , I still shouldn’t be able to find his birthday , complete birthday , or 340  from 2 positions the start and end points of his name  in the cipher . Astronomical .