Devil/Devil/Devil

Discussion of Zodiac's Button letter should be posted here

Devil/Devil/Devil

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

January 22nd, 2009, 6:24 am #1

The Bermuda Triangle and the Devil's Triangle of Japan are said to be the only two places on Earth where a magnetic compass points to true north instead of magnetic north. Who knows if it is true, but it is at least a popular myth.The Zodiac chose to pinpoint the peak of Mt Diablo (Mt Devil) when mentioning magnetic north in his June 26, 1970 letter. However, the cipher contained with the letter featured three triangle symbols, not two, with one ominously in black and placed directly above the Zodiac's cross-circle symbol:I believe the reason Zodiac included the map pinpointing the peak of Mt Diablo (Mt Devil), rather than to simply include his magnetic north reference in the letter, was to draw attention to a third tragic triangle.If you connect Zodiac's northernmost murder and westernmost murder with Mt Diablo, you get a third horrible triangle to go along with Bermuda and Devil's, with Zodiac's other known murders contained within:Now we have three tragic triangles.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

January 22nd, 2009, 9:20 am #2

The darkened triangle reminds me of the Lake Berryessa hood, and the cross-circle symbol below reminds me of what Zodiac wore on his chest.

January 23rd, 2009, 3:07 am #3

And the strange symbol next to the dark triangle could be an outline of the head and shoulders.

January 29th, 2009, 12:35 am #4

It would be interesting if someone could graphically take the black triangle and use it as the top of the hood. Place the black square on the first line under it. Then put the symbol to the left of the black triangle on this figure, so it forms a head and shoulder outline. Then place the Zodiac symbol under the black triangle and use it for the symbol on the hood. It may be totally wrong, but I'd love to see it. (I wish I could do these kinds of graphic maneuvers that NIN and others are so good at.)

November 17th, 2009, 4:15 pm #5

THE EYE OF DIABLO: THE DEVIL'S EYEZodiac had a fascination with looking, peeking, and eyes. One of the most prominent landmarks at Mt. Diablo is the "Eye of Diablo" -- the Devil's Eye. Here's a link to a story with pictures:http://www.savemountdiablo.org/DiabloWa ... atchSP.pdf

November 19th, 2009, 7:46 pm #6

Good one rand! Read most of it. MT.'Devil' was certainly of interest to Z. Devil's "Eye" interesting too...