Zamantha
SFPD

April 21st, 2011, 4:30 pm #41

How "popular" was Lake Herman Road as a makeout spot? BRS seems like it was better suited to accommodate a couple of cars parking, but LHR seems a little limited in space. Maybe it was a real hot spot for the privacy, does anyone else recall this being the case (I don't live in the area and never "parked" when I was a kid, different era)?Zam, this guy is claiming to have been at both Z scenes immediately following the attacks, or am I reading this wrong?
Too young to have gone parking, an after the Z too afraid to go parking. This info. I get from older peeps is ALOT of parking & partying in BRS. And I would assume LHR was for those who wanted privacy. Yes, this guy & his girlfriend at the time are saying they drove by both places some time after the crimes. I don't find that too usual as they were young and driving around.

Tahoe27
DOJ

April 21st, 2011, 5:32 pm #42

This guy and his girlfriend happened upon both murder scenes? If LE knew this, they'd be all over him.
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

Zamantha
SFPD

April 21st, 2011, 11:02 pm #43

This guy and his girlfriend happened upon both murder scenes? If LE knew this, they'd be all over him.
Asked him if he ever spoke to the police. Here is his reply._________________________________________________No, we never did talk to the police at that time. There were police/sheriffs aplenty at the scene and we didn't want X's parents to know that we were out checking out the "submarine races". Besides, back then I probably had some "herbal essence" on me. I did talk about it to my friend, X X, a Vallejo cop in the late 70s. We were friends and the subject just poped up when X and I were at X and his wife's house playing cards. Oh, playing cards and listening to Xs scanner. X always had his scanner on listening to the police calls. Very entertaining.

April 22nd, 2011, 12:38 am #44

Good work as per usual Zamson !When we see all the info and photos,maps,etc.,that Tahoe .45! has kindly posted on most of the threads if not all,we thank her too.

stibby
stibby

April 24th, 2011, 9:05 pm #45

Ok, I have to ask - what were the "submarine races"?

Vindog
DOJ

April 24th, 2011, 9:14 pm #46

hehehe

April 24th, 2011, 9:36 pm #47

Ok, I have to ask - what were the "submarine races"?
Have you ever actualy seen a "submarine race" ?? Or were you the kind of kid who always told your parents what you were doing all hours of the day and night? <wink><nod>- wood
If Gyke Isn't Zodiac - I'll Eat My Hat

Paradice
DOJ

April 25th, 2011, 4:06 am #48

I have no idea what a "submarine race" is, either. I have to infer that it is something dirty.nudge nudge wink wink"a nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat"

April 25th, 2011, 6:21 am #49

It's euphemism or secret code for making out/having sex, because you can't watch a submarine race; it's underwater.http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour ... racing.jpg[/img]
If Gyke Isn't Zodiac - I'll Eat My Hat

April 25th, 2011, 11:17 pm #50

wood,Don't subs have periscopes that protrude from the water so as as to check the race?