Tahoe27
DOJ

July 29th, 2012, 3:57 pm #71

Butterbach's report states he saw David grasping the ring that way, while at the hospital.It's written in the report that way and that is the way he describes it on video.If it was clenched in his hand...I could maybe understand his muscles spasiming or something...but, not with the way Butterbach describes it.It's just odd.
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

July 30th, 2012, 1:41 pm #72

I've always thought there was no more to the ring than a HS kid preparing to ask a HS girl to go steady. And then Z appears, and the ring is a totally mute point to David from there on. I'm sure Z wasn't even aware of it, and if he was he could care less.

March 9th, 2013, 6:09 pm #73

Most of you are too young to remember the song "Teen Angel". Here is one of the verses that reminded me of David's ring : "They said they found my high school ring clutched in your fingers tight". The teen aged girl in this song was the same age as Betty Lou 16 , it had to do with a car and her running back.

We know that Zodiac was into lyrics, I wonder did he ever think about that song?

March 13th, 2013, 9:09 am #74

Sandy....I was born in '52, Teen Angel became a hit at the end of '59.  I remember it well and it's story.  I'm sure Z was a bit older than me, so I'm sure he knew the song.  It made it to number 1 in US and England.  Many places banned the song...Too gory I guess.  My how times have changed.