July 24th, 2011, 1:21 pm #11

Ok thanks for explaining Janus, and I´m sorry for my misunderstanding
Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

Janus
Janus

July 24th, 2011, 1:32 pm #12

No problem at all, no need to be sorry! That's why we post here, so those smarter than us, or with fresh eyes, can point out any problems they see

Swahili
Old Newbie
Swahili
Old Newbie

August 5th, 2011, 9:53 am #13

Could it possibly point towards eliminating those characters altogether from an eventual decode attempt?

m13
DOJ

August 7th, 2011, 5:40 pm #14

Good observation, Janus. Have you looked at any other communiques with your keen eye?
I Said Good Day!

Janus
Janus

August 18th, 2011, 5:17 pm #15

No i haven't as yet I've been rushed off my feet lately, I do hope to get back into it ASAP though this is all very intriguing to me, but eh who doesn't like a good mystery :p

egparadigm

August 18th, 2011, 8:30 pm #16

I personally find this very convincing. It explains why Z would spell it 4-teen and not just fourteen.Glad you posted this second pic as I didn't follow your full meaning before.

Janus
Janus

January 19th, 2012, 1:18 pm #17

OK so this is where I was up to, in my thinking that the Halloween card was the key for the 340 cipher:Of course then I got horribly stuck. I couldn't work out how I'd be able to work out (if this theory is anywhere near the truth that is) where the L & V were in the word 'slaves'.Of course until I was reading an old thread in this subforum about the LAV on the halloween card envelope that is.Could it be that this is to give us the position of the L & V in relation to the A that we have there already? (the middle one).But yeah I'm stuck again lol, I have no idea if this theory's gonna pan out, nor do I know wtf that extra L in his name (envelope) means.~~~Another idea I had was the stickers, which I never heard about until I saw them mentioned in another old thread. This could be waaay off the beaten path, but could it be that the first sticker "I'm thinking of you" with the shaded square behind it, gives us the "U" character from the 340? If so, wtf does the other sticker indicate then?http://www.zodiackiller.com/Stickerz.htmlAnyway just some more of my random thoughts, I figured I'd taken a long enough break from here (darn real life drama argh!)

January 20th, 2012, 7:25 pm #18

Janus,Thanks for your work and good open and free atitude! Tom provided this board for free open discussions.The underline of lAv may be some kind of key. What makes me open to the kinds of thoughts you present, as well as other posters, is with Rodelli's discovery of the !'s marks in the Z card forming upside down . ... .. or 1-3-2 or highway 132 in the Nov.8,'69 "dripping pen" greeting card. To me anything is possible within reason,of course, Z. Z could be very subtle.There is something about the Halloween card- besides a threat to Paul Avery,and calculating victim count- that seems there is a key/s to a lock that opens a door with subtle clues imbedded in this production. It's bothersome when you dwell on it. Those two stickers that sharp eyed Tom presented some years back could be linked too.Now was it proleptic or refering to the past?If Rodelli is correct then that hidden clue of marks forming 132 or that he would attack on highway 132 after 'awhile"-so it was be prophetic in nature.If the 10/27/70 card was retro then maybe it refers to the then unknown victim Donna Lass who vanished 9/6/70 about a month before the card was sent. Was the strange 10/5/70 card or so called 'bloody cross' card meant to be linked to the 27th card? Were those punched holes (there was a punched hole in the Pines card 3/22/71) to be used,etc.??? Don't know.These was some 22(some may see the 4 but who knows?) days between each card being sent.Both cards in the same month of October '70 had the unusual-for Z,the, "In the beginning God..."commemorative moon stamp affixed to each missive. This 'links' them, at least, by this unusual stamp.We know that Z was curious about whether his codes were cracked by his inquiries.This could also be a clue to that part of his personality of being concealed -not revealed or telling others he was or even hinting that he was Zodiac for example! I think Z in life was very secretive.

Janus
Janus

January 21st, 2012, 5:24 pm #19

On the inside of the Halloween card Envelope was written sorry no cipher twice in the shape of an x:The 340 has 2 X's in separate quadrants (marked in green): So my take on this is either:1. It means nothing (if so, why go to the trouble of writing it inside the envelope this meaningless thing?)2. It's related to something else (would probably have to be another cipher?)3. It could mean that every symbol contained in a quadrant that has one of the X's in it is not part of the cypher. If we did that, and cancelled out of the grid all characters that appear in the "X quadrants" then we would be left with:( A = cancelled out symbol obviously).4. The 2 quadrants that contain the X's are just "noise" and are not part of the cipher.I think #4 option is most likely.~~~If you didn't tell by now, I'm trying to do this logically and by using the clues Zodiac gave us. I think the 340 is firstly a puzzle filled with a lot of 'filler' characters, and when we solve the puzzle we will be left with either the answer, or the actual cipher text.Oooof course I could be wrong, but I wont be upset if I am lol.

May 30th, 2014, 10:02 pm #20

I did a bit of thinking about the connection of the HC and the 340. I don't have anything concrete, but maybe someone can spin this further.

1. The HC contains the letter F (in sign language) and the number 14. So, why not treat the 340 like a chessboard (with rows numbered 1,2,... and columns A,B,...) and see what field F 14 is?
Depending on how you rotate the 340 and in which direction you count you have eight possibilities:

Obviously, because of the inherent symmetry, you get intersecting lines. Interestingly,  the corners of the "L" shapes lie on those lines.

2. The HC contains a symbol with four dots arranged around angular shapes. The 340 also contains dots and those prominent "L" shapes. Those shapes define two diagonals.
If you reflect the dots along the diagonals you get the letters R & G (Richard Gaikowsky?), the Zodiac symbol, and three other symbols I can't make anything of.

It's also interesting to note that only four of the six dots can be reflected to letters/symbols, because two of the dots are reflections of each other.
There are only four dots in the HC.

I hope this sparks something in someones brain.