EARLVANBESTJR is the ZODIAC

THE MOST DANGEROUS ANIMAL OF ALLTHUMBS DOWN!!!
Discussion of this new Zodiac book by author Gary L. Stewart should be posted here
Zoni-13
Zoni-13

June 10th, 2018, 4:24 am #61

I can't say that what you are doing isn't correct, fxbby74. I guess I need to take a day or two and really try to see the connections you do. That's a tall order for me, because my brain isn't geared for this type of puzzle. But, Zodiac is a calendar, a watch, a boat, and a car. Maybe some other things that I'm not aware of, as well. If I started to study everything about one of these other items, and looked at dates, and looked for patterns that fit with Z suspects, do you think I'd find anything interesting?

So far, nobody has flat out said, you are wrong...and here's why. You are aware, though, that there is a member in the Code thread posting similar solutions about Gyke. And a few more on this site. Anyways, not trying to beat up on you, you are persistent with what you are posting. I'm going to sit down, read the whole thread, and maybe I'll finally understand it. I'd at least like a better grasp on your method, which I don't at this time.

I-Love-You
Old Newbie
I-Love-You
Old Newbie

June 10th, 2018, 5:34 am #62

fxbby74 wrote:
Paradice wrote: What I mean is how sometimes you know to use the Gregorian calendar and other times you know to use Z calendar.  Or, sometimes you add all the dates and sometimes you subtract a certain number of days.  I guess you have just had a lot of time to think about these things, but if you were presenting this theory in the early 70's, I would be highly suspicious of you being Z.

So, by plugging things in I meant that you knew when to multiply or add or subtract or .... Not that you were randomly selecting numbers and throwing them in, hope that clarifies my point.
Thanks Paradice ,

A few people have claimed that I’m pulling numbers from out of the air or even cherry picking .  So I guess when I read that I’m plugging things in I instinctively plug that comment in with the others . now I know what you mean anyways ... not that I’m just pulling numbers out of the air or ignoring some .  

I have admitted in the past that even if I’m wrong with some of this and or it’s just coincidence it doesn’t dismiss the strength of the rest .  Someone was even questioning me recently about the use of the Zodiac calendar , talk about cherry picking , the murderer called himself the Zodiac .

So let’s look at that first , let’s say that he didn’t use the Zodiac calendar . Earlvanbest jr still falls on the number 115 because the 408 was broken into 3 parts so I broke the whole numbers into 3 seperate parts and presto an absolute match to the zodiac calendar . Then the author of the 408 happens to call himself Zodiac 4 days later . I don’t think people actually understand the odds against this happening are .

So I believe he manipulated math and coded his identity into his body of work , based on the fact that he sent coded messages and spoke of his name and identity right out of the gate .

He gave us his attacks he highlighted them , he highlighted his messages , he sends one message for the first two attack’s , gives us one the same day as the 3rd and then waits 2 days after a 4th attack . I’m giving you why I looked at the attacks and letters by date . He highlighted them .

So to your larger point how do you know....  from the above . The 4 attacks using the Zodiac calendar = 773  the 408 was mailed in 3 sections of 8 or 888   888-773 = 115 again no their suspect can claim this . Again I took a big chance looking at the Zodiac calendar when we have a killer named Zodiac .  

The 3 first letters after his 4 attacks add up to a number 2671 that matches the exact positions of EVBJR in the 408 a complete group = to a complete group that’s why I added them up.  Even if you want to bury your ( not yours ) head in the sand , these seperate items all add up to the same number .

The 4 highlighted attacks 1220 74 927 1011 added as a group = 3232

The months and days 12 20 7 4 9 27 10 11 added = 100 add those to the whole number and we get 3332 ,  say you don’t like that even though the month and day are from the same whole numbers .  At EVBJR in the 408 are the letters not used N VBEKHFGWT happen to = 118 not only do we have a major cipher mailed #. ....  the first initial positions using the single section EVBJ  = 340 also if you add first number 7 + 1 + 3  11 4 + 4 = 8 118 340 was mailed 100 days after the 408 .  So you have now 3332 this name in the 408 has a birthday 7x14x34 = 3332 again no one can claim this match either . Paradice I wondered how he might code his identity thus the idea about 3332 and the highlighted attacks .

