Tracers
DOJ

November 20th, 2009, 6:33 pm #11

My boss always said her ass was a draggin' when she was very tired. She also said that when she was feeling under the weather.

September 10th, 2010, 11:53 pm #12

A little late as I just saw it but great find T27. I know grandma was slow,but she was very old! It fits LV,Nev. The type of geography there.I can see tourists buying it with the desert and miner motif,etc.

stibby
stibby

April 14th, 2011, 3:13 am #13

I see that in Chinese Astrology, that "dragons" represent the different elements and the four points of a compass… Part of Z's Halloween card symbol kind of resembles a "wind barb":I don't know what "The Dragon's Forcast" is, but you can see a symbol on there very similar to the wind barb: Getting back to Chinese Astrology, in addition to the commonly known "fire dragons", there are also "water dragons" that do things like cause springs to bubble up and sometimes drown people.

TBain81
Old Newbie
TBain81
Old Newbie

April 14th, 2011, 2:41 pm #14

As in, "Please help me, I am drowning."??

Tracers
DOJ

January 23rd, 2012, 10:55 pm #15

I have a number of vintage Jolly Roger cards. Some have felt and some do not. I know that there is a color image of the zodiac Dragon card somewhere on the board, but can't recall where. Could someone post that image here for comparison? thanks.

Nin
DOJ

January 24th, 2012, 12:36 am #16

Here we go, Tracers:

Tahoe27
DOJ

January 24th, 2012, 12:47 am #17

Awesome Nin.Tom has a very crisp black & white of it here:http://www.zodiackiller.com/DCHR.html
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple". Dr. Suess   

Tracers
DOJ

January 24th, 2012, 12:48 am #18

Thanks! Based on that color image and comparing the card to Tahoe's and the ones I have (nothing z-like in any of my cards, alas), I would agree with Tahoe and say that the red area is probably made of felt.

January 27th, 2012, 8:32 pm #19

So T27's excellent find could be a clue and just having fun:Desert-burros-connected to a desert area?Miners- at least two -one older than the other on Z sent card.On Tahoe card one is 'alone.'Dragon this connected to the occult/mythology-Stibby made a very good find/symbol,etc.Las Vegas-connection to LV? It would take both cards from the same co.to discern this.

rscflywheel

January 23rd, 2018, 8:19 am #20

Tahoe27 wrote: I just wanted to share this card with everyone!  Same maker..same time-frame.  The front of the card is felt and I now believe the dragon card was as well.

Just for kicks I also posted the envelope it was in.  More writing than not (doesn't) look like Zodiac's, but couldn't help thinking some did.

I'm not sure if this is where I type my reply.. Look up a group called the E clampus vitus. They are based in with lodge no. 1 in san francisco and lodge number 7 is the "pair o dice" lodge. They use the same logo as on that card. An old prospector in a hat white beard , red shirt, blue jeans, with an ass. I stumbled on them a couple of years ago and I believe these cards are based on that. I recently just started doing heavy research into them but I just wanted to pass it on to you. I hope you take it seriously. Have a good one man. Randall Clemons
clampus.JPG