Old Newbie

February 13th, 2018, 10:02 pm #21

Weird mural.

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie

February 20th, 2018, 2:20 pm #22

TomVoigt wrote: NOTE: For privacy reasons, I have edited parts of the audio linked below, making it confusing/choppy at times.

If you know the full names and contact info of the persons involved, please do not share it.

Audio is just over a minute in length:

John is my informant in the audio. I interviewed him a couple of weeks ago, and there is nothing that makes me think he is lying.

I also interviewed Craig, the person to whom the suspect allegedly confessed. I'll say this, his denial was very odd.
When did John reveal this? Recently or ancient history? Confession must have been ancient history though? Thanks

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie

February 20th, 2018, 2:23 pm #23

akjohn wrote: Interesting.  If Gaikowski was depressed and worried about being arrested, why would he then decide to display incriminating evidence and threaten someone?
Because of stress.

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie

February 20th, 2018, 2:25 pm #24

TomVoigt wrote:
akjohn wrote:
Interesting.  If Gaikowski was depressed and worried about being arrested, why would he then decide to display incriminating evidence and threaten someone?
If Gaikowski was the Zodiac, he wasn't a normal dude. Nutty people do nutty things. Look at what got BTK caught.
Stupidity got BTK caught. Plus if he had been 25 years younger he would have known that the floppy disk could have been traced.

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie

February 20th, 2018, 2:28 pm #25

BugsMoran wrote: I see Craig statement about Richard's confession as collaboration of what Blaine had been saying all along.  I, as well as many others,  have been waiting years for new testimony like this to emerge, and this could lead to more people stepping forward for more evidence in a 'Cosby Effect'. Craig backtracking is hard to explain. I hadn't realized Gaikowski was such a honored figure in San Francisco Bohemian community.  It leads me to wonder if other people in the that tightly-knit (and over-the-top) have been holding back because they were afraid that they would be punished if they soiled the name of a local hero.
Writer and artist types are typically unafraid of anybody else's opinions, but I think they might have been afraid of arrest and prosecution for "holding onto evidence" or "not coming forward" or even collaboration.

v
Old Newbie
v
Old Newbie

February 20th, 2018, 2:32 pm #26

BugsMoran wrote: I'm surprised more people haven't jumped in on this discussion as it seems like a good opening for Tom. It's easy enough to find Craig on the internet. I wonder if it would be a good idea to start questioning his associates and contacts in the art community.  If Craig opened up to John, he probably told others. Does a person like Craig want to die knowing that they kept secret the identity of a serial killer? Still waters run deep! I also have to think that if Richard spilled the beans to Blaine and Craig, he told other people. If Richard was the Zodiac and he felt the cops were closing in on him because of Blaine's testimony, it was probably the time he decided to finally get rid of the mask, outfit and gun that was used at Berryessa.  Gyke was no fool, and I doubt he'd be caught with the goods on him. Richard reminds me in a way of ALA, who liked to drop hints to people that he was the Zodiac. I still wonder if Richard and Arthur were somehow connected? Good luck. I p[ray something more develops here.
Intuition has always told me ALA was a wanna be Zodiac, that it wasn't him and that he was in need of nefarious attention but otherwise was just some kind of loser. I have heard the "tape" and do recognize a voice, which some of you others will also recognize. But I don't know who this Craig is. Under what search words would I find him on the web, as you mention? Thanks

jdm22
jdm22

February 22nd, 2018, 7:21 am #27

Longtime lurker, new here and joined to ask — Tom Voigt or anyone else, have you seen the Guy Colwell mural at the Pritiken Mansion in person? This seems like it might be potentially really interesting—an early 70s Good Times cartoonist depicting Z in a mural of "famous and infamous San Franciscans, past and present.”

Could this possibly be a clue? Does Guy Colwell know something we don't? Perhaps something pertaining to his old newspaper mate and fellow San Francisco outsider arts community member Richard Gaikowski? 

This mural was painted in 2009. The mansion used to be a kind of public museum, but it's now up for sale and available to visit by appointment only. Has anyone taken a good look at it yet? 

jdm22
jdm22

February 22nd, 2018, 7:23 am #28

just to follow that up — is the implication from this mural that Z lived in San Francisco? This article claims the mural specifically depicts "famous and infamous San Franciscans"

https://glenparkassociation.org/2009/10 ... n-mansion/

How does Guy Colwell know Z lived in SF? 

Yvie
Yvie

August 14th, 2018, 2:19 am #29

jdm22 wrote: just to follow that up — is the implication from this mural that Z lived in San Francisco? This article claims the mural specifically depicts "famous and infamous San Franciscans"

https://glenparkassociation.org/2009/10 ... n-mansion/

How does Guy Colwell know Z lived in SF? 
He may or may not have known for sure, but was well aware of how much he terrorised the city and thought it enough to include him. I find it interesting that he also added the snakes around him like he was a snake in the grass, lurking, not knowing when or where he will strike. It could also be a symbol of something/someone deadly or even of rebirth. If he did know Z, he may have known he had stopped killing and reinvented himself. I am thinking he may have placed the zodiacs symbol on his back in ref to knowing who he was (like a target on his back maybe) that all will come to light eventually, or just to let viewers know who was in the mural...the faceless man society has longed to capture for so long. 
I think this mural is very interesting.  

Yvie
Yvie

August 14th, 2018, 2:23 am #30

Hybrid Moments wrote:

Looking again at Colwell's mural, I just noticed that  "The Zodiac Killer" is holding his letters in one hand and waving "hi" or for attention at SLA's Patty Hearst (http://www.zodiackiller.com/SLALetter.html) with his other. Quite a coincidence that Colwell would "just happen" to connect their connection.
If he did know Z, maybe this mural is a cryptic clue of its own. Maybe clues to his identity is hidden in the faces and depictions of those in the mural. Does anyone know who everyone else is? Who is the guy with the revolver?