A Study in Responsible Filmmaking

'Hunting The Zodiac' by John Mikulenka THUMBS UP!!!
WATCH ONLINE FOR FREE !!!
Discussion of "Hunting The Zodiac" by John Mikulenka should be posted here

March 22nd, 2007, 8:25 pm #11

The day you can get it on DVD, I'll line up for one of the first copies.Thank you for working so hard to get it out there to the public. It's a fine film, and you should be proud.

Eric M
SFPD

March 22nd, 2007, 9:28 pm #12

I'll be getting a copy too.
As Gram's younger sister, known as Little Avis, would later recall, “Things were mighty strange around the house.”

TomVoigt
Site Owner
TomVoigt
Site Owner

March 25th, 2007, 9:42 am #13

John has the opposite mentality of big business, and it shows. I'm fixin' to post something at length but I'll hold off for now.

Dahlia
SFPD

April 8th, 2007, 5:43 am #14

I will absolutely buy a copy, John. My only complaint about the film was that I wanted it to be, like, six hours longer! Seriously, I loved it and can't wait for the DVD.

wingwalker
Old Newbie
wingwalker
Old Newbie

June 30th, 2008, 5:50 pm #15

Hi John, We have been waiting over a year for the DVD !!! Is there any update ?Thanks
Thanks to everyone who's posted something about "Hunting The Zodiac" on this board -- even if was just to ask when it'll be available on DVD. I've intended for a long time to make the film available as a streaming download, because I like the idea of the film being a web-based experience. Seems appropriate, since it's about a web-based community. But I've come to find that no site existing today is willing to take an independent film like HTZ and kick back a fair amount of the "rental" fees to me, the producer. Makes me wonder if these video download sites are really serious about attracting decent content and viewer eyeballs to the web -- or merely trying to survive long enough to be bought out by Google or another big gun. I haven't given up entirely on offering the film as a streaming download, but it'll take time to make that happen. So I'm putting all my effort in the coming weeks to getting the film onto DVD and offering it for sale through the film's website (huntingthezodiac.com). I've got a few "extras" in mind, so even if you saw it at the task-force meeting, there'll be some new material on the DVD to make it more interesting. Stay tuned to this thread, and to the HTZ site, for more details about how to order. Also want to say a special thanks to Tom, Scott, Sandy, Ed, Angie, and everyone else who's seen the film and posted good words about it. I spent many, many months on the editing, and the amateur community was always at the forefront of my brain when a decision had to be made about tone or accuracy. Didn't care at all about pleasing a TV exec or a festival committee -- I always figured if the film didn't pass your smell test, then it wouldn't fly at all. By now I'm way past the point of being able to judge HTZ objectively -- just too familiar with every frame of it. So it's very gratifying to hear your reactions and to know you actually want to own the damn thing. I'm hoping to make that possible within 2-3 weeks.Scott, I'll be in touch directly about your awesome review. And to anyone else who's seen the film and doesn't think it's all that, please don't hesitate to say so. Nothing you say or write could be any harsher than what I've thought to myself on a thousand occasions during the past 5 or so years.Thanks again for your support of the film.John

Tracers
DOJ

June 30th, 2008, 7:02 pm #16

John, please hurry up and get that film on dvd!!!!! Can't wait to see it!!

Tmac
DOJ

July 1st, 2008, 10:08 pm #17

Ditto!Gotta have it!John, thanks for putting something like that together and recognizing these folks for what they are doing which is nothing short of phenomenal!

goldhelmet

July 12th, 2008, 7:01 am #18

John - Just curious, will any of the recent developments surrounding Gyke be added, or were you too far along in the process?