September 24th, 2008, 2:46 am #21

I heard from John Mikulenka today. No guarantees yet, but he is going to try and have the DVD version of his film available to purchase at the event...which means I'll bug him until he agrees to speak again this year. (He was great in 2007.)The reason there has been a delay in making the film available is that John wanted to stream it from the Internet, and that process has been a nightmare. The film is all done as far as I know, so it's a matter of dubbing it to DVD.But no guarantees! I'm hopeful, though...and I know a lot of you have been asking me what's up with the film. But there are other threads to discuss it, so let's get back to Guest Speakers.

vscantu
DOJ

September 24th, 2008, 5:05 am #22

Thanks for posting that, Nachtsider. I'm sure it gives us all hope that we can finally get our hands on this historic, yet-to-be-released video. It should sell more copies even than Kaufman's book!

goldhelmet

September 24th, 2008, 5:16 am #23

Was the movie edited/updated for Gaik?

Tracers
DOJ

September 24th, 2008, 5:43 am #24

Thanks for posting that, Nachtsider. I'm sure it gives us all hope that we can finally get our hands on this historic, yet-to-be-released video. It should sell more copies even than Kaufman's book!
so are you equating John Mikulenka with Dennis Kaufman? If so, why? If not, please stop these comparisons, as they are insulting.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

September 24th, 2008, 5:47 am #25

No. John is about making quality films. It was a project from the heart. If he wanted a quick buck he would have made it abailable three years ago, or updated it with Tarrance, Gaikowski, etc.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

September 24th, 2008, 5:48 am #26

so are you equating John Mikulenka with Dennis Kaufman? If so, why? If not, please stop these comparisons, as they are insulting.
I don't think he is. I hope not!

Still Q
DOJ

September 24th, 2008, 7:34 pm #27

A possible option is uploading it to "VEOH" and running a ad for the purchase of the DVD.Some very sucessful film makers have allowed their films to be viewed on Google/You Tube with positive results... VEOH is just one of thoise options.I've mentioned this to John for his consideration.Another is http://www.supernovatube.com/ Their motto is: "We work WITH uploaders,Not Against them"***

vscantu
DOJ

September 27th, 2008, 2:53 pm #28

Tracers posted:"vscantu wrote: Thanks for posting that, Nachtsider. I'm sure it gives us all hope that we can finally get our hands on this historic, yet-to-be-released video. It should sell more copies even than Kaufman's book! Tracers wrote:so are you equating John Mikulenka with Dennis Kaufman? If so, why? If not, please stop these comparisons, as they are insulting."Victor writes: Tracers, please stop trying to put words into my mouth. Kaufman is on the exact opposite spectrum of John Mikulenka. You should know that by now.Tom wrote:"Tracers posted: vscantu wrote: Thanks for posting that, Nachtsider. I'm sure it gives us all hope that we can finally get our hands on this historic, yet-to-be-released video. It should sell more copies even than Kaufman's book! Tracers wrote: so are you equating John Mikulenka with Dennis Kaufman? If so, why? If not, please stop these comparisons, as they are insulting. Tom wrote: I don't think he is. I hope not!"Of course you're right, Tom. I was lucky enough to catch "Hunting The Zodiac" with everyone at last years Zodiac Task Force Gathering in SF. It is excellent quality and would make a great DVD. John is a helluva nice guy and super funny, too, so he should get any satirical references and good-natured kidding.Having said that, it is a little frustrating, however, having seen it over a year ago and still not being able to purchase a copy.Hopefully John will have it ready for us to buy at the Zodiac Gathering in December.

goldhelmet

October 20th, 2008, 2:34 am #29

No. John is about making quality films. It was a project from the heart. If he wanted a quick buck he would have made it abailable three years ago, or updated it with Tarrance, Gaikowski, etc.
I never thought John was trying to make a quick buck. I am one of the first people in line who want to purchase this video. I was just thinking that an update with a Gyke chapter would perhaps have been done to tell a more complete story, since Gyke seems to be the most compelling suspect ever. But I don't know the format of the film either. Jack Tarrance is another story all together. He's not even worth discussing. Regardless, I look forward to purchasing John's film, as I'm sure it will be an excellent piece of work.

Rembrandt
DOJ

December 31st, 2008, 5:44 pm #30

Any chance the DVD will be available for sale in the near future?
"Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace." -The Boondock Saints-