RKZ
RKZ

June 28th, 2018, 10:59 pm #111

It appears that the identification of Rackstraw is down to "coded" sentences in a couple of letters?

So....how do investigators know what they key to the code is?

This sentence is making me shake my head:

“I was definitely shocked his name was in there. That’s what I was looking for and everything added up to that,” he said."

Gosh...that sounds an awful lot like Z researchers who try to solve the ciphers by plugging Z suspects' names into them, dividing the numerical value of each letter by 666, etc. If you're ALREADY looking for a guy's name in a cipher, you're going to do what you can to interpret your findings to tailor the conclusion you want to reach. Are we sure that the people who "solved" this really just didn't WANT Rackstraw's name to appear in the letter and thus allowed the desired outcome influence what they found? Are we even sure these letters are actually "coded" in some way? From reading a reprint of the letter, it just sounds like a guy taunting the cops. If there's a "code" in there, then I'd love to see how these guys were able to discern any kind of pattern in order to find the key to it. From where I stand their "solution" sounds like guesswork with a heapin' helpin' of wishful thinking sprinkled on top.
MELVILLE EATS BLUBBER

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

June 28th, 2018, 11:07 pm #112

It's crap.

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

June 28th, 2018, 11:09 pm #113

Cooper had olive skin. Female stewardesses know how to describe a man, and Cooper had olive skin. And they also would have spotted makeup.

I don't know who Cooper was, but I would bet he had olive skin. And likely died upon impact.

mini17
Old Newbie
mini17
Old Newbie

June 29th, 2018, 10:07 am #114

the suspect looks very close like the sketch.. anothr one dwn i guess.. 2018 rocks!
Im no expert.. im just a human

BugsMoran
DOJ

June 29th, 2018, 12:37 pm #115

I have long considered Robert Rakestraw the number 1 suspect in the D.B. Cooper, but when the flight attendant dismissed him very quickly I began to have misgivings. Rakestraw certainly had the training, motivation and nerve to be D.B.Cooper, but that woman saw him close up and spoke with him. The FBI dismissed him as a suspect over 40 years ago. The chances of anybody surviving such a jump would be 1 in 100.

dirtyharry18
dirtyharry18

July 9th, 2018, 5:45 pm #116

TomVoigt wrote: Cooper had olive skin. Female stewardesses know how to describe a man, and Cooper had olive skin. And they also would have spotted makeup.

I don't know who Cooper was, but I would bet he had olive skin. And likely died upon impact.
I've always been puzzled by why some amateurs and the media tend to latch onto suspects that clearly don't match Cooper's description. As you know, it happens a lot in the Zodiac case as well. Smh.