I added up the days to his birthday from the first 2 attacks because the 408 was mailed in the middle of the 4 we get 216 a match to the day of year he called himself the Zodiac . This is probably something you question ? If he used the zodiac calendar to represent himself why wouldn’t he use the Gregorian calendar as well . All of the above I listed were added groups .

This would be based on Again he sent us a code , ( he asked if the police were having fun with the code ) in the letters with the 408 he says cipher , which is a code but I think he was hinting at someone else .
(4) 3 2 1 (0) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (8)
43 42 41 87 86 85 84 83 82 81 = 714 3 2 1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 = 34  good thing he decided to make the cipher symmetrical  when he broke it up into 3 sections and didn’t use the last 18 positions “  signed the Zodiac . “  I’ll just wait for 4 days before I tell them who I am .

Paradice I hope this clears Some of this ? Here’s one I think you might be talking about the first 3 attacks by zodiac Gregorian calendar 354 185  270 plus month and day =888. the last attack in the first “3” where he dresses up and claims his attack the very same day it occurs . Again I’m adding because it’s a group looking at the normal calendar I’m looking at calendars because he called himself the zodiac .

Mike
How do you determine what method to use? Sometimes you add numbers, sometimes you multiply - what dictates which method you use?
And how do you determine which set of numbers to use and smash together? "months and days 12 20 7 4 9 27 10 11 added = 100 add those to the whole number and we get 3332" how did you pick those specific time periods and then choose to "add" them instead of subtract them to the "whole number." If you subtract them, you get a completely different final number.

What's hard for a non-code person to understand is why/how those numbers and methodology is picked. Once on an airplane flight, just for fun and to kill time, I actually just made a random code. It as totally off the top of my head, meant nothing, just random numbers and letters and symbols.
Then spent about an hour basically just playing with the letters and numbers until I could turn them into my name and birthday. Then I did the same thing and manipulated it to make out my boyfriend's name and birthday.  TINY example - the number 72.  The possibilities could be: 72, 7 X 2 = 14;  7 - 2 = 5; 7+2 = 9.  So I can use multiple different results from 72.  And not just other numbers! I can say 7 equals July. Or the number of victims. Or the days until a certain date on the calender. I can just use 7 until I find something that ties it to my case.
And from there, you can again make multiple numbers/letters come out. 14 can become "1" can be how many of anything. 4 can be a number representing anything. 1 and 4 - this is our first time to travel to Florida and our 4th overall vacation. Or 14 is 1 + 4 = 5. We started dating on the 5th. Or we started dating in May, the fifth month. Or 5 is how many letters there are in my name. Or his middle name.   Does that make sense? To the non-code person, it seems like it is easy to manipulate letters and numbers to make them end up equaling anything we want?

Not questioning your methods at all. It is really quite fascinating. You have more brain power for this kind of stuff than I do!!! Just trying to understand how it works.

fxbby74
SFPD

June 10th, 2018, 4:17 pm #63

Zoni-13 wrote: I can't say that what you are doing isn't correct, fxbby74. I guess I need to take a day or two and really try to see the connections you do. That's a tall order for me, because my brain isn't geared for this type of puzzle. But, Zodiac is a calendar, a watch, a boat, and a car. Maybe some other things that I'm not aware of, as well. If I started to study everything about one of these other items, and looked at dates, and looked for patterns that fit with Z suspects, do you think I'd find anything interesting?

So far, nobody has flat out said, you are wrong...and here's why. You are aware, though, that there is a member in the Code thread posting similar solutions about Gyke. And a few more on this site. Anyways, not trying to beat up on you, you are persistent with what you are posting. I'm going to sit down, read the whole thread, and maybe I'll finally understand it. I'd at least like a better grasp on your method, which I don't at this time.
Zoni thanks for the reply ,

You might be able to find items / dates which would be interesting ? Your talking about outside a Zodiac work I believe ? Earl Van best Jr is found within the 408 a cipher sent by the Zodiac . Even if he referenced Zodiac implying that he was a vessel to the afterlife or something ? His name still lands perfectly on a number which belongs to his birthday using the zodiac calendar . No small feat .

