About Blaine in "Hunting the Zodiac"

'Hunting The Zodiac' by John Mikulenka THUMBS UP!!!
WATCH ONLINE FOR FREE !!!
Discussion of "Hunting The Zodiac" by John Mikulenka should be posted here

About Blaine in "Hunting the Zodiac"

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

April 5th, 2010, 5:53 am #1

In part one of the film, SFPD's Inspector Maloney (rest in peace) brings up Blaine, and demonstrates a chart Blaine designed to explain his solution to the Diablo code. Blaine was portrayed by Maloney as a kook.At the end of March 2004, I moved from Portland to San Francisco to further my Zodiac research. After a few months in SF, I was finally able to arrange a meeting with Maloney. The meeting took place at an Irish pub on Geary Street a block from my apartment called the Blarney Stone. Zodiac buffs Sandy Betts and Ed Neil were also there, along with my roommate, Cam. (Cam was a Harvard grad and we used to kill on trivia night.) Dahlia and Bill Baker might have been there too. I can't be sure about that, though.From my discussions with Maloney, I learned that Blaine had been given the kook treatment by SFPD, and his information had been disregarded. Even though all I knew of Gaikowski at that point was completely underwhelming, it troubled me enough that I went home from the pub and updated my website with this entry from my News Center page. (I wanted to find Blaine and check out what he had, but Blaine was essentially homeless.) Note the segment in bold:June 27, 2004) The author of the alleged Zodiac letters sent to Zodiackiller.com from Singapore, Atlanta and Thailand in late 2002/early 2003 (see updates below) has recently been identified and is apparently now living in the San Francisco area. (In October 2003 I released custody of the letters to a forensic scientist at a California DNA facility.) If anyone knows the exact whereabouts of the man using the aliases Jacob William Ornstein and Jack Yohiel Alexander, please let me know immediately.(For additional information on the alleged Zodiac letters received by Zodiackiller.com, scroll down for the updates dated Nov. 22, 2002 and Jan. 15, 2003.)> If anyone has contact information for the San Francisco informant called "Purple Blaine," please contact me.Link: http://www.zodiackiller.com/Newscenter2.html

PAUL
SFPD

April 5th, 2010, 4:51 pm #2

Any update to this?

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

April 5th, 2010, 6:13 pm #3

Gyke died a month after I moved down there, and I couldn't contact Blaine until a couple years ago.

Tmac
DOJ

April 5th, 2010, 8:53 pm #4

Damn, that sucks.

PAUL
SFPD

April 5th, 2010, 8:53 pm #5

Gyke died a month after I moved down there, and I couldn't contact Blaine until a couple years ago.
Are you saying...1. Those letters may be from Gaik? 2. Or Goldcatcher?3. Do we know if Gaik/GC was in the country or area where these letters originated?4. Does GC claim to have knowledge of these letters? or recognize the handwriting or area of origin?Sorry for the questions that you may have answered elsewhere... just trying to grasp what you are saying here...

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

April 5th, 2010, 9:07 pm #6

The first entry in the June 27 update is not related to the second entry.