fxbby74
fxbby74

12:51 AM - Jan 19, 2018 #411

gunmod wrote:
Unsolvable wrote: Why would the Zodiac leave his name in a cipher? That's just stupid. I assume we're talking about the ciphers. If it's just the normal text that's even worse.
To be fair, the Zodiac had/has an immense ego.
He was challenged by the crypto community to make an unbreakable cipher with his name, hence the Z340.
when zodiac came onto the scene with the 3 part cipher , what does he do , he teases everyone with the reward of his identity once the code was broken . I want to point that out that he was at the very least thinking about his identity . He then states I won't give you my namE V/B ......I actually think this is just his way of saying I'm not just going to hand it over to you , you have to find it .

I'm glad you mention the 340 . I personally do not believe the 340 is a real cipher like the 408 . I do believe their are items placed within it , but not a complete cipher . The 340 was coming no matter what .

The letters in EARL VAN BEST JR s name which can be inverted total 340 . Then the positions of EVBJ first initials = 340 the total of the cipher letters within his names positions = 118 , the 340 mail date and EVBJR stacked BDAY number .

Mike

gunmod
gunmod

1:54 AM - Jan 19, 2018 #412

fxbby74 wrote:
gunmod wrote:
Unsolvable wrote: Why would the Zodiac leave his name in a cipher? That's just stupid. I assume we're talking about the ciphers. If it's just the normal text that's even worse.
He was challenged by the crypto community to make an unbreakable cipher with his name, hence the Z340.
when zodiac came onto the scene with the 3 part cipher , what does he do , he teases everyone with the reward of his identity once the code was broken .  I want to point that out that he was at the very least thinking about his identity . He then states I won't give you my namE V/B ......I actually think this is just his way of saying I'm not just going to hand it over to you , you have to find it .  

I'm glad you mention the 340 . I personally do not believe the 340 is a real cipher like the 408 . I do believe their are items placed within it , but not a complete cipher .  The 340 was coming no matter what .

The  letters in EARL VAN BEST JR s name which can be inverted total 340 .  Then the positions  of EVBJ first initials = 340  the total of the cipher letters within his names positions = 118 , the 340 mail date and EVBJR  stacked BDAY number .

Mike
At this point, with a lot of suspects that fit the MO, without access to the completed ciphers, it's still a big guess at this point.

I still think "Z" wanted to be caught. On some level all serial killers have moments of clarity where they understand what monsters they've become.
In fact, "Z" claimed to want to be stopped at least once.
That's why most serial killers go pretty peacefully once captured (Ted Bundy being an exception of course).

Until someone like TomV gets more evidence or someone from the case reaches out or the ciphers are 100% solved, it's still a guessing game.

Speaking of Tom, his latest message about contact with retired FBI might throw some light on the case.
Z was before my time in law enforcement, but I do have some contacts I have been trying to convince to get access to restriction info.
So far, they are worried about stepping on other agencies toes.
But, I keep plucking away.

You probably know this, but just putting this for others as well:
Cold cases can cause just as much competition and pissing contests as fresh cases.
Cold cases can actually be worse, because some hot shot guy from another agency solves your cold case, it makes that agency that had the evidence and didn't solve the case, look bad.
A lot of animosity exists between local and federal agents.
In a perfect world, different departments would share everything with each other for the betterment of enforcing the law and catching the bad guys, but egos, budgets, law suites, etc all stand in the way of that perfect work relationship.

db2010
db2010

11:31 AM - Jan 19, 2018 #413

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
z y x w v u t s r q p o n m l k j i h g f e d c b a

z = a
o = m
d = w
i = r
a = z
c = x
n = n

fxbby74
fxbby74

3:27 AM - Jan 20, 2018 #414

gunmod wrote:
fxbby74 wrote:
gunmod wrote:

when zodiac came onto the scene with the 3 part cipher , what does he do , he teases everyone with the reward of his identity once the code was broken .  I want to point that out that he was at the very least thinking about his identity . He then states I won't give you my namE V/B ......I actually think this is just his way of saying I'm not just going to hand it over to you , you have to find it .  