I appreciate you looking back into the thread , you may want to look at the code section for EVBJR as well , I have items in their to ( lots of them ) One mistake I made in my earlier postings is not explaining properly or even adding a quick drawing etc to show what I found . Much easier to follow if you can see it . Stupid of me but not everyone is up to date on the 408 etc ... I was caught in between boring some and always trying to over explain at times .

If your referencing Daniel as one of the posters here with the codes . He has worked very hard on the codes . He like me wants this solved . He is the one who actually spotted Earl in the 408 . I’ve been the one trying to validate it being their .

Thanks again for the reply , let me know what you think I will be happy to break things down further . I need to go back thru some of my findings add pics etc clean them up .

Mike

I love you I will get to you a little later thanks for your post as well .

Frosty-Uk

June 10th, 2018, 6:05 pm #64

"How do you determine what method to use? "

That's the kicker, with the greatest respect to anyone putting the hours in - if the method chosen is invented to suit a certain angle it's more than likely fictitious. If you can lay weight behind the method that's a different story but nobody can and why is that?

fxbby74
SFPD

June 10th, 2018, 10:42 pm #65

Frosty-Uk wrote: "How do you determine what method to use? "

That's the kicker, with the greatest respect to anyone putting the hours in - if the method chosen is invented to suit a certain angle it's more than likely fictitious. If you can lay weight behind the method that's a different story but nobody can and why is that?
UK ,

Methodology , let’s keep it simple , someone sends a cipher broken into 3 parts . 4 days later he calls himself the Zodiac .

The number 100 broken into 3 parts as an example 1/0/0 added = 1 . How many characters is the 3 part cipher ? 408 total , were the 3 seperate parts meant to be put together after they were separated . Yes . We add them together .

Thus after separating 185 202 215 216 217 218 219 232 233 234 249 251 the Earl Van Best JR positions we add and get 115 , 4 days later the murderer calls himself the Zodiac . If we use that calendar and go out 115 days we land on 7/14 the birthday of the persons name where we found the positions in the first place . Scary right .

This match leads me to believe that the Zodiac uses the calendar , dates , and numbers to represent his names location in the 408 and also his identity so he groups numbers together Those same numbers the complete EVBJR positions add to 2671 the first claim note / letters 731 927 1013 = 2671

So that 3 part cipher meant to be broken and viewed as a whole , was broken into groups of 8 so we have 888 . Look at Zodiacs confirmed murders ( which he gave us and claimed ) use Zodiac calendar day 274 105 190 204 the above matching 115 From EARLVANBESTJR all together add up to 888 All using the same method . Or if it makes you feel better those 4 attacks = 773 - the format of the 408 ( his here I am cipher ) = 115

I didn’t create the methodology Zodiac did when he divided the 408 into 3 parts and called himself the ZODIAC .

I will get into some more later .

Mike

fxbby74
SFPD

June 12th, 2018, 11:14 am #66

I will break this down better later with some reasoning behind it .

731 first claim of his previous attacks
84 continues his explanation of the first 2 attacks
927 leaves note on car door claiming 3rd attack
1013 sends letter claiming stine attack
118 no mention of the attacks other than noted at the bottom gives us the 340 cipher .
119 gives more details of the stine murder , tells police he will no longer give details and confess etc ...

First letter 731 and last letter regarding the 4 confirmed attacks 119

731 + 84 + 927 + 1013 + 118 + 119 + 340 = 3332

The four attacks 1220 + 12 + 20 + 74 + 7 + 4 + 927 + 9 + 27 + 1013 + 10 +13 = 3332

Earl Van best Jr birth date 7 14 34 7x14 x 34 = 3332

Mike

Frosty-Uk

June 15th, 2018, 9:25 pm #67

Thing is Mike, the only fact nestled within that is...

"Someone sends a cipher broken into 3 parts . 4 days later he calls himself the Zodiac ."

After that point it's just a combination of numbers and equasions that suit an argument. I'll leave you to it, and who knows you may turn out to be right in which case a huge hat tip. I just can't see it personally.

fxbby74
SFPD

June 16th, 2018, 1:08 am #68

Frosty-Uk wrote: Thing is Mike, the only fact nestled within that is...

