TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

March 31st, 2011, 8:02 pm #31

March 31st, 2011, 8:32 pm #32

Yes. I am glad that over the years new pictures have been found of the various victims and shared with us at the board. Often they show us the victims in happy times, sometimes with their families, pets, friends, etc. and we can get a better sense of who they were, as opposed to just a statistic. I know that when Tom posted the new Stine pictures last year, people at MB's board were sneering, saying things like "big deal. New pictures" or that Tom was "exploiting" the victims and their families by posting such pictures. IMO, nothing could be further from the truth. By looking for and finding new pictures and posting them, we are honoring these victims and letting their families and friends know that we care and think about the victims, not just identifying a killer.
Well said Tracers
Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

March 31st, 2011, 10:56 pm #33

Thanks for the picture Tahoe. So young....Amen to that Tracers.....

iago galdston
Old Newbie

April 1st, 2011, 12:08 am #34

A beautiful girl....really sad

Zamantha
SFPD

April 21st, 2011, 3:36 am #35

Interviewing a Vallejo Connection, by Zam* Names have been x'd out. I have some personal info about the Zodiac. It's more anticdotal but here goes. Anyway, my exwife X X and I were dating back in the early 70s. X had babysat one of the Zodiacs victims, Betty Lou Jensen. One enening we were on our way out to Blue Rock Springs to "watch the submarine races" and we got to the parking lot of BRS just as the Solano County Sheriff were ariving to investigate the dead person found in their car. I always wonder how long it had been between the time that we arrived to "make-out" and the time the Zodiac had left the murder scene. I believe this shooting was the one that the girl died of her wounds and the guy eventually survived his wounds thereby becoming one of the few or maybe only witness who helped the cops developing the scetch of the Zodiac. Sheer coincidence, X and I drove upon the other shooting when Betty Lou Jensen on Lake herman Rd. There were a couple of sherif cars there when we passed by the scene but X recognized Betty's car and we were pretty certain something bad had happened there that night. Before the zodiac started his terror raising moves, Blue Rock Springs and Lake Herman Rd were popular "lover's lane" destinations within our circle of friends. I don't know about other people but our "necking" sites were seriously impacted by the Zodiac's killings. In regards to my joining your research group, I'll pass on that but I would be happy to contributing any or all I know about the Zodiac. Those were scarey times! Not very condusive to young lover's finding a safe place to sneak a kiss. I've almost always thought the prime suspect was the heavy-set guy with the short hair. He was different and I had talked to him at Solano College when the campus was at Mini Drive and Whitney. He was in one of my psycology clsses and we discussed school a couple of times at the student union which is the building that is now occupied by the Boys and Girls Club at the corner of Mini Drive and Corcoran. He was strangely different. I just wrote it off to his being "nerdy" or something. I can't explain it but he made me uneasy or wary of being friends with him. I eventually went out of my way to avoid any further contact with him. Weird Dude! I think he died a number of years ago.to be con't

Tracers
DOJ

April 21st, 2011, 3:53 am #36

How could this person's ex-wife recognized Betty Lou's car at the LHR scene?

Zamantha
SFPD

April 21st, 2011, 9:53 am #37

How could this person's ex-wife recognized Betty Lou's car at the LHR scene?
ah yes, good eye Tracers! Interview to be con't. Part two tomorrow. One thing I learned, active listening. Keep them talking and I find out more as I go along. >grin<

April 21st, 2011, 12:17 pm #38

How could the wife have recognized "Betty's car"? The Rambler was David's.

Zamantha
SFPD

April 21st, 2011, 3:44 pm #39

How could the wife have recognized "Betty's car"? The Rambler was David's.
Part 2 Con't . First of all let me point out, I'm going to post the information the way I have received it. This person story is not suspect, he is a long time Vallejo person very well known & liked. The problem is people forget things, especially 40 plus years. Also he is not a big follower of the Z case and is telling his story the best he can recall. This is not something he is in to or thinks about. I was trying to tap into his memory.After our chat, I asked him about the car. He had to check with his ex wife, here is Part 2.Hi, I called X and it seems that I am guilty of a memoryectomy! I remembered the other car, the Blue Rock Springs car, a corvair, if my alleged memory is right. X scolded me and she remembers our finding out that it was Betty Lou on LHR the next morning in the Times Herald. My bad. But, we did drive by the murder scene on LHR as well as BRS. The BRS car was parked in the parking lot just across the rock wall from that rock incased fountain. I think it (the drinking fountain) is still there although I haven't been by the park for 5 or 6 yrs. My memories are yours!To be con't.

Paradice
DOJ

April 21st, 2011, 3:53 pm #40

How "popular" was Lake Herman Road as a makeout spot? BRS seems like it was better suited to accommodate a couple of cars parking, but LHR seems a little limited in space. Maybe it was a real hot spot for the privacy, does anyone else recall this being the case (I don't live in the area and never "parked" when I was a kid, different era)?Zam, this guy is claiming to have been at both Z scenes immediately following the attacks, or am I reading this wrong?