I'm glad you mention the 340 . I personally do not believe the 340 is a real cipher like the 408 . I do believe their are items placed within it , but not a complete cipher .  The 340 was coming no matter what .

The  letters in EARL VAN BEST JR s name which can be inverted total 340 .  Then the positions  of EVBJ first initials = 340  the total of the cipher letters within his names positions = 118 , the 340 mail date and EVBJR  stacked BDAY number .

Mike
At this point, with a lot of suspects that fit the MO, without access to the completed ciphers, it's still a big guess at this point.

I still think "Z" wanted to be caught. On some level all serial killers have moments of clarity where they understand what monsters they've become.
In fact, "Z" claimed to want to be stopped at least once.
That's why most serial killers go pretty peacefully once captured (Ted Bundy being an exception of course).

Until someone like TomV gets more evidence or someone from the case reaches out or the ciphers are 100% solved, it's still a guessing game.

Speaking of Tom, his latest message about contact with retired FBI might throw some light on the case.
Z was before my time in law enforcement, but I do have some contacts I have been trying to convince to get access to restriction info.
So far, they are worried about stepping on other agencies toes.
But, I keep plucking away.

You probably know this, but just putting this for others as well:
Cold cases can cause just as much competition and pissing contests as fresh cases.
Cold cases can actually be worse, because some hot shot guy from another agency solves your cold case, it makes that agency that had the evidence and didn't solve the case, look bad.
A lot of animosity exists between local and federal agents.
In a perfect world, different departments would share everything with each other for the betterment of enforcing the law and catching the bad guys, but egos, budgets, law suites, etc all stand in the way of that perfect work relationship.
I need to take this further on my own . I actually started posting here hoping for a flow of info , a back and forth sort of thing , moving ever so closer to solving this , with finally an end. The more I dig the more it comes up EVBJR. For what it is worth if it came up GYKE as an example I would be posting that .  Tom V doesn't believe EVBJR is the zodiac no matter what I discover. tom I appreciate the site and the work you do , I also understand the frustrations of everyone coming out of the woodwork with claims etc.  In a way i'm glad that no one else here for the most part has taken this up , EVBJR that is :)   I have asked several times ( to all the Z experts here ) if their is anyone else who remotely comes close to what I have discovered regarding him and the codes. Met with silence. I was hoping other people here that want this solved would start asking the same question. The answer is no by the way. His birthday is even in ( 4 ) 3 2 1 ( 0 ) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ( 8 ) with his name being in the Halloween card as well. still need to post that , its been on my computer for like 2 years ( only tried recently to post its time ) but in a format that doesn't want to download here , I will redo it soon and post.  I could go on and on. 

thank you for wanting to get to the bottom of this. My next post will point directly at EVBJR again. 

Mike Hallifax

fxbby74
fxbby74

3:40 AM - Jan 20, 2018 #415

Point 233 EVBJRS zodiac bday  day of year 115 + 118 his birthday added in columns with his birthday 7th letter N N + T  7 /14 /34  3 birthdays 
Scan0022.jpg

gunmod
gunmod

4:44 AM - Jan 20, 2018 #416

fxbby74 wrote: I need to take this further on my own . I actually started posting here hoping for a flow of info , a back and forth sort of thing , moving ever so closer to solving this , with finally an end. The more I dig the more it comes up EVBJR. For what it is worth if it came up GYKE as an example I would be posting that .  Tom V doesn't believe EVBJR is the zodiac no matter what I discover. tom I appreciate the site and the work you do , I also understand the frustrations of everyone coming out of the woodwork with claims etc.  In a way i'm glad that no one else here for the most part has taken this up , EVBJR that is :)   I have asked several times ( to all the Z experts here ) if their is anyone else who remotely comes close to what I have discovered regarding him and the codes. Met with silence. I was hoping other people here that want this solved would start asking the same question. The answer is no by the way. His birthday is even in ( 4 ) 3 2 1 ( 0 ) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ( 8 ) with his name being in the Halloween card as well. still need to post that , its been on my computer for like 2 years ( only tried recently to post its time ) but in a format that doesn't want to download here , I will redo it soon and post.  I could go on and on. 

thank you for wanting to get to the bottom of this. My next post will point directly at EVBJR again. 