"Someone sends a cipher broken into 3 parts . 4 days later he calls himself the Zodiac ."

After that point it's just a combination of numbers and equasions that suit an argument. I'll leave you to it, and who knows you may turn out to be right in which case a huge hat tip. I just can't see it personally.
UK ,

All I did was look . I looked at what Zodiac did with the 408 divided into 3 and applied it to all the positions at Earl Van bests name . I didn’t know what I would find . I shouldn’t have found 115 . A match with Zodiac , but I did . You are implying that I’m making this up or something .

He then turned around and called himself Zodiac which in turn gave that 115 number meaning . It’s what it is , that’s the only number those 36 individual numbers can add to . I certainly didn’t put a complete name in the 408 with the right numbers to add up to his perfect zodiac birthday . I didn’t divide up the 408 into 3 parts , he did . The numbers I showed divided up into 3 seperate numbers and added = 115

you do understand that their are millions of combinations of 12 in the 408 and if I did the same exact thing as I have shown based on the 408 , millions of them wouldn’t add to 115 and of those 115 number that you found how many do you think would come from the positions of a complete name ? I think you don’t understand the odds against this happening . How many perfect matches do you think you could find , not many if any . So I’m a nut shell you shouldn’t expect to find a match of zodiac birthday to a name .

Is their anything zodiac did that you consider as relevant ? Or do you pick and choose what is relevant?

Still waiting for the you can turn a name into anything from you . You might have a problem with your statement , first off you will have a hard time finding complete names , also I actually used the numbers I found all of them from that complete name . Let me know . Remember to share your work .

Mike

June 16th, 2018, 5:40 am #69

fxbby74, There was not a Zodiac crime on 3-21, Kathleen Johns was on 3-22, that is changing the facts.
People often make things fit their suspect by changing the numbers or changing the symbols to make the name they need to appear in a cipher. 

fxbby74
SFPD

June 16th, 2018, 12:35 pm #70

sandy betts wrote: fxbby74, There was not a Zodiac crime on 3-21, Kathleen Johns was on 3-22, that is changing the facts.
People often make things fit their suspect by changing the numbers or changing the symbols to make the name they need to appear in a cipher. 
Sandy ,

I never said their was a Zodiac crime on 3/21 , I have never mentioned Kathleen Johns ever  until this reply .  

This is the second time you have come at me with alternative stuff . Once before you accused me of making up numbers so then I showed you that I wasn’t , even though I had already shown my work previous.

I’m glad you brought a “possible “ zodiac victim into this . By your statement above she is a definite Zodiac victim on a specific date see how unknowns become facts . We don’t know that she was do we ? The date you mention also becomes meaningless if we can’t prove she was a victim . Three made up facts by you .Kathleen Johns zodiac victim , the alleged date , and that she somehow has anything to do with my findings . Again never mentioned her or any zodiac crime on 3/21  .

That works into a point I was trying to make to UK . When and what do you choose is relevant regarding Zodiac ? Do you cherry pick , he seemed to do things in 3 whole thread here about that , why ?  . When you divide numbers up into 3 from a name and get a result that people don’t like then 3 becomes irrelevant. Use a calendar based off the name he gave us and that doesn’t seem to mean anything either .

He divides his first ciphers and letters into 3 groups  but doesn’t do this again . That’s where we find EVBJR in the 408 3 part cipher  . Break the positions of his name into 3 seperate numbers and add and we get a match to the zodiac calendar . He couldn’t have possibly coded his identity into a cipher . What would possibly give anyone that idea . Nothing to see here .

For the numerous people who think you can find anything in the ciphers and have stated same . Find me Led Zeppelin with Robert Plants birthday within that name .  I’m sure Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant  made it into the chronicle at some point so we should be able to find that name and his zodiac birthday  in the 408 .

Mike

I forgot you actually made up a 4th item about my work . I haven’t changed anything . All the letters and numbers are the actual letters and numbers directly from the 408 , all of them , I applied 3 as a key to the positions of his name where it is exactly found in the cipher . Then I used Zodiac as another Key . Every item based on what he did and called himself .