Mike Hallifax
I honestly don't think the problem is with people not wanting to share info, I think a lot of people might have trouble following your breaking down of the info.
I can see where you are going with it, but to some it might be a little complicated.

As far as your route goes, your guess could be as good or better than anyone else at this point.
I've had at least 4 suspects over the years I was almost 90% convinced were the ONE, but then new info would come out that would topple the likelihood of my favorite suspect as put them back at the bottom of the pile.

I wouldn't want anyone who has worked hard on this to get discouraged with their ideas or finds, just because someone else if focused on someone else.

My opinion is that regardless of who I think it is, or who Tom thinks it is, in the end, whoever lines up with provable evidence is the correct suspect.
I don't care if I'm wrong, as long as the right monster is caught, or at least, if he is already dead, the victims families can have some sort of closure knowing who the wolf in sheep's clothing really was.

Cipher
Cipher

3:59 AM - Jan 22, 2018 #417

fxbby74 wrote:
In the cipher attached is it possible he is saying something simple. Probably a silly idea. Her, first word. God end of first line. Then posh boy in third and second from bottom. I wonder is he referring to a couple. Her God, the Posh Boy. The Cipher being a rouse. I wonder if Zodiac is similar to EAR in a sense of possible revenge motives. Being teased or not fitting in....Posh is very London British as well. Language wise....

Also is there a thumb print in the middle of the Cipher? I added temperature to photo.

It seems to be a felt tip pen? someone practicing on pages attached or above this one because there is the indentation of a circle with a hole in it below another one. Lots of practice I'd say. Someone with a lot of free time on their hands. 

I know a lot of fingers point at Ross Sullivan as he fits the same profile as ALA in a way. A lot of presumptions. Big man, odd behaviour possible bad temper. Could be any one of a million people. Eye witness reports put girls talking to Ross on the wall where he used to sit. Maybe jealousy might be involved in him being looked at. The quiet strong type, who is a bit scary because he might not be well. Someone said he appeared from out of a bush. But he could have as easily been in there going for a slash. If he wasn't stalking the woman why just appear. It's still odd behaviour all the same. Another thing which gets to me about the Zodiac is the lack of any credible evidence on any of the suspects. After they pass away you might find something but either people do not want a family scandal or there's nothing. Odd for trophy hunting dresser uppers....
IMG_6977.JPG

ceve
Old Newbie
ceve
Old Newbie

3:16 PM - Feb 02, 2018 #418

TomVoigt wrote: (The original discussion thread about this new book had reached more than 1,100 posts, so today (June 19, 2014) I have decided to add several additional threads, including this one.)

The author believes Earl Van Best jr.'s name can be found in Zodiac's codes. Newbies are impressed. Are you? If not, why?

I am not impressed, as I could use the author's methods to find virtually any name in the ciphers.

Nothing new, people have been finding what they were looking for in this case for 45 years...
Hey folks, good morning, I tried to respond re: the double wanted sketch but the article was deleted? Anyway, what has struck me in the past when looking at the Original wanted drawing and the Amended drawing is: WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? Seriously, is there any demonstrable difference?

fxbby74
fxbby74

8:10 PM - Feb 11, 2018 #419

From 4/20 SF Chronicle letter about EARL VAN BEST. First off notice here that the my name is cipher was mailed on 4/20 , Zodiac also writes to Paul Avery with his Halloween card on 10/27 . Earl Van Best met Judy in October which is mentioned in the article , 10/27/61 was a Friday 

In the skeleton hand 30 with 14 in the palm 30x14 = 420

Earl Van BEST as written applying substitution A = 1 B= 2 etc   Earl Van Best = 119 Notice here as well that Zodiac wrote his busbomb letter 11/9 119 x 6 pages of that letter = 714 he also numbers each page 1/6 2/6 3/6 4/6 5/6 6/6 add those up you get 21/6  216 which hits B in best

Under EARL VAN BEST is MINISTER'S Son applying substitution again this = 174 Reading down the 408 and Earl Van Bests name you will come across ENV or the first 7th and 4th letters in descending order.  These positions also happen to be 888 positions 215 233 251 or 888 - 174 = 714

So EARLVANBEST + MINISTERS SON = 293 

I have shown already that if you take the EARLVANBEST POSITIONS counting down them in the complete cipher you get 185 202 215 216 217 218 219 232 233 234 249 251 if you add up these numbers individually 1 + 8 + 5 etc = 115 Which by some miracle happens to match up with Earl Van Bests birthday using the Zodiac calendar starting at 3/21 to 7/14 is 115 days

Also by some miracle when you take the 4 confirmed attacks and look at the day of year each one occurred using the Zodiac calendar 274 105 190 204 added these dates = 773  add to it 115 and you get 888 the 408 format.

Back too the 4/20 chronicle article EARLVANBEST + MINISTERS SON = 293 add 115 = 408 

the Halloween card also shows 408 4 eyes outside the tree trunk 1 in the knot and 8 in the trunk themselves or 408
, 13 eyes all together with 4 big ones offset alone. a match up to Earl Van BEST JR .

Also notice  How SECRET
                               PAL  is offset like EARLVANBEST over ministers son , I think a little shot at the author of the article as he uses that indentation to show his name EARL then below V arm up A arm down N hand to hand ...... 6 dots 6 letters left B ut then  4 TEEN  2 EE inverted N from KNIFE 3rd column 4T  or BEST 2 letters left blocked off eyes in the second skeleton you will find a J in the arm up and draped hand and the R inverted in the crossed legs . I just need to change the format and post the Pic  crazy I found this years ago posted it here and mentioned on 2 other sites and still haven't posted it. Notice how the name breaks down perfectly EARL in secret pal , VAN in the first skeleton , BEST and the 4 big eyes leaving two letters and then we find 2 blocked eyes with those in the 2nd skeleton. 

Mike Hallifax

He is the Zodiac , start with odds probability like say a DNA test , A creep makes his way into the newspapers , especially the chronicle with one of the articles being on 420. fast forward a few years there are some murders that the Zodiac wants to claim and take credit for , we find this creeps complete name in the 408. Stop their for a second is their any other suspect who was all over the papers and then had their complete  name found in the 408 cipher ?? What are the odds of this simple thing alone? How about Best backwards 2 5 91 2 = 100 + 1220 + 74 + 927 + 1011 = 3332  = 7x14x34  EVBJRS birthday What are the odds of these 6 things , newspaper article , 408 and the 4 attacks adding up to this persons birthday multiplied ? How about the 12 positions in the 408  all adding up to the persons Zodiac birthday ? how about 118 the unused letters , 340 found at EVBJ of that persons name, How about the total positions matching up to the dates added of the first claim of murder letters 731 927 1013 , 119 from EARLVANBEST how about 12/20 - 12/20 the only time I believe he did something on the same date , murders to a letter 365 days 195 day of year + 115 zodiac day of year  + 7 month  + 14 day  + 34 year  = 365 first Z attack 1220 + 714 = 1934  That's the entire first year of attacks letters etc all tied to EARLVANBESTJR Never mind everything else I have found.

Anybody have any suspect that does a 1/10 of this ? 

fxbby74
fxbby74

3:15 AM - Feb 20, 2018 #420

He's your boy

mike
Scan0031.jpg